Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'We last met at the Spencer Estate'

Er, really?

I don't know if the line is explained in the game or anything, but surely they last met in Antarctica? I didn't really think about it until someone brought it up on a different forum whilst trashing CV:X (he used it as evidence that it's been wiped from the REverse canonicity.)

So can anyone clear this up for me or is it explained in the game? Or is Wesker just going senile?

Originally posted by BadWolfX View Post
    Er, really?

I don't know if the line is explained in the game or anything, but surely they last met in Antarctica? I didn't really think about it until someone brought it up on a different forum whilst trashing CV:X (he used it as evidence that it's been wiped from the REverse canonicity.)

So can anyone clear this up for me or is it explained in the game? Or is Wesker just going senile?
    The flashback from 2006 also took place at a 'Spencer Estate.' While it wasn't THE Spencer Estate, from 1998(I'm sure Wesker had that in mind, just making the comment to remind Chris, in case he had somehow forgotten that he had killed a bunch of his friends), it was still Spencer's Estate.
    Last edited by Vector; 03-26-2009, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Ah, right, that makes sense. Thanks.

Comment

Ooooooh... I get it.
        That had really bothered me until now actually.

Comment

In the movies the RE1 mansion is called Spencer Estate. The official name is Arkaly Mansion, but fans tend to call it the Spencer Mansion, thus why many people was (and seemingly some still are) confused by that line.

Comment

damn people are slow XD jesus ! lol

Comment

Yeah uh. "Spencer Estate" was a fan-given name for the mansion in 1 that really stuck. And I guess with the movies people ... assumed it was canon in the game, but I never really regarded the movies as having any actual connection to games' canon. Since obvs if they took the name they didn't do much research as to whether or not it was really called that in the games.

It made sense when you saw Spencer's actual estate in the game. A lot of people were confused when that trailer aired. Though lol at all the OMFG CV ISN'T CANON ANYMORE!!!!1

Comment

I honestly don't ever remember anyone referring to the mansion in RE1 as the "Spencer Estate." I thought everyone always called it the "Spencer MANSION." Granted, I think Capcom should've named Spencer's little habitat in RE5 something more clever than "Spencer Estate, duuuuur," but whatever.

Estates are bigger than mansions, therefore Spencer must've had one kick-ass home. I only wish we had a game where we actually could've played through it.

Comment

I always referred to the mansion in RE1/REmake as the "Arklay mansion" or something along those lines. Spencer did spend time there, but I don't think it was actually a home for him. He had an office, but would you build yourself a residence on top of a secret virus research facility?

I'm more surprised that Chris didn't mention Russia as opposed to Rockfort Island, since Wesker had a chance meeting with both Chris AND Jill in 2003, just before they attacked the Caucasus facility.
                  Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 03-26-2009, 04:08 AM.
                  See you in hell.

Comment

That spencer state reminds me of the castle form resident evil 3.5...
                    That also has to do something with progenitor virus...

Comment

I am pretty sur4e that he is referring to the place where Jill "died", where Chris and Jill were because they has heard that Spencer was rumored to be there, and they were hoping that they might find Wesker.

Comment

And they did, and got beaten one more time...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                          I'm more surprised that Chris didn't mention Russia as opposed to Rockfort Island, since Wesker had a chance meeting with both Chris AND Jill in 2003, just before they attacked the Caucasus facility.
                          Maybe they thought that referencing to a comic book that was released only in Japan wasn't a good idea.
                          Also, was that comic even canon? Neither Jill nor Chris mentioned about Wesker during this whole Russia mission in Umbrella Chronicles, or at least I don't remember them doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                            Maybe they thought that referencing to a comic book that was released only in Japan wasn't a good idea.
                            Also, was that comic even canon? Neither Jill nor Chris mentioned about Wesker during this whole Russia mission in Umbrella Chronicles, or at least I don't remember them doing that.
                            They should make an oldschool style RE game that takes place during the "new" events in Umbrella Chronicles. The first part of the game could be that village in the UC manga, then they could have some kind of intermediate area and the final "facility" could be the last place in the game.

It just seems so "unofficial" to make that part of the story canon without giving it its own game.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOvermind001 View Post
                              It just seems so "unofficial" to make that part of the story canon without giving it its own game.
                              Kinda like the whole flashback scene in RE5, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X