Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to host a Xbox system link coop game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to host a Xbox system link coop game?

I've never set up a system link on Xbox 360 before, and I'm having a hell of a time getting it to work now. I have 2 boxes linked with an ethernet cable, both running RE5, but I can't seem to get a coop game going. The system link is there, because if I disconnect one box it notifies the other, I just can't seem to get the game going.

Please tell me I'm just missing something insanely obvious. Any help is appreciated.

i wouldnt know since i dont have a 360.
    but shouldnt this be in the gaming in general topics?
    sorry.

Comment

Possibly, but I'm asking specifically about RE.

Comment

Try starting a one player game then pressing start on pad 2 when you gain control of ur character.
        "I've got 100 cows."
        "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

That works for one xbox. I'm talking about using 2 xboxes connected to 2 TVs.

Comment

Go check at Xbox.com then you should find what you are looking for. ;)

Comment

hope you don't red ring ;)

Comment

It already happened to me last week but I fixed it!! A little Thermal paste and its back to normal

Comment

Originally posted by hellrizer View Post
                  Go check at Xbox.com then you should find what you are looking for. ;)
                  Xbox.com only tells me how to hook up the boxes for a system link. The problem is not the system link, it's getting the game to find the sessions.

Originally posted by Daargoth View Post
                  hope you don't red ring ;)
                  I've been through that before.

Comment

Depending on the game, you may or may not have a stand alone System Link option under multiplayer.

When making a system link game, make sure you don't set the game to private or invite only, 'cause the other systems on the LAN have to be able to search for, find, and join the game.

On the other box, you should just be able to join it like you would join any other game (just that you go via System Link)

Also, if you have both boxes just connected directly to eachother with an ethernet cable (and no router/hub/whatever between them), make sure they're connected with a cross-over cable and not just a regular network cable. +You probably have to manually assign an IP to both consoles if this is the case too (make sure they're on the same range and such)

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                      Also, if you have both boxes just connected directly to each other with an ethernet cable, make sure they're connected with a cross-over cable and not just a regular network cable.
                      Probably the most important part, right there. If you don't have a cross-over cable, then you will need a hub/router to connect to in the middle of the two consoles to make sure the signals get sent the correct way.

Comment

I tried going through a router. Still no joy.

Comment

I recall Greg having issues with his 360's playing games at the same time when connected to the same router too, but that was for online games. I guess both of the 360's were trying to take the same IP address.

I haven't tried this myself yet, but I should be in a couple days when I finish moving. I'll report back and let you know what worked. For now though, try and pick up a crossover cable. Its really the easiest way to deal with this.

Speaking of this though, has anyone tried this with two PS3's? I don't recall seeing the option and I'm nervous it wont let me

Comment

I'll see if I can find one this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                            X