Help with RE2 on Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with RE2 on Vista

So I snagged a copy of RE2 for PC, but I have encountered a problem with it. I install the game but nothing shows up in the CAPCOM folder nor does the game appear in the "Installed Programs" area in Control Panel, but RE2 disc says it's installed to the HDD. I even tryed to do a registry edit to unlock everything, but even then there is no RESIDENT EVIL2 folder in the CAPCOM registry string. What's going on? Can anybody help me out?
    My Head-Fi Page

your in luck i too had this problem and found the solution basically ya have too make a disc image and put it on ya hdd, download ultraiso(as this one is the ony virtual drive that currently works on windows 7) mount the image and run the autorun and install, the capcom folder should now be in the right place hope that helps, any problems pm me and i will do my best too help you

Comment

Thanks Man! I'll try it ASAP!
      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Sorry for the double post.....

Now I have another problem, how do I create a Virtual Drive in UltraISO?
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

it should already be in ya computer area, another way too do it is right click on ya iso image look for the ultra iso link and choose the mount option.

Comment

I figured it out, I downloaded the Slyoft Virtual Clone Drive software and made a few. Now it works, but I get slight graphical glitches.
            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

This thread stinks of illegal downloading...

Comment

Why do you say that? I bought RE2 PC and the Slysoft software is freeware. I got RE2 off ebay here > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=380122591272.

So what we are talking about is completely legal. It's just that RE2 doesn't work right on Vista and I was seeking assistance.
                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                  I figured it out, I downloaded the Slyoft Virtual Clone Drive software and made a few. Now it works, but I get slight graphical glitches.
                  too fix them you need too tinker around with the graphics card option in the options in the startup window it throws up when you first click the exe fie too play it. think that/'s right >.< its been a while since i installed it.

Comment

my copy works fine, and its on vista. straight from the box

Comment

I had this problem once before. I think I copied all the files off the CD onto my hard drive in a seperate folder, then installed it from there. Make sure you run the setup as an administrator.

Disable UAC. It's the only way to be even slightly pleased with Vista.

Comment

I hate vista for old games it can't even run the first max payne dammit classic games will never die no matter how sexy the graphics get!!!! xD

Comment

Working...
                        X