Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 Trial DISC

Hi there,
    few weeks ago i had bought this trial from ebay. My question to you is: Is this Trial legit ? Do you know where this is from ? Its NOT playable on my unmodified Xbox 360 (PAL).!

Thanks

it looks like a self burned dvd from VERBATIM.....Its an english version,so your xbox must play this dvd,because its PAL-format!!

Comment

yeah i know. It sould be playable on my pal xbox 360. But its NOT!

Comment

maybe this demo is a fake..i dont know....i dont think,that capcom is using dvd`s from VERBATIM.........hm.....

Comment

Fake there isn't a pressed 360 demo or trial as far as I know only the live demo.
          There's a pressed PS3 demo disc though
          BCJX 96003
          BCJX 96004

http://www.biohazardfrance.com/dossi...ent-evil-5-e3/ have PS3 / 360 E3 build discs.
          Last edited by kevstah2004; 05-12-2009, 02:40 PM.
          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

It says lightscribe on the DVD-R (a way to also burn the label image and text onto the disc), so judging by that it's most likely a fake from around the time the Japanese demo first came online. There were a lot of fake 360 DVD-Rs on eBay back then, but those also had printed paper artwork. It can also be one person's own completely homemade disc.

What is weird though, is that it looks a lot like the Xbox 360 promo version, which you also have. So possible scenarios:

1. Whoever burned fake demos used other Xbox promo discs as a template (RE5 promo was not out then, but most Xbox promo/ discs I've seen all look more or less the same).
            2. It's a more recent fake done by some private collector for fun.
            3. Capcom actually made a few lightscribe DVD-Rs for promotion. I doubt that.
            Last edited by Anders; 05-12-2009, 03:17 PM.
            lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Lightscribe = yyeaaahh.... you got scammed...

Comment

At some event after the demo came up on the Japanese Xbox LIVE Marketplace (I believe it was Krispy who attended this and said this) Capcom gave away a few discs with the demo on it, telling people they could stop playing their *whatever they called them* copies.

No idea if those were actual pressed discs or just DVD-Rs that follows the correct folder structure.

@biohazard. the disc you have, if you put it in your PC, what do the files look like? Discs with demos that are burned like this should follow the folder structure of the 360 HDD, so you'll probably see some sort of folder called content/0000000000 or something. If it doesn't have a complicated folder tree, whoever made it didn't create the folder structure right.

Also, if I remember corretly; when you insert a homemade 360 disc like that with a demo on it, the demo wont be playable through the regular "play disc" option under My Xbox. The demo will just magically appear on your demo list (just like the ones you've downloaded to your storage device), and if you have it on your HDD already you can't access the one on the disc.
                Last edited by Carnivol; 05-12-2009, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Does you Xbox 360 recognize it as "Mixed Media Disc" ??? If so select the 3rd option from left (I am sorry I forgot name of the tab) then it should appear to be playable from there. As other people have said it does not require a Modded Xbox 360 to play such demos.
                  Sevket's Game Collection
                  PSN Gamercards

Comment

when the biohazard5 trial released on the internet, i had downloaded it and it was playable when i put the disc in the xbox 360. The Demo was visible in the "DEMO Section".

This disc has the same structure !!! But its not playable at all !

Comment

Why does it have both the UK and Australian ratings on it?

Comment

hm......i dont know....100%fake!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rewak View Post
                          Why does it have both the UK and Australian ratings on it?
                          It's common for PAL releases*, as they often press 100% identical discs (which contains all necessary languages on the disc) for all PAL regions and just print different inserts** in different languages and with different ratings logos.

As an example, see the retail disc of RE5 PAL:

*It wasn't common before, so with older (for example PS1 era) games, they all will have different discs (only small changes, like ratings logo and serial number, and only one language on each disc).

**Sometimes they just use regular UK inserts for other countries, where they just attach a sticker with whichever country's ratings logo over the UK BBFC logo. This is often done in Australia, where most games are exactly like the UK version, only with an OFLC sticker.
                          lostreleases // demopals

Comment

That's actually the first i've seen of it (i live in the UK btw), but then again i haven't been buying many games lately.

Comment

Working...
                            X