1.5 Map Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ridley W. Hayes View Post
    Kev, mate, you can also see the granade flying trough the air toward the camera after Leon throws it. See attached.

Alzaire, about the number of floors on the RPD, I asked that once in the 1.5 thread of the PlayStation Museum forums. I don't remember very well, but I think the Curator said there were only two floors with the helipad being the 3rd. Did anyone save the answers he gave to the questions I asked? I don't seem to find them in my hd.
    Yeah that's what he said, but I'm not too sure on the plausibility of the answer. It's hard to fully trust the information he gave like that when he pretty much also described his playing of 1.5 to be him simply using the debug menu to jump around at random and he self-admits that he wasn't very good at playing the game. He also didn't remember most of the answers to questions I asked him later. So I dunno if I'd take his answer as fully valid.

The main reason is because the helipad portion is a decent chunk of area. There's a lot of rooms to be thrown into the upper floors already. I think there is a 3rd floor, I just don't think it's very big. There's also an interview where a developer said something like "the first, third, and basement floor were too similar". Not sure how exactly he means - whether he means layout wise or visual design.

Sadly, I don't think this is something we'll be able to confirm until we obtain the game ourselves.
    sigpic

Comment

Interesting... So you're trying to make it like a 3D first person view? I actually have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Linzuki View Post
        Interesting... So you're trying to make it like a 3D first person view? I actually have no idea.
        It will be a PSP 3D side story to RE 2 with short 3D gun missions, 3D cut scenes and puzzles. It's in Lua 0.20 and the project will be short enough that I can actually finish it. The cut scenes are the hard part. You might say I started when I was checking out the article on Biohazard 4D Executer

Comment

O.o that 4D executer looks pretty interesting. So... is your project a playable thing? I'm interested in seeing it once it's finished anyway. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Currently it's a few module builds..one is the menu system, one is gunplay (still need enemy AI) , and one is music and sound effects (just finished this today), needs mission selection and inventory to have a playable build. Nothing to bad, it should have a playable demo soon.

What are you using to make that shooter? It looks pretty good so far

Comment

I see, reminds me of Deadly Silence, the battle system on rebirth mode (kinda like the game boy version O_o;). I'm building it with the Source engine under Left4Dead... just because of the zombies really :/ but honestly I'm not that big on the amped graphics lol I want low polygon zombies coming toward me trying to bite me with a fixed camera angle. The most these zombies do is run at me and punch me a lot <_< and half the time they get stuck.. cause I haven't built the AI navigator map yet. Anyway I guess it's fun, few bugs aren't making it easier to finish. For instance, every time I compile the map I have to remake all the doors because they lose their property. I guess its a bug with the new Hammer editor but I'm not sure lol.

So... can you dev for the psp or something? I'm assuming you can lol.. that stuff has always intrigued me, but I've never had the time to learn much of it. When it comes to modding and such, it's won me over. I just wish RE2 and 3 were easily edited.

By the way, don't know if anyone has anything on this... but that video on youtube with 1.5 and the horrible playstation portable screen >_> what did Kotaku have to do with it?
              Last edited by Linzuki; 07-31-2009, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Linzuki View Post
                I see, reminds me of Deadly Silence, the battle system on rebirth mode (kinda like the game boy version O_o;).

So... can you dev for the psp or something?

By the way, don't know if anyone has anything on this... but that video on youtube with 1.5 and the horrible playstation portable screen >_> what did Kotaku have to do with it?
                Thanks it is a bit like the Deadly Silence knife fights.

I can develop for psp's using custom firmware, it's really easy to code in.

Now I guess your talking about the video where the guy is playing 1.5 on the PSone with the LCD screen? I've never seen anything played on a playstation portable.

Comment

The psp uses Lua for homebrew? I'm not big on coding myself, I always give up after a few <.<.

Yeah the one with the LCD screen... I thought those were so you could use your PSone in the car and such lol... guess not. But yeah... Kotaku is a game review website from what I know.

Comment

Not enough information for accurate maps!!

The complaint Alzaire made about how I squashed all the images on the maps are a bad idea, well I have a reason! It was done to make everyone see where I came up with the design of the maps, so I wouldn't get many complaints of how I came to that conclusion for the layout of the maps.

I studied the images and looked at all the images carefully, but I did miss a few things. I am not perfect. It is difficult to make complete maps from a few images. The accurate maps are the warehouse, factory, most of the lab maps RPD 1st floor I think that is it.

I haven't done anything so far is because, some people have more images, but do not want share with me, and of course the game from playstation museum no one wants to show more video.

It is obvious to me that the video showed places I made a mistake on some of the maps. So I think that the game holder wanted to let me know I was wrong!

