No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 5 - a “new direction” for the franchise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, the shift is to global bioterrorism, and the BSAA is most likely going to be the heroic organization. New characters will be BSAA agents.

I guess that is what is being implied.

But I'd rather cut back on the militaristic overtones (started way back in RE3) and shift more toward "true horror."

New characters are okay with me, as the only ones I really cared about had their storylines wrapped up in RE5.

Comment

I really have no idea what they will do now. A story revolving the exploits of the BSAA sounds very unappealing, given the action implications. I really hope they will go back to something fucked up happening in some desolate old house in the middle of nowhere. Returning characters would be appreciated too.

I wonder if
      Spoiler:

There's still alot of questions left in the RE series. Like Sherry, and even Steve, both of which were supposed to be under Wesker's control. And who the hell is Ada working for. I'm sure they could take the game in a new direction while still answering these questions in RE6 if they wanted to really wrap it up.

Comment

Spoiler:
        Last edited by Vector; 03-17-2009, 03:02 AM.

Comment

If there is top be a RE 6, it would have to contiue some part of the RE storyline. 4 was actually more of a side story but it became more important now that 5 is out. I really think they only big mystery is Ada and who she is working for. I guess there will be more companies and many BSAA agents introduced.

Comment

Originally posted by Stars_g36 View Post
            did you really have to freaking say that...OMG...wrap some spoiler tags on that shit....
            Why complain if you wont edit out the spoiler in your quote?

At any rate...It will be a hard act to follow RE5 and everything that happens. If Ada is indeed the star of 6 then yeah...I'll be interested. But if they make up a completely new plot and add all new characters while completely disregarding familiar faces...I probably wont be too enthusastic about it.
            sigpic
            Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Maybe new characters for the next game but eventually I want the well known characters to return and we need to see a closure to the Leon/Ada story.
              sigpic

Comment

Gameplay reboot?, yes.
                Story and characters reboot?, hell no.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie View Post
                  Gameplay reboot?, yes.
                  I agree just as long it doesn't become a FPS
                  Last edited by ValentineKnight; 03-17-2009, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie View Post
                    Gameplay reboot?, yes.
                    Same here man, same here...
                    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Well, RE was first going to be an FPS.

We can only pray ideas don't come full-circle. D:

Comment

Spoiler:

That being said though, I hope that the series 'reboot' as it were is to go back to the genre that it helped create and go back to the scares and horror and WTF moments that made the RE franchise what it was, and NOT turn totally into a generic gun blaze fest that requires little to no thought process for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:

And by the way, they've all been dead for over 100 years!

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Spencer View Post
                            And by the way, they've all been dead for over 100 years!
                            What the hell...
                            Last edited by Vector; 03-17-2009, 08:20 PM.

Comment

this saddens me greatly, i really hope they keep the original cast. we really do not need new characters.

Comment

Tell that to Sheva.

Although Sheva was actually likeable. Not as much as Jill or Claire, but I still enjoyed playing as her. Maybe I'm just enthralled by her Skullcrusher abilities. XD
                                Last edited by Canas Renvall; 03-18-2009, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X