Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Revelations (What Resident Evil 5 Should Have Been)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wesker Children feels a bit like the Big Boss' sons... I'm not saying it's exactly identical, but I should have been more clear about it. That and the Hammer of Dawn thingy.
    Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 04-19-2009, 11:44 PM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by zomBD View Post
      The Wesker Children feels a bit like the Big Boss' sons... I'm not saying it's exactly identical, but I should be more clear about it. That and the Hammer of Dawn thingy.
      There is no comparing 'The Wesker Children' to 'Les Enfants Terribles.' NO comparing whatsoever.

'The Wesker Children'
      This plan was called the Wesker Plan, which was named after the chief researcher at the time.

According to this plan, hundreds of children born of parents of superior intellect from all nationalities would be collected.

All the Wesker children would be administered an experimental virus.

This virus was administered to screen out the more gifted of the Wesker children.

and...

'Les Enfants Terribles'

...which in English means 'The Terrible Children,' was a project initiated by Zero and carried out by Dr. Clark that aimed to produce clones of the legendary solider, and founding member of The Patriots, Big Boss. Big Boss was sterilized by exposure to nuclear radiation (most likely caused during the nuclear testing at Bikini Atoll or by the explosions caused by the Davy Crocketts) and, as a result, natural reproduction was not possible.

Wesker Children = naturally born children with parental consent.
      Les Enfants Terribles = clones of one man.

There's really no comparison.

Comment

My bad... I was refering to it as this whole master plan to mass produce things, but looking at it closely there's truly no comparison. You got that info really quickly though

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

I think Resident Evil 5's story did a good job, no in fact, a bloody great one. The whole build up prior to its release (the viral information and the BSAA server) had many interesting areas on building up the foundation of the series' universe; BSAA, Bio-terrorism, the Global Pharmaceutical Consortium, and so fourth.

The story managed to continue the arc of the previous series, as well going into more depth of the whole las plagas anatomy, bridging what was a cluster fuck concept in 4, making it into a far more sinister and aggressive biological weapon. The game is rich in detail, with different layers of the game telling the story- cut scenes, the detail, the areas themselves, the passive dialogue, and the games in-game and special files. And this was more Chris and Wesker’s game, everyone else was secondary for bridging this purpose (such as Chris looking for Jill) and nothing more, and it gave a lot more insight on their relationship between each other, and giving Wesker, and Spencer, the best damn villain the series has created and gave him a satisfying end, even though he had a short amount of screen-time, a spectacular finish to their behalf for the old arc.

Could of the story been better? Yes, but I think considering the direction the series has gone since after 4, it’s more than satisfying to be a good Resident Evil game for this literati on of consoles.

Comment

Working...
          X