Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scrapped in-game battle at the crash site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrapped in-game battle at the crash site?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

1:22 shows Sheva shooting an enemy next to Mathison's downed chopper. Looks like this fight was scaled down into a QTE for some reason. A shame. : (

1:08 and 1:11 also show gameplay that didn't make it, namely on foot night time combat.

Yeah, you're right. Damn.

They really dropped the ball by not having any nighttime battles that didn't occur in a Humvee or on a ship. I respect the passage of time in the game that they adhered to, but the scenes you point out fall into the category of "that would have been nice."

Comment

Wow, they really could have added to the scary factor at least a little bit by having nighttime battles... Why did they take that out!? >

PS: Jill's boob your sig cracks me up.

Comment

Yeah, with all the emphasis they put into the effect of light "playing" on objects, I'd really have liked to have that nighttime battle take place after the Ndesu fight, as you scramble through a dark cityscape with only the moonlight illuminating your environment. I think that could have been intense.

Comment

wow i totally forget about that , it was the best looking stage i've seen in the trailers , yet they just decided to turn it into the lame el gaginta fight.

Comment

Well you won't know if it was good, even though it looks nice. Im sure there's a reason why they scrapped some of the parts, after all they are the professionals.

Comment

the on-foot night combat looked interesting, too bad it didn't make it ..

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                the on-foot night combat looked interesting, too bad it didn't make it ..
                Yea I agree, I liked the dim light in the background and the fog...nice effect.
                "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

..i just found another fault in RE5,this battle was not in it!

Comment

"Episodic Content" in the events of Stone and Jill's part of the game, telling you now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mesker View Post
                      Well you won't know if it was good, even though it looks nice. Im sure there's a reason why they scrapped some of the parts, after all they are the professionals.
                      "Guys, I know there's alot more work to do here but being able to say we have a Friday the 13th release date is just too cool. It's like cause we're a horror game and it's like a horror date, so that will blow peoples minds and stuff, so do whatever it takes to make that date nomather what petty little level you'd thought you would work extra on!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mesker View Post
                        Not nessecerily. Look at, as an example close to my heart, Fallout 2. The game was full of glitches and bugs and they cut some big, big chunks out of the game to get it out the door on time...because Interplay announced, 'Get it out the door by here or we, as a company, shall cease to exist from lack of funds.'

Sometimes the big man upstairs will announce a date that isn't reasonable and they'll have to cut stuff to get it out on time. Or sometimes they wanna add it into something you buy at a later date. What with DLC being the big thing at the moment and a great way to stretch a game even futher. I'm pretty pissed off about Fallout 3, for example, where apparently the ending to the game? Not the ending. Not at all the fucking ending. Nooo, to get the actual ending you're gonna have to fork over more cash. And buy the 360 version since we aren't doing it on the PS3.

Asses.

Comment

What a shame... still a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                            Not nessecerily. Look at, as an example close to my heart, Fallout 2. The game was full of glitches and bugs and they cut some big, big chunks out of the game to get it out the door on time...because Interplay announced, 'Get it out the door by here or we, as a company, shall cease to exist from lack of funds.'

Sometimes the big man upstairs will announce a date that isn't reasonable and they'll have to cut stuff to get it out on time. Or sometimes they wanna add it into something you buy at a later date. What with DLC being the big thing at the moment and a great way to stretch a game even futher. I'm pretty pissed off about Fallout 3, for example, where apparently the ending to the game? Not the ending. Not at all the fucking ending. Nooo, to get the actual ending you're gonna have to fork over more cash. And buy the 360 version since we aren't doing it on the PS3.

Asses.
                            Well, then the reason is money.

Comment

The areas seen in that trailer weren't scrapped, they were just used to mislead players and to conceal the events of the game. It also shows the town Majini and Adjule's in the ruins and the Kipepeo in the Progenitor garden.
                              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Working...
                              X