Are you satisfied?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you satisfied?

If RE 5 is the last entry, at least in the orginal story line, would you be satisfied with it being the last installment?
    Yes
    61.36%
    No
    38.64%

The poll is expired.

"One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

The series have pretty much split into 2 arcs.

One that focuses on the STARS, Wesker and Spencer (RE0, RE1, RE3, RE5)

The other about Claire, Leon and Ada. (RE2, Degeneration, RE4)

I'm ok with RE5 being the closure for Chris/Jill story, but not with Claire/Leon story. To continue the series from here, they will have to establish a new evil company (Company S from the Ada's ending in RE4) and new bad guys, which will fall in line with Capcom's rebooting of the series.

Comment

I think the two arcs is the best way to look at things. Whether that's how Capcom is, is yet to be seen.

As for Company S, wasn't it confirmed in the Degeneration artbook that TriCell was originally meant to be "Sea Shell" or something, and it was later changed?

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
        I think the two arcs is the best way to look at things. Whether that's how Capcom is, is yet to be seen.

As for Company S, wasn't it confirmed in the Degeneration artbook that TriCell was originally meant to be "Sea Shell" or something, and it was later changed?

i dunno, wesker seems to be working for tricell, and ada was a double agent for a different company ..

there's still the potential to continue the story putting this organization ada works for in the spot light .. and obviously bring in Leon as the central character again.

Comment

Very satisfied. It's a great game to play and storyline-wise it has answered about 90% of the questions I've have throughout the series. I agree the series is really moving in two arcs and that the STARS/Umbrella storyline is basically closed, but that doesn't mean that Chris, Jill, Barry and company won't be used in future games. I could see the focus shift away from those characters, but I still think the surviving STARS members, some (if not all) being part of the BSAA, will be involved in future outbreaks.

I'm still betting on Leon and Chris being the lead characters in the final game, bringing together the two storylines to finally end the struggle against Bio-terrorism.

Comment

Yeah I hope that Chris, Jill and the rest of the gang will be back at future titles.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm still betting on Leon and Chris being the lead characters in the final game, bringing together the two storylines to finally end the struggle against Bio-terrorism.
              that would work, since with Degeneration and RE5 both leon and chris have encountered TriCell.. and in RE5 we've only covered one branch of tricell.

Comment

Leon didn't encounter Tricell, if anything he encountered WilPharma.

Comment

It's kinda obvious that Leon will encounter TriCell soon enough...

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                    Leon didn't encounter Tricell, if anything he encountered WilPharma.

well yeah i meant that both character's respective last appearances included something with TriCell .. as in capcom wants to make tricell all important now.

Comment

Yes. And it is the only game in general to satisfy me in a long, long time.
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I hope the focus will shift to Leon/Claire, with Barry/Rebecca as the only side characters, and the plot revolving Tricell, Ada and Sherry/Steve bodies.

Once Sherry/Steve's bodies mystery is cleared, have them finish up the Tricell and Ada to finish the saga.

Comment

if this was the end, i would not be satified at all.

i really want to see more of Jill's story arc.

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                            i really want to see more of Jill's story arc.
                            Umm, what story arc? It's closed.

Comment

I still hope Chris, Jill and all will appear or atleast be mentioned in future titles.

Final game I would like to see all the remaining characters band together to fight the last massive threat.

Though we all know that Capcom isn't going to have one last massive threat for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                              X