Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doom book 1 on RE: Deadly Silence

Hi,

I've read that in order to achieve the doom book 1 you must defeat Yawn in the guardhouse with the knife on rebirth mode. I've been trying to, but each time I get killed mercilessly. Any recommendations on how to kill the bitch?

Always watch him. It's been a while since I've played, but I think he kinda moves back or leans back or something before attacking. When he does this, get ready to do a quick stab. It's faster than slicing for a counterattack. When he lifts his head, stab instead of slice. Less damage, but it's faster (at least I think a stab does less than a slice).

Comment

Thanks, I finally killed it, it was driving me mad. I really hate this knifing thing on rebirth, it's useless and it's just a cheap and bad way of forcing you not to use the buttons.

Comment

I like it a lot, it just takes some getting used to.

Comment

The first person slash fests had Onimusha roots. You can perform flash hits/Issens (one hit kills) from that series (the director of DS was in charge of Onimusha 3 too).

You need to time your slash (any direction) to counter an attack. While zombies are instantly killed, Yawn is stunned, leaving him vulnerable to some free hits.

Comment

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
            The first person slash fests had Onimusha roots. You can perform flash hits/Issens (one hit kills) from that series (the director of DS was in charge of Onimusha 3 too).

You need to time your slash (any direction) to counter an attack. While zombies are instantly killed, Yawn is stunned, leaving him vulnerable to some free hits.
            Anything is instantly killed but the Yawn... unless the Hunters don't die. And Forest in the minigame. The final enemy of each area doesn't die in one hit I think...

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
              Anything is instantly killed but the Yawn... unless the Hunters don't die. And Forest in the minigame. The final enemy of each area doesn't die in one hit I think...
              Read through my post again, I did note that Yawn can't be killed instantly and yes, in the mini game, mini bosses can't be killed instantly either but the flash hit inflicts a lot of damage and you get bonus points.

Hunters definitely can be killed instantly in the main game and Master of Knifing as regular enemies (not the stage 2 mini boss).

Comment

Working...
              X