No announcement yet.

Why are you a Resident Evil Collector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are you a Resident Evil Collector?

Here you can say why you are a RE/Bio collector,whats your favorite re game and what is your best collectors item ever!

I am a collector because i am a great fan from the best game of the world.I am a fan since 1996 and collect the stuff since 2004.
    My best collectors item is my Bio Remake Trial Edtion,my favorite games are all versions from re 2.

well the games are great of course , mostly some of my Re Game's-collecting are the same but it depends what you have in toys,posters, etc.. the coolest item i have that is rare is my (Re2- unopen handheld by tiger & RE2 N64) & some of the Demos of Re-games as for me i wouldnt even bother collect the RE live-movies stuff and put it with the games to me that desperate for collection , but misc of Re stuff is always fun to collect it , if you see it BUY it you might not see it again . as for the toys i kinda done with them until the new sets for RE5 if that happens i ll get them , i just dont feel like spending some much for one toy its not like your going to keep it forever. if nothing happens to me by then (hope not) ill still keep collecting Resident Evil stuff when im old.

to the collectors good luck!

Comment

Well, I'm trying really hard to collect all the resident evil games there is, but its kinda slow-going. My favorite is RE remake

Comment

I liked the first game when I saw it, due to unfortunate events that happened during I was watching relatives play it (at a young age, we would take turns at the game the first time through in order to be fair to everyone) which traumatized me.... I avoided the series until REmake came out and I got back into it. I had initially picked up some fan-made merchandise that I thought looked cute - it was a plush toy Hunter, which had gotten me interested in the game when it came out in Australia.

Only recently have I started trying to recollect the games, since it turns out I used to have a fair amount of RE merchandise when I was younger, however it was all given away after those unfortunate events... and now I am rebuilding my collection from scratch again as I already collect other game series' and many other things, and since I have gotten a second chance to get back into it without any issues and seeing as how there are new games and merchandise popping up even more, it gives me an actual challenge to track down new and old items alike to try and have a collection that I can be proud of and to show to other people to get them interested in the series themselves - right from the very beginning, at the Mansion incident.

In short, I collect them as I wish to hold onto the items, keep them safe and/or in good condition to share with people in the future or even at the current time as I've always liked the Biohazard / Resident Evil series, even with the aforementioned issues. So it's always good to buy something when you first see it, as Adam has said - you might not see it again, and if you see it again it might not be the original/official one or may be in terrible condition (which is rather disappointing if it's extremely limited and rare merchandise and/or items).
        sigpic
        Non-blurry Signature Version
        Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

I've been playing the games since the first was released on PSX. My favourite is RE2.
          I've been collecting RE series items for years, but got quite serious when I had more of a disposable income. Living in Japan for over a year also allowed me to accquire some really rare items.

My favourites are

Two cases - I use the spare to carry my lap-top to university.

Very rare RE1 standee. My brother and I got it when the game was first released.

You can see heaps more of my rare things here
          Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 06-12-2009, 08:29 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Holy crap, impressive!

Comment

Resident Evil is probably my favorite video game series and I like to collect things but not to a point were it takes over my living space. My favorite game is RE 2 and I especially liked playing it on the gamecube. My favorite thing I have is my RE Outbreak File 2 standee as well as the Wesker's report DVD.

Comment

Well I've been glued to the series since it first came out and I'm one of the biggest fans around, as I'm sure most of you are as well. Resident Evil is more than a game to me, it's a huge part of my life. I started collecting the games years ago, than it just expanded from there. While I have all the games, books, comics and random things here and there, I'd have to say the most valuable part of my collection would be my figures. I currently have 63 figures (out of around 80 or so figures that have been made, including the RE5 figures, which will make it closer to 90 figures when the second series is released).
                I'm constantly adding pictures of my collection to my site, so you can visit the site in my signature to check them out. I haven't even covered half of my collection yet so check back often
                Last edited by REmaster; 06-12-2009, 06:40 PM.
                "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

I'm a resident evil collector beacuse I love the series, play the games like every month and just love the stuff that comes out for it. Until I got a job the only items i'd pick up were the games, then I started collecting the moby dick figures, because I always wanted a Nemesis type 2 since R.E 3 came out. Since then i've decided to move onto advertisement/promo items to do with posters only, not that interested in the demos/trails but I love looking at other peoples collections on them, but they are too much for me lol. As well as looking into posters, i'm also after the guides/books/mags on bio/r.e, as they are a peice of history to me so to speak.
                  The items I love in my collection would have to be my nemesis type 2 moby dick MOC, and my Claire Palisades statue.

Comment

I'm a Resi Evil collector no more, I'm selling all my stuff (check the sales topic for my stuff; make me an offer). However, I'm still keeping some of my cool stuff (Resi Evil 3 PS1 memory card, soundtracks, games), and I'm only gonna collect soundtracks from now on.

Comment

I don't collect RE stuff, cos i really don't care about RE stuff or any other game's stuff, i just like to play the games. And my favourite one is RE2, cos it was my first RE i played.

Comment

I only 'collect' the unreleased stuff like videos, pictures, and assuming I ever get a new job I'll try some beta hunting. My interests include the early beta of Bio Hazard, the GBC port of Resident Evil, RE 2 betas and the RE 4 betas. The German Director's Cut got me into the series. That uncut intro was the shit, too bad it didn't come with the RE 2 demo...

Comment

I collect because I just do. It's a series I heavily invest in and the toys are made pretty good by various manufacturers. The RE2 demo got me started into collecting...actually the strat guides, then the Toybiz line of figures....trying to hunt down a Hunk figure, etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Daargoth View Post
                            I collect because I just do. It's a series I heavily invest in and the toys are made pretty good by various manufacturers. The RE2 demo got me started into collecting...actually the strat guides, then the Toybiz line of figures....trying to hunt down a Hunk figure, etc. etc.
                            I kinda wish i didn't collect so many figures, I have no room at all, i'm having to clear space which orignally had my clothes stored
                            Why are the moby dicks so big

Comment

I am a Resident Evil fan and collector becuase the series inspires me.

Though I don't have any figures. Like many of the others: My favorite game was Resident Evil 2

Comment

Working...
                              X