No announcement yet.

The Central "Rebecca Chambers" Discussion Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No means yes. You hate Rebecca means you love Rebecca. There are five options.
    Last edited by Becky's Butt; 04-26-2009, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
      Like it or not, Rebecca might not appear again. She wasn't even mentioned in the epilogues in RE3... it's been a long time since we heard about her. And yes, Mikami said they wanted to show a stronger Rebecca in RE0, how would you explain all fighting she faced with all those creatures? Rebecca is not a hero... and never will. Capcom tried but they failed. Also, like ChrisRedfield said above, there's no logical reason of having her in another game... what would they say? She got some training and got basass?
      I don't think she was featured in some of the "lost images" either. I have one that shows Jill, Chris, Barry, and Brad arguing with Irons, but Rebecca is not present. Because it was a discarded image from Capcom, I don't think it means too much...but yeah...I don't recall Jill mentioning anything about Rebecca in RE3 either. Only Chris and Barry are mentioned in her diary.

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post

Why not? Look at Leon In RE4. I think this poll is silly considering there's actually no option in it at all, and considering most people have actually posted she shouldn't be the main in RE6.
      Leon also survived an entire city full of zombies as opposed to a mansion. Not saying that really justifies things at all. However, I think seeing Rebecca get a makeover similar to Leon would ruin her. And look at the reason why Rebecca was recruited into STARS in the first place...it was because she was a brilliant biochemist. Unlike her teammates, she had no field experience in battle at all. She survived her ordeal mainly because of others. Again that's not saying over time she couldn't have learned to, but I still think Rebecca is better suited as a support character.
      sigpic
      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by Nikkolas View Post
        No means yes. You hate Rebecca means you love Rebecca. There are five options.
        But that means if you love Rebecca you actually hate her, starting a doom cycle that will end in a fiery bang of brain.

She never struck me as a frontline type, even less than Claire. I suspect if we ever see her again it will be over the Codec like Hunnigan, telling someone how to mix chemicals so that it kills the giant Progeplagas infected chicken taking out downtown Tokyo.

Comment

I still think it's time to have a baddie as the main character it gives them a better angle to tell back stories imo rather than the hero's discovering research files all the time.
          If Wesker hadn't found Spencer I doubt we'd of ever found out that he's a experiment.
          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

I think the only reason Rebecca was in RE 0 is because she is the only member of the Bravo team to survive. I guess the producers didn't want players playing a character that they new would die. It would have been nice if she interacted with the other Bravo Team members like she did with Richard in UC. Honesty I think she should have died in Raccoon city with Brad.

Comment

Originally posted by Stars1356 View Post
              I think the only reason Rebecca was in RE 0 is because she is the only member of the Bravo team to survive. I guess the producers didn't want players playing a character that they new would die. It would have been nice if she interacted with the other Bravo Team members like she did with Richard in UC. Honesty I think she should have died in Raccoon city with Brad.
              She and richard should have been together in RE0, or at least for some of RE0.

And no Rebecca should Never die. ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                I don't think she was featured in some of the "lost images" either. I have one that shows Jill, Chris, Barry, and Brad arguing with Irons, but Rebecca is not present. Because it was a discarded image from Capcom, I don't think it means too much...but yeah...I don't recall Jill mentioning anything about Rebecca in RE3 either. Only Chris and Barry are mentioned in her diary.
                Yep. The only time she's ever mentioned after the events of zero and RE1 is the photo you find in Wesker's desk. She might as well be considered just as blacklisted as Barry, considering both their ties to the series have been pretty much cut. Also, considering the orginal story line is now finished with RE1 characters, and DSC will most likely wrap up the Leon/Ada/Claire/Sherry storyline, it doesn't really matter anyways. RE6 will probably star someone called Jack...Bauer. Unless you can somehow shoot Wesker's desk 50 times in DSC, revealing an updated photo of Rebecca, I don't see much of a future for her character.
                Last edited by REmaster; 04-28-2009, 12:11 PM.
                "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                  Yep. The only time she's ever mentioned after the events of zero and RE1 is the photo you find in Wesker's desk.
                  No, there was also Rebecca's report about Billy in EX Files and if my memory serves me, Irons mentioned her in his mail to Birkin.

Unless you can somehow shoot Wesker's desk 50 times in DSC, revealing an updated photo of Rebecca, I don't see much of a future for her character.
                  That would be... a nice easter egg ;).

Comment

Oh yea I forgot about that Ex-files crap. Obviously just a file to make zero and the mercenaries from RE3 fit in better, although I did enjoy Kendo's letter to Barry talking about how they should go "fishing" when everything's back to normal lol.
                    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

everytime i think of Kendo i always laugh a little cause his VA is so rediculous.

Comment

"FREEZE!" "Who are ya, what are ya doin here?" "Sorry about that Darlin"
                        "Don't worry, I'm keeping a close eye on things"...*window breaks* "Agh..Aggghhhhhh"
                        Seriously, why the hell would you own a gun shop that has an entire wall made of glass with no security bars or anything. That's just asking for a break in, by in this case zombies lol. It is hilarious though that no matter what Kendo says, it's laughable
                        I remember the first time playing RE2 I was like sweet! A gun store right off the bat! Then I thought, where's all the guns...all you've got is a couple of handgun bullets WTF? I guess it was nice of him to hand them out to everyone, even though it seems it didn't do any good. Talk about generous, he didn't even save any shotgun shells for himself lol. Speaking of funny characters, maybe I'd miss Rebecca more if she'd made me laugh once or twice like Barry.
                        Last edited by REmaster; 04-28-2009, 03:42 PM.

Comment

yha lol

well maybe he kept his shotgun shells in his pockets?

Comment

Maybe...I guess Leon or Claire were too scared shitless after seeing someone being eaten by zombies to search him properly

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                              Maybe...I guess Leon or Claire were too scared shitless after seeing someone being eaten by zombies to search him properly
                              that or cause they were to scared to reach down his pocket, except leon, i bet he liked to

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                                So did Chris, but we all know how that worked out. XD
                                lol so true

Comment

Working...
                                X