Where the hell is the PC version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where the hell is the PC version?

Why doesn't Capcom release any more info about RE5 on PC? Imagine the possibilities:

- Big LAN party with like 32 people or so, all joined into one game.
    - Literally 500 or so Manjini coming at you at once (because high-spec PCs could probably handle it).

How cool would that be? I want Capcom to make the most out of this PC edition, instead of making a crappy port with no online play (which is what I can see happening).

The PC version comes out some weeks/month after the console version to avoid downloading the game from the net and destroying the sales

Comment

From what I know PC version wasn't even announced, so we don't even know if there will be any.

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
      How cool would that be? I want Capcom to make the most out of this PC edition, instead of making a crappy port with no online play (which is what I can see happening).
      Why do you think so?
      Eh, why do people still think that if there'll be a PC version it will be "crappy".
      1. All games running on MT Framework engine are first made on PC and then ported to consoles. So they can't really screw this up, at least not as bad as RE4 PC port.
      2. Capcom is a member of PC Gaming Alliance, it's taking care of its PC versions, so the situation with RE4/DMC3/Onimusha 3 won't happen again.
      3. Lost Planet was a first game (or among first games) that uses DX10. DMC4 works flawlessly, looks better than its PS3/X0 counterparts and has an additional difficult level - Legendary Dark Knight - which is awesome. There were no problems with Bionic Commando Rearmed too. So where are your concerns coming from?

I don't know if Bionic Commando Rearmed PC has online co-op, but it has offline co-op and it was great .
      EDIT: It has online mode.
      Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 03-10-2009, 09:57 AM.

Comment

im looking forward to the pc version since i dont have a 360/ps3

Comment

DMC4 took 6 months so that's what I'm preparing for. By then I should also have a decent PC.

Comment

what can i say get a consol XD hehe

Comment

You will spend more money to build up a new PC now so I suggest you to buy a PS3 or Xbox360.
              sigpic

Comment

There's No PC version yet because God doesn't like you, he told me so

*Reality Check, best to assume a summer/autumn RE5 release*

Comment

realistically speaking i'd guess it'll be a winter release which will mostly go un-noticed because most of the people would have already played the console version .. that and it'll get pirated to hell ..

Comment

Originally posted by Zomby View Post
                    The PC version comes out some weeks/month after the console version to avoid downloading the game from the net and destroying the sales
                    Both the Biohazard & Resident Evil versions have appeared 4-5 days before the release date for the console(360) for download. So why would a PC version make any difference? True it would be easier to "use" for most people, no modifying required as with consoles.

Speaking of which, I still have no 360 or PS3, gonna have to do something about that in the next couple days or I'll never end up playing this game. (likely end up reading all about it)
                    Last edited by Evil_Rob; 03-10-2009, 10:23 AM.

Comment

in the end its better to get a consol well thats what i think XD of couse its easy for me to say couse i allready got a ps3 XD hehe

Comment

for me a gaming pc is the only choice since pc games have more players per map (up to 64), free maps and upgrades that the 360 and ps3 owners have to pay for, mods, and most of all better graphics. but i also own a wii ;)

Comment

I was not impressed with Lost Planet PC at all. I have a 2.5 dual core and a 512 HD 3650, and the fucking thing kept telling me that my hardware can't handle medium settings (*ah-fucking-em* it dipped below 15fps so the game cut out )

Comment

Originally posted by marcusray View Post
                            DMC4 took 6 months so that's what I'm preparing for. By then I should also have a decent PC.
                            What's overlooked is that DMC4 tanked hard on the PC, so one has to wonder if they'll ever bother with one. Sure SFIV is coming, but it's not developed in-house, lower budget, and has a complete PC code ready (arcade version). RE5, like DMC4, will require more work since 40% of the development cycle remains.

Comment

let's hope it's soon cause im going to be building my PC in a few months and i want to be able to it max out so hopefully they'll release the specs before i completely upgrade it , im so removing sheva from the game and replacing chris's model with birdwoman .

Comment

Working...
                              X