Question about Moby Dick toys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Moby Dick toys

Hello, ive been contemplating on getting a few of the moby dick resident evil figures but have no idea about the overall quality of them. Can anyone here give me any info about the durability or what they are made of? i heard that they are made from a really hard plastic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Andy

they are really well detailed and yes they are made of hard plastic but you can still pose them but the poseablitlity is to a minimum, but far warning to ya, every Moby Dick toy has a loose joint and a part of the figures body (leg,arm,foot ect ect) will eventually come out of its socket but can be put right back in, my Jill (Regina Dino Crisis ver) foot comes off sometimes but i put it right back in. my Moby Dick nemesis Type-1's leg comes out but i just shove it back in there and it still looks brand f'n new.

hope this helped a little.

if you want more info you should ask Skunky on here, he has alot more of the Moby Dick figures and knows alot more about the figures than i do.
    Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 05-03-2009, 04:30 PM.

Comment

^ Yea my Claire's (RE2version) hand comes off but it just pops back in. The creatures on the other hand such as the brain sucker are extremely durable.
      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

yup, my brain sucker is the only Moby Dick figure i have that doesnt have any problems with it.

Comment

^ Yea it's a wonderful figure, I really want the beta hunter, drain demos, etc. Good detail as well lol.
          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

if any of the double pack things i want that would be the Carlos and nemesis pack.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
              if any of the double pack things i want that would be the Carlos and nemesis pack.
              thats the only moby dick figure set I have.

Quick question, are the RE4 figures made by moby dick as well?

Comment

No their made by Neca. Moby Dick are japanese figures. Neca also made the 10th anniversary figures as well as the RE5 figures. I must say that I'm very suprised that America has produced more Resident Evil figures than Japan considering how big Biohazard is over there.
                Last edited by REmaster; 05-03-2009, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Oh, alright, I was just wondering since a lot of my RE4 figures have had things coming out of their sockets as well. My Leon and Ada's heads keep coming out and Verdugo's left leg won't stay in the socket either.

Comment

Originally posted by Spera01 View Post
                    thats the only moby dick figure set I have.

Quick question, are the RE4 figures made by moby dick as well?
                    nope NECA made them, a guy named gamma hunter was selling the RE4 series 2 (all of them) but i wouldnt buy them cause hes the guy on here named Shido and he ripped me off, i was supposed to buy a moby dick Carlos, NECA HUNK and a NECA tyrant but i got jipped of $40 bucks insted.

Comment

Yea my Neca Leon and Ada hands also come out but the old school toy biz figures are the worst. I've gone through 2 chris's, 2 hunk's, a leon and 3 jill's over the years because of their arms constantly falling off and getting lost.
                      Last edited by REmaster; 05-03-2009, 09:40 PM.

Comment

i didnt really care for the toy biz figures the best one is the Tyrant T-002 cause you got that button on his back and you can make the blood his heart pump.
                        i only had a Leon w/ Licker Claire w/ Zombie cop Forest w/ lab coat zombie Tyrant T-002 William Birkin G3-G4 William Birkin w/ Sherry and Hunter w/ Chimera.
                        Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 05-03-2009, 09:48 PM.

Comment

^ LOL...my tyrant's heart dried up long ago, now there's just a sad gurgle when I press it. That was the first series that I fully completed, but since then I've also completed the 10th anniversary series, and hopefully the RE5 series in the months to come. I still need the regular leon and his jacket varient (it's a bit ironic that the only one I have is the "elusive comic-con RPD version but not the regular ones) and Dr. Salvador for the RE4 series. For the palisades series I need Birkin, Nemesis and Claire. And of course, I also need the 15 or so more figures to complete the Moby dick series since I've only got Claire(re2version) and the regina Jill/Brain sucker two-pack.
                          Last edited by REmaster; 05-03-2009, 09:54 PM.

