Enemies routed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enemies routed?

I've been playing RE5 on PS3. I just realised that the end-of-chapter statistic is for 'Enemies routed', rather then say, killed.

I'm playing the Australian version of the game, on PS3. Do other versions say 'Enemies routed' too?
    sigpic

yes america too

Comment

Yep yep, US version says 'routed' as well.

Comment

I've been wondering just what the sweet Christ that means.

Comment

How many enemies you defeated.

Comment

Originally posted by Stars1356 View Post
            How many enemies you defeated.
            Yes, obviously. But why does "enemies routed" mean "enemies killed" I've never even heard the term "routed" used in that way before.

Comment

I guess it's so Capcom can say all those decapated black people weren't killed, they were just hurt and teleported away in a fashion that made them look like they were melting. Then everyone went to lazer tag game afterwards.

Comment

Routed STRAIGHT TO HELL.
                Last edited by REmaster; 03-31-2009, 02:59 AM.
                "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                  I guess it's so Capcom can say all those decapated black people weren't killed, they were just hurt and teleported away in a fashion that made them look like they were melting. Then everyone went to lazer tag game afterwards.
                  lol! Capcom really did puss out on a lot of aspects of RE5, though.

Comment

ROFL
                    Capcom pussed on so many things, and there is just a small example
                    lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
                      ROFL
                      Capcom pussed on so many things, and there is just a small example
                      lol
                      I was so pissed when I found out that they censored the chainsaw decapitation. Just think of how gruesome the executioner's kill's could have been if they wouldn't have skimped on those too
                      When I pay 60 bucks(in this case 100) for a mature game, I want some damn blood. They can put a fucking vagina in the game but not a severed head
                      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                        I was so pissed when I found out that they censored the chainsaw decapitation. Just think of how gruesome the executioner's kill's could have been if they wouldn't have skimped on those too
                        When I pay 60 bucks(in this case 100) for a mature game, I want some damn blood. They can put a fucking vagina in the game but not a severed head
                        exactly, something about the japanese, its fine to have a vagina in the game, heck, a raunchy orgy would be fine im sure, but one head decap and at Capcom HQ heads would roll

Ya, again, would have added to the atmosphere, so much this game could have had, but didnt, or scrapped oddly

Comment

Routed means "to defeat overwhelmingly" apparently.

Edit - Ironically given RE5, one of the meanings of the word Rout is "a disorderly crowd of people."
                          Last edited by Rombie; 03-31-2009, 04:15 AM.

Comment

so you brought them to order by killing them.

nice.

Comment

This furthers my own theory that RE5 is pretty much a riot simulator designed to train future recruits in the police force, which also explains why a good number of the enemies you face are black. Everything you saw about bioweapons, Wesker's plan, etc, all of that was nothing more than an irrelevant 'story' with no bearing on anything. They could have modelled it after a rescue operation on a boat, but the powers that be decided on a "viral outbreak" scenario.
                              See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                              X