Best Resident Evil couple.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Resident Evil couple.

This thread is for who you guys think fit best as a couple in RE. Whether it be Chris/Jill,Billy/Rebecca, or Alfred/Alexia...

I personally like Billy and Rebecca the most, even though there is a huge age gap between them.

Chris and Jill are my second favorite couple. Its just so obvious that they love each other, and they always work so well together!

So who do you guys like best together?
    Last edited by TheMedic; 04-11-2009, 07:18 PM.

I think, other than Chris and Jill, that RE couples are idiotic. They are the only characters that had time to build a relationship outside the games they were in. Its moronic to say that people found everlasting love in hellish situations while knowing a person for a few hours. But even with Chris and Jill...I think most of it is silly fangirl tripe.
    Last edited by Bertha; 04-11-2009, 07:29 PM.
    sigpic
    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

It's all fanboy/fangirl wet dreams. The only couples that have shown anything more than concern for each other were Leon and Ada in RE2(in one of the worst moments in Resident Evil history), and Claire and Steve in C:V(in another terrible moment). I believe love can bloom on a battlefield(thanks, Otacon) but not in a span of 6-8 hours when you're spending more time running from zombies than 'bonding' with someone else.

Comment

I didn't even think there *was* a Chris/Jill thing going before RE5 (especially after RE2/3)... Hell even post-RE5 I don't really think too much of it...
        Last edited by JcFFx; 04-11-2009, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Wow... Sounds like alot of people don't like me on here. If you don't like any of my threads than don't post on them. I'm not bothering you by posting these by the way...

Anyway I wonder if any of the characters from RE will ever actually have a romance? I'd like to see it happen in future RE games.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMedic View Post
            Wow... Sounds like alot of people don't like me on here. If you don't like any of my threads than don't post on them. I'm not bothering you by posting these by the way...
            What the hell are you talking about? You asked for opinions...just because you aren't getting what you want to hear doesn't mean someone dislikes you. It's a free forum...people are free to post where they want. Get over it.
            sigpic
            Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Okay, well I'm not gonna start any fights on here, because I mean its pretty stupid IMO.

State your opinions, thats fine, just don't be mean about it.

Comment

alfred+alexia=WTF

Comment

Originally posted by TyrackT71 View Post
                  alfred+alexia=WTF
                  hahaha probably the best couple in RE yet! You know it!

Comment

I don't think the series ever has official "couples" but there are certainly some instances of people showing affection for each other. I believe Jill and Chris share a hug somewhere in the remake, and George and Cindy seem to be pretty tight in Outbreak. Leon does have that little thing for Ada, and she does say she loves him in Leon Scenario B. Steve says he loves Claire, and Fong Ling and Bruce from Dead Aim have something going on.

I'd say should there actually ever be a true couple; Capcom would be likely to make it Jill and Chris, simply because it seems most likely. There is the fact that they have known each other from before the whole zombie thing came up and worked together for a long time. They’ve rescued each other and from RE5, we definitely know that they are willing to die for each other. That looks like deep affection (if not love) to me.

However, because Capcom seems to prefer to remain rather neutral on this subject, I don't really think we're going to be getting many smoochies any time soon. I don’t mind personally, though I'd welcome it if it were for the purpose of further developing the characters, because the level of character development in games is a key part of how much I enjoy them.

Comment

Originally posted by WeskerSexyCheez View Post
                      However, because Capcom seems to prefer to remain rather neutral on this subject, I don't really think we're going to be getting many smoochies any time soon. I don’t mind personally, though I'd welcome it if it were for the purpose of further developing the characters, because the level of character development in games is a key part of how much I enjoy them.
                      That's just the thing...half of these "romantic moments" are tossed in as an attempt at character development. Take Ada. She's supposed to be a top grade spy. Spies are trained to be emotionally detached. For the better half of the game Ada uses Leon for the sake of her mission. Then, all of a sudden, she's professing love for him. I remember playing this game years ago and I thought it was stupid. Girls are supposed to love relationships, but even then I found it to be moronic. Capcom has even stated that Leon has a weakness for the opposite sex and enjoys being a ladies' man, and that Ada uses men for gain. When people say they are a "destined couple" they obviously are living in a fantasy world.
                      sigpic
                      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Pffft, no. Leon and Ada would probably have a sexual relationship at best. Maybe they're both just really stupid and think they're in love... Like a pair of thirteen year old kids. XD

Comment

No....the pair of thirteen year olds would be Claire and Steve...well Steve at least. Half the game he's a whiny git, but decides he wants to try and be a knight for Claire. While she seemed genuinely distraught when he was killed, I don't think there was anything loving there. I wish people wouldn't try to link every small action between people as romantic.
                          sigpic
                          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I think Steve became standable when he got over his distrust of people, and though I don't believe he was seriously in love with Claire at the time, maybe something could have developed had it not been for the DEATHAGE. But you're right, I'm a firm believer in love taking a while to develop, so I can't exactly see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                              I wish people wouldn't try to link every small action between people as romantic.
                              Q F T.

Anyway, don't get me started on Ada/Leon and Claire/Steve. Terrible. Jokes. I have a hard time not bursting into laughter every time I play C:V and I hear Claire CRYING when Steve dies. Are you kidding me? She was irritated with him for most of the game and then all of a sudden she's terribly distraught when he dies...not even bringing into account his confession of love for her. What a crock.

And Leon and Ada...lol. No, just no.

Comment

Working...
                              X