Master Plaga?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master Plaga?

I read again and again, that Ada in RE4 has a Master Plaga stolen from Saddler. I've never heard of a Master Plaga in the Game...

Whats the Source about that?

Where did you read this?

Comment

For Example here...

After retrieving a rocket launcher, she tossed it to Leon to assist him in destroying the leader of Los Illuminados, similar to their final encounter during the Raccoon City incident. Ada then held Leon at gunpoint following the battle and retrieved the Master Plaga sample form him.

or here.

Comment

It's mentioned in Ada's Report.

It's actually really called an "Alpha Plagas Sample" in the Japanese version.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Again this is another example of a RE game having to explain a part of there game after the fact and by doing so make it more confusing. The master plaga is what Irving used in 5 and what Saddler and company had. The host is still able to control higher brain functions.

Comment

The Master Plaga I believe is first mentioned in Ada's Report in RE4 Wii/PS2. It is a special kind of plaga which gives the host control over the other hosts with 'slave' plaga. Apparently you will turn into a large weird monsters unlike the cannon fodders.

Saddler has it in RE4, and Irving uses it in RE5. There's no confirmation on whether Krauser and Salazar uses the Master or the ordinary version, but I think its a mixed, with the Master Plaga being the dormant one.

Comment

The master plaga was mentioned in the GC version as well, just not by name. Ada, Krauser, and Luis all mention it, and Leon obviously knows what it is at the end when he gives it to Ada. The ps2/Wii version only provided a bit more info, but it was always there. I believe it was also in the files as well.
              sigpic
              Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by xfactor View Post
                Saddler has it in RE4, and Irving uses it in RE5. There's no confirmation on whether Krauser and Salazar uses the Master or the ordinary version, but I think its a mixed, with the Master Plaga being the dormant one.
                I'm pretty sure Irving was given a 'control' Plaga.

From the 'Ricardo Irving' file:
                After reaching the conclusion that there was nothing more he could do, Irving plotted to escape with his accumulated wealth, but he was soon overtaken by the hooded figure, who provided him a vial containing Las Plagas. This was to be his punishment for failure. He was to administer this on himself in order to fight the two agents.

This vial contained a Las Plagas variant known as a control Plaga.

Yup.

And as far as 'Master' Plagas, I don't remember it ever coming up in RE5. Only 'control' plagas.

From the 'Majini' file:
                Type 2 takes over the central nervous system of infected humans, and incapacitates normal rational thought faculties. The infected hosts become willing subjects to the ones that control them. (However, to maximize their effectiveness as a weapon, the person(s) who command them do not need to possess a control Plaga to do so.)

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                  Type 2 takes over the central nervous system of infected humans, and incapacitates normal rational thought faculties. The infected hosts become willing subjects to the ones that control them. (However, to maximize their effectiveness as a weapon, the person(s) who command them do not need to possess a control Plaga to do so.)
                  Hmm, So I guess that pretty much sums up that Wesker could control them with out being infected with plagas himself.
                  "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                  Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Yea, the master or control plaga just ment that the person could still control their thought. It had nothing to do with being able to control others infected. Saddler just found a way to control the villagers.

Comment

Master Plaga or Control Plaga, it doesn't matter. They meant the same to me...

Comment

Apparently they are the same thing, but that's irresponsible of Capcom to name them differently in two consecutive games.

Comment

I think it's simply an issue of different translators getting the wording different more than anything else.

Comment

Yes of course...Engrish.

Comment

The Plaga sample everyone is after in RE4 is one "Saddler developed", according to Krauser. This likely means it is what would become known as the control Plaga, and that these did not naturally occur within the species before the modern day Los Illumanados got their hands on them, where they would be used to take over the world.

Comment

Working...
                              X