Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You're "favorites" of Resident Evil 5? Weapons, bosses, areas, etc... SPOILERS, duh.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're "favorites" of Resident Evil 5? Weapons, bosses, areas, etc... SPOILERS, duh.

My Favorites:

Weapon: The SIG P226. Such a beastly handgun. I fall back on it constantly and it never disappoints. The S75 and Dragunov are close contestants though.

Melee Attack: Jill's Double Knee Drop. Guaranteed kill, just looks and feels so satisfying and badass. It strikes a perfect balance between being an attractive and acrobatic move, while still being brutal and lethal.

Boss: Probably Wesker in the Hangar. The interesting dynamic of using the RPGs is way cool, and the combos you can perform on him (Sheva's Heel Drop especially) are so badass, along with the dodge and counterattack QTE prompts. I also love the way the fight ends, which one player restraining Wesker while the other injects him. Still loved the two-on-two though, as well as Uroboros Excella.

Area: Probably Chapter 3-1 where you travel via fan boat to all the different locations assembling the slate pieces. The croc section was particular win, and I loved it fighting the agile and clawed tribal majini as well. I loved Chapter 5-1 as well though.

Mercs Character: BSAA Jill Valentine. Badass appearance, wicked moves (those kicks are so beastly!) and a load out that favors easy Head Grabs and Knee Drops as instant kills and time bonuses, plus a nifty first aid spray as well. Plus I just love Jill in more genuine military garbs, and it's the closest thing to her S.T.A.R.S. outfit sadly. : (
    Last edited by LVL100 Merchant; 03-25-2009, 07:26 AM.

^Seriously? The "double knee drop?" That move takes way too long and eats up precious time in Mercs.

WEAPON: The H&K PSG-1. There's nothing as satisfying as making heads go boom from a distance.

MELEE ATTACK: Chris's "Backhand" or "Haymaker." Making heads go boom inside personal space.

BOSS: Two-on-Two. It's intense.

AREA: Too many to choose from. Public Assembly as you fight off the angry mob, or anything from Chapters 5 & 6.

MERCS CHARACTER: S.T.A.R.S. Wesker is a beast. From disintegrating dudes with the Hydra, to picking off majini with the Magnum or the Samurai Edge. Not to mention his melee attacks and special abilities.

Comment

Weapon: Hydra. Where else can you see a triple barreled shotgun? Srsly, I don't think one has been ever made...someone out there's gunna proove me wrong lol.

Melee: Tiger Uppercut.......Sagat easter egg!!!!

Boss: 2v2 boss fight

Area: Underground lab, it made me feel right in a RE game from that point on

Merc's char: Either Wesker STARS or Sheva Tribal. I'm seriously good with the longbow. I am trying to get better with Chris BSAA but it sucks just having 2 underpowered weapons...

Comment

Weapon: Hyrda triple barrel shotgun. So badass.

Melee: Chris Haymaker

Boss: 2 vs 2. Anybody beat the shit out of Wesker? First time I did it, I giggled.

Merc's character: S.T.A.R.S Wesker

Comment

weapon : M3 (helped me through the first time, really powerful when upgraded)

meelee : Falcon punch of course.

boss : 7 minute fight

mercs : Tribal sheva.

Comment

Weapon: M37/Longbow
            Melee: Wesker's 'Cobra Strike'/Wesker's 'Windfall'
            Boss: Any Wesker battle.
            Mercs character: Midnight Wesker/STARS Chris

Comment

Weapon well it would have to be Sheva's Longbow, i just love Bow and Arrows. also i still haven't used half the weapons in the game so this may change.

Melee Jill's Melee moves are all my favorites, but the one where Jill goes up behind a majini, jumps on him and snaps his neck with her legs made m jaw drop the first time i did it. it's so fan service though, but i can't help but love it.

Boss Jill again, everything about that boss fight is epic, and my eyes get slightly teary.

Mercs Character what a Surprise, Jill Valentine. but i cant pick my favorite version yet, i like her BSAA outfit a lot more, but battle suit Jill is more powerful and well, i can't help but perv on her sometimes.

