Resident Evil 3 SLES 02698

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 3 SLES 02698

Does anybody have this version of RE3 for PS1, SLES 02698? Can I please have some good scans of front, back (including spines), disc, and any other paperwork included inside (such as forms, ads)?
    Last edited by Anders; 05-03-2009, 06:19 PM.
    lostreleases // demopals

Any idea which language version (and country) this is?

UK English?

Comment

never heard of it? what is it?

Comment

Pedo-Carn,

I have it listed as UK on my site, but I'm not sure. It's the only RE3 PS1 I don't have any scans of. Not saying I have complete scans of all the other PAL variations, but this I don't know ANYTHING about. It's weird, the SLES code differs a lot to the other PAL variations, like it was released a long time after the first...

I know Ridley W. Hayes has it, I sent him a PM. He hasn't signed in here for a few months, though. If he doesn't have email notification of PMs (in other words, if he doesn't respond), I'll bug him some more via email tomorrow.

I found a post where he mentioned it:
        "There's also an Italian and Spanish version of the game for the psx (SLES 02533 & SLES 02532), plus the Platinum one (SLES 02698)."

Platinum?? I've never seen an RE3 Platinum!!

Originally posted by TyrackT71 View Post
        never heard of it? what is it?
        It's a PAL variation of RE3 for PS1. See here, scroll down to RE3:
        Last edited by Anders; 05-03-2009, 06:44 PM.
        lostreleases // demopals

Comment

so its the ps1 version of a pal game :S

Comment

EDIT: RE3 US PS1 NO LONGER NEEDED -- Talking about RE3. I also need a scan of RE3 PS1 US, the one with Dino Crisis demo. The front cover here is wrong:

It's of the version without DC demo. I need a scan of the proper one, which has a red (or yellow?) circle/star-thing on the front which advertises the DC demo. Scans of the front insert and game disc wanted, and the DC demo disc on white background, too.

so its the ps1 version of a pal game :S
            Yes, nothing exciting really, but I'd like to know some more about this version, where it was released and so on. Completing my site, basically.
            Last edited by Anders; 05-04-2009, 05:15 PM.
            lostreleases // demopals

Comment

thats why you status is "the collector"

Comment

thats why you status is "the collector"
                Hehe, pretty much. Not looking to buy this, though, I have to reserve my money for promo stuff. Just collecting info right now. But it's an evil spiral. Buying more stuff makes me want to update the site more, the more I update the site, the more I want to buy stuff. I didn't have much of a collection when I started the site, and I don't think I would if I never did start it.
                lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Pedo-Carn sier selveste yrkespedoen!

Platinum?

My memory is too fuzzy to recall such a thing. It sounds possible, but the number is too low for it to be a platinum re-release.

But it could be a reprint of some sort... but I don't recall there being any notable bugs or words of controversy surrounding Resident Evil 3's PAL release :s

Was the original UK print of RE3 sold out on launch (or just very limited) ?

It could be a case of the game having a new SLES code on the cover but the disc is a 1:1 with the old one.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                    Pedo-Carn sier selveste yrkespedoen!
                    Platinum?
                    My memory is too fuzzy to recall such a thing. It sounds possible, but the number is too low for it to be a platinum re-release.
                    But it could be a reprint of some sort... but I don't recall there being any notable bugs or words of controversy surrounding Resident Evil 3's PAL release :s
                    Was the original UK print of RE3 sold out on launch (or just very limited) ?
                    It could be a case of the game having a new SLES code on the cover but the disc is a 1:1 with the old one.
                    Eg esje pedo, prøve meg bare på gamle damer! (Isje tull eingong, men kanskje litt overdrevet.)

Platinum makes no sense. All other comparable RE Platinum releases have the same SLES code as the original release, only the barcode would be changed. Even RE1 of which there are FOUR different versions (Original, Platinum, White Label, Value Series) all have the same SLES code (00200).

It's possible that it's a reprint because the original sold out, Platinum or not. Even though the game wasn't released as Platinum, I'm sure that they at some point needed to press up more games to sell. But why did they change the SLES code for that?
                    Last edited by Anders; 05-03-2009, 07:05 PM.
                    lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Samler på gamle damer altså? Go Toralv Maurstad Awards 2009!

Anyway, some Japanese PS1 games I have have different ID codes on their reprints, even if the data is a 1:1 match with the initial release (Guess PAL titles didn't necessarily do the same (besides those that had extra content added to their reprints, such as how V-Rally, or whatever, had some new cars and stuff)

Guess there might be some code revision or a different region involved somehow. What ID tag did Australia use for the game?

Damn it! Curse you, fellow Norwegian man! You've made me curious about random trivial stuff!

Comment

Isje sååå gamle da!

Japanese games change the SLPS/SLPM code just if an employee so much as sneezes inside the SMEJ plant (pressing plant which press the Japanese Sony games, makes sense as it's a Sony plant ). "Stop the press and change the artwork, and take Kanivol-san outside and shoot him in the head while you're at it!"

All Biohazard budget titles have different codes to the original releases in Japan. Even the Bio4 PS2 The Best reissue of the PS2 The Best reissue.

Australia - possible. I don't know. I always assumed they got the regular UK/Europe edition, SLES 02529, only with an MA15+ sticker. Australians, please confirm!
                        Last edited by Anders; 05-03-2009, 07:56 PM.
                        lostreleases // demopals

Comment

I'll check for you guys later tonight

EDIT: My Aussie one is SLES-02529
                          Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 05-04-2009, 03:24 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anders View Post
                            It's of the version without DC demo. I need a scan of the proper one, which has a red (or yellow?) circle/star-thing on the front which advertises the DC demo. Scans of the front insert and game disc wanted, and the DC demo disc on white background, too.
                            Here you go. I have others if you need them as well. Just let me know. Images are large but if you reduce them in size the extra garbage the scanner picked up will go away.

Comment

Thanks, Alf717. I've sent you a PM.
                              lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Working...
                              X