Resident Evil 3 - "Picture" epilogue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 3 - "Picture" epilogue

No, I'm not talking about some sort of unseen epilogue, I'm talking about the news report at the end of the game that describes the Raccoon tragedy. I have played numerous PC versions, a PAL and a NTSC-UC PSX RE3, and so far the only news report to have the nuclear explosion picture "flash" out and be replaced by a sepia print at the end of the report so as to make it look like a history picture, has been the NTSC-UC PSX version.

Does anyone know why Capcom would change this for every other release?
    Also, can anyone confirm/deny that this happens in the BioHazard versions?
    Last edited by Helegad; 06-13-2009, 07:30 AM.

hm..i dont know what you mean..can you show me a pic,please?

Comment

I'll try and find a video later.

Comment

i've played the NTSC PSX version, and the PC version and it was exactly the same thing in both of them .

Comment

Well it didn't happen in my PC version, which is sad because it is a really nice effect.

Comment

I've played the PS and GC verisons and that scene is the same as far as I can remember.

Comment

No picture flash out (around 7:40)
              With picture flash out (around 6:30)

Some cool covers of the credits I found while searching:
              Electric guitar
              Piano

Just watch the last part
              Last edited by Helegad; 06-13-2009, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                I think I haven't seen that ending with the sepia toning. Hm... Maybe I just don't remember that particular effect. It's been a while...

But wow, the music! Haven't heard those before! Nice playing, really I love the themes!

Wait...what?? Haha, I didn't expect that at the end of the last vid
                Last edited by Rakkoon; 06-14-2009, 11:02 AM.

Comment

i can play the ending theme on my piano as well same as Enclosure from MGS1
                  anyways back on topic sorry.

Comment

Hm, I'm pretty sure the photo effect is in the UK version as well. It's how I remember it anyway.

Comment

I love the photo effect. It's such a great way to end the game

Comment

Hrmm I don't think I've ever seen the flash out thing before.
                        I've played a PAL PSX game, and the Dreamcast NTSC-J release, and as far as I can recall, both were identical (no sepia). I unlocked all 8 epilogues on the Jap DC version, so I've seen the ending alot. Yet don't ever remember having seen that effect...
                        sigpic

Comment

It's so stupid that Capcom would actually remove it in some reasons. WTF is wrong with them?

Comment

Working...
                          X