Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sakura Con 2009 Resident Evil Cosplay inside, including myself as The Merchant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sakura Con 2009 Resident Evil Cosplay inside, including myself as The Merchant.

Remember that topic from over a month ago where I said I would post pictures of myself as the RE4 Merchant at my GameStop's midnight launch? Well, I did indeed go to the midnight launch as said Merchant, however my costume wasn't entirely complete then and I didn't want to post pics of an incomplete costume. I mean, after the weekend I realize there is still room for improvement, but the outfit, I think, was pretty good and much better than how it was in March. Here's my costume when in separate pieces:

Just to give some insight on how big of an ass this thing is to put on, the purple balaclava/bandanna was three separate pieces.

This is my coat in a balled up mess.

My rucksack. I actually stored left over pouches and dirty clothes in it when I put it on to make it look more "full."

Costume while Worn:

Should have been hunched over more; really could have improved upon my pose in a couple of key ways. Also, I need to find someway from keeping that damn belt from falling.

In all I must have been trucking about 30 or 40 pounds with that thing on, which isn't much at first but after 2 hours or so you start to feel it. Even worse was how many thick layers I was wearing, on top of my nearly my entire head being tightly wrapped in fabric plus the hood. It got hot. I couldn't wear it for more than 2 or 3 hours at a time, and I'd have to shower whenever I took it off to change.

Anyhow, here's some Resident Evil cosplay I snapped while I was there:

Ada Wong

Jill Valentine

Another RE1 style Jill

RE1 Jill with RE5 Chris Redfield

RE3 Jill Valentine posing with Mitsuru Kirijo from Persona 3

The other Merchant, using a despicable studded/spiked jacket. I can describe his outfit as "cute" at best. It's obvious he didn't try too hard to make it accurate and just used stuff he already had, and the fact that he owns such clothing already terrifies me. Plus I ran into him quite a lot wearing that outfit, so he probably wore it for perhaps the whole weekend, and let's face it, if you can afford to wear your Merchant outfit that often without dying of heatstroke and suffocation, you're aren't doing it right.

Not Resident Evil, but still Capcom:

Lady from Devil May Cry 4

The Amazing Mr. Hat from Apollo Justice

Cammy and Ryu (?) from Street Fighter

Not Resident Evil OR Capcom, but still awesome:

Smoking hot Heather

Last edited by LVL100 Merchant; 04-17-2009, 04:56 PM.

Good pics. Where the heck did Lady get that huge rocket launcher from?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
      Good pics. Where the heck did Lady get that huge rocket launcher from?
      She might have made it. Cosplaying: Serious business. I don't think I'd ever have the patience or talent for cosplay...I can't sew at all.
      sigpic
      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

What Rosetta said. I'm glad the Merchant's outfit is sort of meant to look raggedy cause otherwise I'd be SOL.
        Last edited by LVL100 Merchant; 04-15-2009, 01:13 PM.

Comment

I like the Ada wong one and the simple inclusion of some Persona there was pretty cool.

Also, being curious about the Kalina Ann as well, do you know how they made that thing?

Comment

damn so many bad haha lol

Comment

Mitsuru senpai !

Comment

Originally posted by LVL100 Merchant View Post
                Maybe Akuma.

Anyway great pics man.
                sigpic

Comment

Amazing pics.

I really want to cosplay Wesker Midnight right now

Comment

I think the only RE character I could pull of is enrico marini Dammit, I wanted to be Forest! Oh well...anyways kudos to all the people who are brave enough to dress up like these characters in public
                    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

the one chick playing Jill with Chris...man she looked hot.

Comment

ive been to a anime- con the sad part i see about its when people take cosplay TOO serious ive remember one time there a bunch's death note cosplay and this one girl who acting like "L" eating like him with him holding with 2 fingers which stupid , then one time i saw this dude dress up has Roxas from KH2 his hair was Grease UP it was jacked up lol , then saw this fat girl dressing as yuna from (ff12-2) NOT A GOOD SIGHT , ive wounder if these people who take cosplay so serious have no life , then you these people anime-con talking about anime like they know so much of it and some of the store in the dealers room where u can buy import stuff ITS way to pack up they do have some good stuff if yall going to any anime-con bring about $1000 or $500 and make sure u buy ur room have seen people sleep in the hall ways . another then when i come back ill talk about the adult showings is funny what im going to tell ya that lol.

Comment

Super awesome Pictures!! I wish I had something like that....

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                            I think the only RE character I could pull of is enrico marini Dammit, I wanted to be Forest! Oh well...anyways kudos to all the people who are brave enough to dress up like these characters in public
                            WAT! dont complain, the only RE character i can cosplay is Barry or Chris is he let him self go

Comment

go to my profile to see my r.e cosplay!!

Comment

Working...
                              X