Comment

RE4 Leon coat and no coat versions are expensive as fuck lol. out of the 10th anniversary i need all of series 1 and series 2 i need the Hunter and Chrimson head.
                            as for palisades i need Nemesis, Leon (wounded version), Nosferotu, and Soldier Zombie, Claire (wounded version) Mr.X, Alexia Ashford, and zombie cop (white shirt version) and all of series 3 but series 3 is gonna have to wait cause the shit is so expensive but ill probably buy your Wesker if you plan on selling it REmaster.

Comment

I've got all the Moby Dicks, aside from the LE Nemesis types 1 and 3. I don't play with them or anything, but some of the joints are rather weak. I haven't had any arms fall out, but the knee joints on my Rebecca aren't stiff, so she's always falling over.
                              I also bought a RE1 Tyrant (Series 16), which had a broken knee in the box. And as soon as I lifted him out of the package, his waist snapped in two. The ball and stick joints can be very weak in the figures. I only bought it for the nemesis part - if you collect all the figures and assemble the Nemesis type-3, you will be one spike short on his back, which really sucks.

I THINK that this may be because I bought some of the figures which were branded RE3, and others which were Biohazard 3. There MAY be a difference, but I'm not sure.
                              The Limited edition Nemesis type 1 (Series 4?) may also have a spike as his bonus part to make up for this. Can anyone confirm?

Some of the figures are REALLY HEAVY, and can be expensive to import. Especially the Hunter-beta figure.

EDIT: Here's a post about it I made over a year ago.
                              MD Line (From memory)

16 series (Not necessarily in order)

1. Jill VS Hunter B
                              2. Jill(re1) VS Drain Demos
                              3. Regina VS Brain Sucker
                              4. Carlos VS Nemesis

5. Chris (RE:CV)
                              6. Claire (RE2)
                              7. Nemesis II
                              8. Tyrant (103)
                              9. Tyrant (mutated 103)
                              10. Claire (RE2 alternate costume)
                              11. Ivy
                              12. Licker
                              13. Leon (RE2 alternate costume)
                              14. HUNK
                              15. Rebecca (RE0 N64)
                              16. Tyrant (002)

MISC
                              Chris VS Tyrant (103)
                              Nemesis I (solo). I believe nemesis I is numbered '4' on his box.
                              Nemesis III

The rarest I beleve are

Rebecca, Tyrant (002), Ivy, Licker, Leon, HUNK, Nemesis II.

A comic shop near my house (in Australia of all places) got two boxes, in maybe 2004, each had about 2 of the 7. I think they may have been released alot later than all the rest? I know they all shipped together. I bought a set of 7, and he took about 15% off the price, which was awesome.

The early 2 packs can also be somewhat rare. The last one I could track down was Carlos v Nemesis I. Very hard for me to find for some reason. Ebay coughed one up, but to ship it to Australia was more expensive than the actual win price.
                              I don't know any details about the misc figures, other than that I've seen them.

I believe the doubles also come in a bronze finish, and maybe also another colour or two? I don't know how rare these are. Someone else would be better qualified to answer that.

RE the camo soldier zombie. It's a palisades variant. There were a few of these too.

Series 1
                              Camo soldier zombie
                              Bandaged Leon
                              Nemesis w/ tentacle (I believe US EB exclusive. INSANELY pricey if you can find one. Palisades nemesis fetch enough as it is.)

Series 2
                              Camo chris
                              Bloodied Claire
                              Blue-shirt zombie cop

Series 3
                              I believe the only variant in this line was the way Wesker was packed. I think it was rarer boxed with the sunglasses on? I'm not sure. Happy to be corrected on this one.
                              I've done some more investigating on the bronze figures too. It seems that Jill STARS and Jill RE3 came in bronze variants. Regina and Carlos/Nemesis came in silver variants.
                              This is the only one I have:

Moby Dick also released two William G-2 figures, which pre-date the Biohazard 3 figure line.
                              One was normally coloured, with a video tape with a message from the producers.
                              The other was a grey/black coloured variant, which didn't have the tape.
                              Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 05-03-2009, 10:27 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X