For instance, I put the morgue in the wrong place in the basement map, and didn't make the 2nd floor ledge larger where a character jumps down near the burning van.
                    Last edited by Black~Crow; 08-01-2009, 04:08 PM.
                    I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

Comment

• Originally posted by Black~Crow View Post
                      The complaint Alzaire made about how I squashed all the images on the maps are a bad idea, well I have a reason! It was done to make everyone see where I came up with the design of the maps, so I wouldn't get many complaints of how I came to that conclusion for the layout of the maps.
                      Don't worry BC, I wasn't complaining about something you did in the end, it was something Harry did with the images on the map.
                      sigpic

Comment

• If I could just chip in here, following Black Crow's comment, I know Alzaire and Dot have 1.5 media and information that hasn't been released to the general public yet, and I do think it's kind of unfair. How is anyone else meant to help if we don't know everything you guys do? I think it's because you guys think that 1.5 will eventually land in your very own hands. Ever consider it might be someone else who gets it? Imagine some rich-kid becoming a member of this forum, becoming interested in 1.5, and waving some cold, hard cash around until he gets the disc. It's an entirely possible scenario.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but it really gets to me, and I think it all revolves around the big "oh-ho-ho-ho I have media you don't have" power trip.

Comment

• The shots they have aren't that impressive. Low quality shots of things we've already seen just with different character positioning for the most part. They've already released most of the important.

Besides, if cash was all it took we'd be laughing by now. I've made offers for not inconsiderable sums myself, and so have other folks.

Comment

• All the stuff Alzaire has come up with has been through careful study of available media. Maybe if you applied yourself in the same manner as he has, you too would have the knowledge he has. This isn't some secret cabal of people who share 1.5 info. Thats just silly. We have access to the same stuff you do. We just apply ourselves and work out things in our own head.

If someone else gets it, thats fine. Honestly, at this point, I'm not even looking because theres just been too many pitfalls while looking for it to dedicate myself to it any further. Any information we are withholding is because we want to present it all properly when the 1.5 section goes up.

Edit: We do have some things which haven't been shown, but thats because I'm not the kind of guy who will put out media in a sloppy manner. We want to take our time and come to logical conclusions. This isn't X-Cult where were slop up screenshots onto a page. I want to properly examine things and piece as much together as possible before presenting anything. That, and I want to respect the wishes of the person who provided this media. They too want to see their stuff be put to good use, and I intend to do that.
                            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-02-2009, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                              I know Alzaire and Dot have 1.5 media and information that hasn't been released to the general public yet, and I do think it's kind of unfair. How is anyone else meant to help if we don't know everything you guys do?
                              Tell me how the general public would benefit from any of it and it's all yours (whatever it may be)

Comment

• Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                                If I could just chip in here, following Black Crow's comment, I know Alzaire and Dot have 1.5 media and information that hasn't been released to the general public yet, and I do think it's kind of unfair. How is anyone else meant to help if we don't know everything you guys do? I think it's because you guys think that 1.5 will eventually land in your very own hands. Ever consider it might be someone else who gets it? Imagine some rich-kid becoming a member of this forum, becoming interested in 1.5, and waving some cold, hard cash around until he gets the disc. It's an entirely possible scenario.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but it really gets to me, and I think it all revolves around the big "oh-ho-ho-ho I have media you don't have" power trip.
                                Carn, Dot, and Darkmoon hit it up pretty well. We don't really have a whole lot that isn't or hasn't been public before and what we do have actually isn't -that- impressive (i.e., we don't have any unseen video or anything). Anything we do have leftover will be used in the 1.5 section.

Some of us have simply been involved with the stuff for so long. I've been involved and embedded in the "1.5 scene" for nearly 10 years now, and I've been meticulous to save and learn any information that was made known over these years. There are some rare things that aren't often seen, but it's mostly all out there. As John said, we want an organized and detailed section that is worthy of 1.5, and have worked hard lately to even go so far as to obtain our own magazine copies and raw videos to try and provide some of the best quality.

If some rich kid comes along, that's fine. It's not like we can do anything about something like that. Don't see how us having some rare material and a few unseen tidbits that we're holding to create the section makes any difference. Do we expect 1.5 to fall in our lap? No, we're actually constantly seeking leads and investigating leads. Yes we don't talk about them, because 1.5 is a very sensitive topic. If you saw what happened at the Playstation Museum, you'd understand. There's too many fools who don't know how to handle things, too many idiots who act immaturely when things don't go their way, and some good intentioned people who want to try to deal with the leads themselves but can't get far because of the overwhelm of the first two. It wasn't people like me and Dot50 who ruined us getting a 2nd Playstation Museum video...

It isn't some power trip.
                                Last edited by Alzaire; 08-02-2009, 04:16 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X