Did you know...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you know...

...that the first test builds of RE5 were created with the Unreal Engine 3?

Is this just conjecture or did they talk to someone with the team? Capcom did license UE3, but IIRC that was pretty late into RE5s development.

Fake Edit: Yep
    Publisher to use technology behind Gears of War and Unreal Tournament 3 in unannounced project.

Comment

Heh heh, there was a tiny snippet about this in the CE strategy guide. Same Chris design, but in some sunny concrete hallways (though likely still in Africa). And some zombies, too! =O

EDIT: I think REhorror has scans of it...
      Last edited by The Ekamp; 06-22-2009, 07:40 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the testbed map they reference was on Framework. They mention that the final game had a tweaked saturation/colorspace to give it a more desaturated look. But yeah, there we're 3 photos from the "UE3" build, but they weren't what the article is showing at the top (which I'm sure was on Framework).

Comment

Well it said they were "weighing the merits of particular game engines" so I suppose UE3 would have been one of them :X

Comment

well i figured its true seeing as how one of the original videos for RE5 didnt have any sheva in it, it has a ton of different things in it that we didnt see in the final game so yea i believe it. and the hords of people looked more like a mob in the video... kinda like zombies.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X