No announcement yet.

umbrella logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

see the one with the swords thats the SHAPE of the original and i know the swords were used on the mercs from nemesis

Comment

original

see the difference
      Last edited by umbrella corpse; 04-16-2009, 07:42 PM.

Comment

i think that kinda of logo is the one that the RE movies made. i havnt seen that kind untill i seen the movie.

Comment

ok am i the only person here who actually plays these games?
          the best refrence i can give you guys is to watch the opening movie of nemesis when you see the mercs back patches you will notice that the umbrella logo clearly has the stop sign shape also in the second game whem someone steps on the soda can with the umbrella logo on it is is clearly stop sign shaped..

Comment

I thought the first ONE was the concave one, as I think this was from one of the first games: Umbrella Bio-Organic Weapon Official Report.
            Which is the logo which you actually see in the games in contrast to the one seen in the movies which is here in the first movie, upon entering The Hive.

And the one in RE3: Nemesis is the U.B.C.S. variant. Not a true Umbrella logo, but that's because it was apparently derived from a Civil War style-shield.

Aside from that, games made AFTER the first Resident Evil movie (which does not deserve the title, although the best one out of THOSE movies) still retain the concave logo, which you can see in Outbreak: File #2 - End of the Road level that the logo is still the same and this follows through to the Umbrella Chronicles, Resident Evil 5... I also believe the logo is still the same on the cameo/reference boxes in Dino Crisis which was released in 1999, whereas the first Resident Evil movie was released in 2002. If my memory is correct, then the logo hasn't really changed aside from some portions of the logo now being slightly more concave than what they were in the past.
            Last edited by Enetirnel; 04-16-2009, 10:16 PM.
            sigpic
            Non-blurry Signature Version
            Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
              I thought the first ONE was the concave one, as I think this was from one of the first games: Umbrella Bio-Organic Weapon Official Report.
              Which is the logo which you actually see in the games in contrast to the one seen in the movies which is here in the first movie, upon entering The Hive.

And the one in RE3: Nemesis is the U.B.C.S. variant. Not a true Umbrella logo, but that's because it was apparently derived from a Civil War style-shield.

Aside from that, games made AFTER the first Resident Evil movie (which does not deserve the title, although the best one out of THOSE movies) still retain the concave logo, which you can see in Outbreak: File #2 - End of the Road level that the logo is still the same and this follows through to the Umbrella Chronicles, Resident Evil 5... I also believe the logo is still the same on the cameo/reference boxes in Dino Crisis which was released in 1999, whereas the first Resident Evil movie was released in 2002. If my memory is correct, then the logo hasn't really changed aside from some portions of the logo now being slightly more concave than what they were in the past.
              thank god i finally got the answer i was looking for see the reason i am getting so picky is that i am about to tattoo the umbrella logo on my self and i want to make sure i have the real one because i hate those fucking movies as well as what became of r.e as of 4 and 5 ...i happen to like zombies and puzzles.

Comment

Originally posted by umbrella corpse View Post
                thank god i finally got the answer i was looking for see the reason i am getting so picky is that i am about to tattoo the umbrella logo on my self and i want to make sure i have the real one because i hate those fucking movies as well as what became of r.e as of 4 and 5 ...i happen to like zombies and puzzles.
                I think everyone else had given your answer, either way those are the differences between the Umbrella Chemical Inc. / Umbrella Corporation logos.
                I personally wish it hadn't changed in the films, even though it does appear to be more natural looking... it catches the eye more with the original version and the updated concave and/or additional marbled appearence.
                sigpic
                Non-blurry Signature Version
                Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Who cares? It's not important at all, and all I can even tell is a slightly more concave symbol for the "newer" Umbrella logo.

Comment

Originally posted by umbrella corpse View Post
                    ok am i the only person here who actually plays these games?
                    the best refrence i can give you guys is to watch the opening movie of nemesis when you see the mercs back patches you will notice that the umbrella logo clearly has the stop sign shape also in the second game whem someone steps on the soda can with the umbrella logo on it is is clearly stop sign shaped..
                    Yeah It looks a lot like a stop sign. Hmmm here is a funny one.

Comment

Originally posted by Corrin View Post
                      Who cares? It's not important at all, and all I can even tell is a slightly more concave symbol for the "newer" Umbrella logo.
                      well as a person who is obsessed with this game enough to tattoo myself in its image i want the official capcom umbrella logo and was just curious to see if anybody actually knew why and when the actuakk change was made ok? thanks.

Comment

Calm down.

Personally, the newer concave logo looks a lot better than the stop sign. If you want a tattoo, go with the concave logo.

Comment

I think the original one looks better but I they both look fine. Just use whatever one you like better. Most people probably won't even know what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Stars1356 View Post
                            I think the original one looks better but I they both look fine. Just use whatever one you like better. Most people probably won't even know what it is.

your def right lol sorry i got hot guys but this game is like my obsession i need to know everything i can about it and it time line also this stems into my love and facination for zombies so its like a double whammy! lol
                            but when i finish the tattoo i will post picks also i wil be getting the cover of the r.e remake for game cube on my leg as well to me that image just screams r.e if anybody has a better idea that screams r.e let me know!

Comment

Tatoo your avatar. The first zombie you get to see on Resident Evil. It's an iconic image of the series.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

are we seriously arguing about a logo?

person1. GET THE CONCAVE ONE!
                                person2. NO HES RETARDED GET THE STOP SIGN SHAPE KIND!
                                person1. NO YOUR WRONG! THE CONCAVE ONE IS SEXIER! YOU DONT EVEN KNOW YOUR ALIVE!
                                person2. NOOO! THE STOP SIGN SHAPE KIND IS WHAT ATTRACTS THE LADIES NOW AND DAYS!

( this post isnt directed at anyone im just saying its a little dumb to argue about a logo )

lol i just relized that person1 says " NO YOUR WRONG!" lol
                                Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 04-17-2009, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X