question about William Birkins color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about William Birkins color

Alright the only Resident Evil 2 games i played was the dual shock for PS1 and the port to the GC (which i heard was a port of the dual shock)
    and i have always had one question, why is william birkins mutated forms in the game black, when all of his artistic renderings and figures are brownish?

technical issues perhaps ? how he appears in the game is probably the best they could render him .. color pallette and all ..

Comment

thanks, i was just wondering if it was like a lil bonus change from the original to the dual shock version.

Comment

Yea, probably the same with Hunk how he's black and grey in the artistic renderings but in the game he's brown and dark brown lol. Especially Mr.X, who had a black trenchcoat and grey skin in his artistic rendering, but in the game he sports a green trenchcoat and brownish skin
        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

actually Mr. X was a green coat, but i agree about the skin.

I guess using black would also allow them to knull out alot of detail being that the graphic engine back then would not be able to show it all.

Comment

Oh yea i guess it was lol, not that green though
            "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

yeah it had more or less a greenish tent. oh how i wish capcom would remake 2 and 3 like they did with RE1.....tears....
              Last edited by thedarkone; 05-07-2009, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Yea the artistic rendering is a darker, greyish tinted green...where in the game it's olive green lol. I'm glad they darkened it in the newer mr.x's in outbreak file 2 and DSC. Those things always confused me when I was a kid, and I always wondered why they were different but I guess like everyone said, the technology just wasn't up to par back then to get precise models lol.
                Last edited by REmaster; 05-07-2009, 05:32 PM.

Comment

yeah. I also find it odd, maybe it was just shadowing but during the flashback of william birkin taking out alpha team and eating the vials, his skin tone was a reddish almost purple.

Comment

lol yea I think it was eithier that, confusion about the color, or they were just like, "I'm having a hard time getting this texture right"..."Screw it, make him purple"

Comment

lol yeah. Funny though, they managed to make the regected G parasite the perfect color...i just don't know what capcom was thinking

Comment

Yea, I always noticed in RE1 (the original) that Barry's vest was bright red, but in the game it was maroon lol.

http://www.residentevilfan.com/galle...ge.asp?id=1004
                        http://www.residentevilfan.com/gallery/image.asp?id=6
                        Last edited by REmaster; 05-07-2009, 07:47 PM.

Comment

yeah, did you also notice how each character was a color like the power rangers.

Chris -green
                          Jill -blue
                          Wesker-black
                          Barry-Red

Comment

Lmao yea, I liked how they were all color cordinated.
                            Brad- Yellow
                            all they need is a pink
                            Last edited by REmaster; 05-07-2009, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                              Lmao yea, I liked how they were all color cordinated.
                              Brad- Yellow
                              all they need is a pink
                              pink would be claire but since she isnt in S.T.A.R.S. and RE1 i guess she doesnt count

Comment

Working...
                              X