Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there sun blindness still? ( for those who have played it now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there sun blindness still? ( for those who have played it now)

I was wondering this for a long time

Do you remember back in 2007, and even 2008 , when Jun Takeuchi was saying that in this game, one of the key components was going to be a gameplay mechanic of blindness? When chris ( only chris at teh time) would run into the darkness after having been in the sun for a while, he would experience blindness for a period, which was supposed to be used as a realistic way to scare people, having enemies attack at this vital time. As well it would work the opposite, having blindness going from teh darkness into the light quickly.

For those who have played the game, did they scrap this idea, i fear they did just as they scrapped the heat exhaustion idea. I twas such a cool idea, making the environment an enemy, and beign vulnerable in your surroundings, and Takeuchi even made a huge interview on it, showing it in the game, that if they scrapped it, it will defintly be dissapppointing

Has anyone played the game and seen if this has been scrapped or not?

Here is the video of Takeuchi talking and showing off the blindness aspect. It starts at about 3:30.

A note, dont read the responses by people below the video, they contain SPOILERS about key aspects of the game.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Yeah, that was a while ago back in 2007. I saw some of chapter 1 on youtube and there doesn't seem to be any of those elements. I think Jun Takeuchi confirmed it was a mistranslation.

Comment

Its still there to an extent. When you are in doors, the bright areas outside become very bright, and likewise, when you are entering, its not as visible until your eyes adjust. Also, that heat exhaustion thing was a mis-translation. He never said it would be in the game. He was just discussing the light, and how it would take some time to adjust depending on the players location.
      Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-10-2009, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Well thats good, thanks both of you. At least the blindness aspect is still there to an extent, i look forward to seeing it in a few days.

Comment

it looks amazing in some later area's where you go from one set piece thinking that you're about to enter a small corridor, only to realize that the thing on the other side is an even bigger area when your eyes focus .

Comment

Even if it was a mistranslation, it's a pity that a heat exhaustion/hallucination/mirage game mechanic wasn't implemented.
            It would have made for some very interesting scenarios in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
            X