Comment

Weapon: M3 Shotgun. I also love all the Machine Guns, but I don't really have a preference on which particular one.

Melee: Sheva's throat slit. It's... intense.

Boss Fight: 7-minute Wesker and Jill "battle" and the following solo Jill battle. Both are really great.

Area: Oh, god, definitely the Umbrella labs. Everything about the environment is great, and plus, that's where we first encounter Lickers. I just loved the labs so much.

Mercenaries Character: I enjoy BSAA Jill a lot, but my favorite has to be Midnight Wesker. Tribal Sheva is great, too.

Comment

^Yeah, I am gonna have to say the first encounter with the Lickers...plus the U-8 boss fight (I think that is Level 5-1) is just awesome. The atmosphere in the Labs, with the blood, and torn up walls, is great. Plus the trepidation you feel in the presence of the Lickers.

And the elevator room, where you fight U-8 is a magnificent looking backdrop. It helps that I think U-8 just looks so menacing. I suppose many people think "It's just a big crab," but when you actually think about that...it kicks ass.
                  Last edited by Jill's Boob; 03-25-2009, 12:42 AM.

Comment

oh i forgot Area.

my favorite area and favorite part of the game. would be a tie between that tiny little bit before you get to the village and your walking through a creek, it was atmospheric which i liked. and the part with the Lickers where one has to push a box while the other one shoots the Lickers, that part is epic in all ways, best part of the game i think.

Comment

Weapon: Grenade Launcher. I have to say I was most satisfied by this baby's triumphant return. Not to mention they brought back the freeze rounds, which left my mouth agape with joy when I tested one on a majini

Melee: Wesker's cobra strike. Much more fun to watch than the thrust punch. I like!

Boss fight: Uroboros 1 and 2. Kinda weird that an element carried over from RE0 could win me over so easily. I thought this version of the leech-man had the coolest behavior.

Area: Anywhere with lickers. Though they're not as menacing as the ones in RE2, fighting off an advancing horde was both tense and exciting, in both instances.

Mercs Character: Either STARS Chris or Clubbin' Sheva. Gotta love that jailbreaker.

Comment

Weapon: I became a big fan of picking people off with the PSG-1 Rifle. But Hydra is a close 2nd.

Melee: Chris's backhand

Bossfight: Storywise I enjoyed the fight where you try to remove the device off of Jill. Gameplay wise it was probably the 2nd Uroboros fight.

Area: Caves were fun but I enjoyed the entire Chapter 5 area.

Mercs: Don't know, I suck at Mercs and gave up when I couldnt get past a B rank on PA.

Comment

Weapon: Hydra, reminds me of my favorite RE weapon, the lever-action shotgun from RE3/Longbow

Melee: Wesker's "Cobra Strike"

Bossfight: All Wesker fights

Area: Underground Garden/Monarch Room/Hangar

Mercs: Wesker: Midnight,S.T.A.R.S/Chris: S.T.A.R.S.
                          Chris is my favorite character and the original RE is my favorite game so it only makes since to play as chris with his stars outfit. However, Wesker comes in at a close second so I also like to play as him. I enjoy his brutal melee attacks as well as his super speed.
                          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                          Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Weapon: would have to say Grenade Launcher, it was my mainstay in the first playthrough. I just lovd using those acid and nitrogen rounds, saved me big time on lickers. The hydra is a close second

melee: The coolest looking one for me is the Tiger uppercut, but my overall favourite is Jills head grab.

bossfight: Wesker hangar battle, closely followed by the 2 on 2

Area: Underground garden, and the licker arae of the Virus house.

Mercs: Hands down Wesker midnight, although i use jill battlesuit alot

Enemy: Lickers, awesome looking, cool attacks, pain in the ass, best enemy by far.

Comment

Does anyone think jaguar kick and tiger uppercut are references to Adon and Sagat respectively, from Street Fighter? There's probably more moves that I forgot.

Comment

Working...
                              X