Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone else annoyed about this? (RE5 topic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone else annoyed about this? (RE5 topic)

is it just me or does sheva tend to waste more ammo shooting at you than she does the enemy? :/ most of the time im trying to get a good shot off and shes there unloading into my back

There's a thread concerning this in the RE5 spoilers forum. And yes, I and many others think Sheva's AI is appalling and gets even more so in Pro. I don't give her anything but a handgun any more because half the time I get it in the back.

Comment

Turn off hit detection...
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

um i dont see that option >.> and i dont look at spoiler area :/ sorry

Comment

It's right there when you are about to begin a game. Last option.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Yeah. I turned off being able to get shot...

Sheva's AI is... ugh...
            I mean it's not as bad as, for example, Outbreak. But still. I don't want her to waste ammo. But if she *doesn't* have ammo it could get overwhelming. But at the same time, she doesn't make use of the ammo she has (they should've at least had her do a melee attack on stunned enemies once in a while)...

I mean it's making RE5 more focused on ammo conservation. And while I like ammo conservation, I don't like how it's only because Sheva is there.

As a side note: I just got my first death in the game and I'm pretty sure it was by *KIRK* (unless there was some rocket-shooting majini I missed somewhere very early in the game at an elevated height)... What is with Capcom and partner AIs in RE games?

Comment

Originally posted by JcFFx View Post
              What is with Capcom and partner AIs in RE games?
              It seems Chris' partners don't really like him and want to kill him ;).

Comment

lol. I rectified her by giving her a machine gun and sniper rifle cos I never used them. Kept me in good ammo for pistol, Shotty and so forth. She tends to use the Machine gun like a pistol anyway. I just got fed up of her shooting enemies on the floor (especially when I was knife killing it on the floor).

Comment

Originally posted by JcFFx View Post
                  Yeah. I turned off being able to get shot...

Sheva's AI is... ugh...
                  I mean it's not as bad as, for example, Outbreak. But still. I don't want her to waste ammo. But if she *doesn't* have ammo it could get overwhelming. But at the same time, she doesn't make use of the ammo she has (they should've at least had her do a melee attack on stunned enemies once in a while)...

I mean it's making RE5 more focused on ammo conservation. And while I like ammo conservation, I don't like how it's only because Sheva is there.

As a side note: I just got my first death in the game and I'm pretty sure it was by *KIRK* (unless there was some rocket-shooting majini I missed somewhere very early in the game at an elevated height)... What is with Capcom and partner AIs in RE games?
                  Its very hard for any games company to make a good AI program for a partner, they even mentioned that in the development section in the guide book i got with the game. Trust me, Theres no such thing as a perfect AI for this sort of thing.

Comment

I gave her only the handgun and sniper rifle for most of the game, and it did her well. With the Sniper Rifle she tends to go into some sort of auto-programmed mode and manages to headshot a number of enemies in the distance, and she always goes to this weapon when her handgun ammo gets low. Seeing as I split the handgun ammo up between us a lot and kinda had control over giving her more ammo when I wanted to this works really well.

I made the mistake of giving her a shotgun later in the game, which I advise people not to do. As Enrico said though, she also seems fine with a machine gun though - using short bursts and basically treating it like a pistol, which is good.
                    Last edited by Rombie; 03-17-2009, 07:02 AM.

Comment

If they couldn't make the AI good enough to play through the game without frustration...then they shouldn't have lumbered you with the AI in the first place.

RE5 is clearly meant to be played as a co-op game. Which is sad,but at least they included split screen for anyone who doesn't have a good enough net connection.

Comment

Working...
                      X