• Show
Clear All

Yeah, because it makes no sense.
    Uhh, yes it does.

1) It's squad tactics, ensuring nothing buttrapes you as you enter the door
    2) Waiting for the other person
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

It's game mechanics made for co-op, since you need 2 players to open those doors. When one character gets to the door and presses B, they automatically turn around to see what player#2 is dicking around with, waiting for them to open the door too.

Comment

^Sina is right. The characters turn around to look back in the direction of the partner character. Sometimes it seems strange if they're right next to one another, but it is a standard game mechanic. It even happens when you stand on the pier waiting to board the skim boat in the Marshlands.

Ultimately though, this is just another thread from Rakoon to try and nitpick RE5 to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
          ^Sina is right. The characters turn around to look back in the direction of the partner character. Sometimes it seems strange if they're right next to one another, but it is a standard game mechanic. It even happens when you stand on the pier waiting to board the skim boat in the Marshlands.

Ultimately though, this is just another thread from Rakoon to try and nitpick RE5 to death.
          I have messaged you personally to let you know I mind your comments about me and the fact you are being disrespectful, addressing me in every post and twisting my words, apostrophizing me and taking sentences out of the context. Since the personal message obviously had no effect, I am asking you again, in my own topic, to stop basing your posts on commenting me. Thank you.

I have every right to like or dislike anything about RE5 or any RE in general and ask questions, post comments, have discussions, etc. about whatever bothers me or fascinates me in the RE universe.

Back on topic...

How is entering a door backwards helping you avoid getting buttraped?
          And if it's a co-op mechanism, why does it happen in single player as well?
          Last edited by Rakkoon; 03-17-2009, 12:35 PM.

Comment

what makes you think they enter it backwards ? :S the game just cuts when both players reach the door, it never shows them physically entering through the door ..

they probably wouldn't be stupid enough to enter backwards through doorways in hostile territory ..

because there's still 2 central characters even in single player mode..

Comment

I see. I was sarcastic about actually entering backwards. It's just weird when they're both at the door how Chris suddenly turns around right before entering.

Comment

Originally posted by Rakkoon View Post
                Yeah, because it makes no sense. I mean, is it a bug or something? And if not, why the hell do they have to turn around? Are they entering backwards? It makes no sense.

They're probably putting their backs against the wall to check nothing's behind them so they aren't going to get a knife in the head when they go through the wall. Everytime we see cutscenes or when they enter they are always face first, so they aren't actually walking through it backwards.

Comment

Back on topic...

How many times do people have to answer your initial question in this thread? Multiple people have indicated that the gameplay mechanic causes the character(s) to turn around at a door.

Yet you keep coming back with pointless questions. It's comparable to when a small toddler asks "why?" and then an answer is provided, and the tot retorts with yet another "why?"

But yes, I suppose I am "picking on you" and "taking your words out of context" (???) in every thread you post in. I guess offering a rebuttal indicates that I am an internet bully. Well, if you are going to label me, then you can easily be labeled a "troll."

I see. I was sarcastic about actually entering backwards.
                  Thus, my point is proved. You just had to keep asking "why" to people's answers to fuel your own deranged pleasure.
                  Last edited by Jill's Boob; 03-17-2009, 01:25 PM.

Comment

I have every right to like or dislike anything about RE5 or any RE in general and ask questions, post comments, have discussions, etc. about whatever bothers me or fascinates me in the RE universe.
                    Indeed. But if you throw shit around you better be expecting someone else to throw shit back.
                    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
                      Uhh, yes it does.

1) It's squad tactics, ensuring nothing buttrapes you as you enter the door
                      2) Waiting for the other person
                      Exactly, that's why they do that motion.

Taking cover, then you enter, you don't want to get your head blown/chopped because you didn't look first. It's a tactical movement.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

What's this thread's purpose again?

Comment

yeah i notice this too. Kinda annoying if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
                          X