Resident Evil 3 ...Saturn version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 3 ...Saturn version?

I'm listening to the Tokyopop release of the Resident Evil: CODE Veronica X soundtrack right now (excellent btw) and flipping through the liner notes I noticed something odd:
    Originally posted by Hiroki Kato (Director)
    "I've been working on the Resident Evil series ever since I was hired at this company, and after I worked on porting Resident Evil 3 Biohazard to the Saturn version, I directed Code: Veronica for the Dreamcast version."
    Wait, what?
    Porting Resident Evil 3 to Saturn?

Uhh, I've heard that BH2 Saturn was under consideration but BH3? Kato certainly isn't talking about porting Resident Evil 3 to Dreamcast (which happened after CV) or working on the Playstation original, so what's this quote about?

I'm leaning toward it being a typo or mistranslation. There were never plans for Last Escape on Saturn ...were there?

but the saturn was dead long before RE3 came out ...

doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
      but the saturn was dead long before RE3 came out ...

doesn't make sense.

thats what I was thinking. Maybe its a type-o and its ment to say RE1?

Comment

He must be referring to the port of the original Biohazard to Saturn.

I don't know how that "3" got in there, but if you take it out, it all makes sense.

Comment

"Resident Evil 3 Biohazard"? What's that?
          It's probably a typo or mistranslation.

Comment

I'm guessing he was taking about the original game because by then saturn was already dead and the dreamcast was out.
            Last edited by Stars1356; 08-04-2009, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Certainly just a typo. Should be BH1. If that text up there is a 1:1 quote of what's written, it's probably just a poor re-translation/transcript of some other interview where previous work on BH1 Saturn's mentioned as a deciding factor for Kato to be brought onboard for Code: Veronica

Comment

There were Saturn games still being made in Japan. Dreamcast DEV is still alive in Japan. I think a few new games came out this year.

The Saturn was far more popular in Japan that it was in the US. I remember last year when I was in Japan, you could still buy brand new Saturn games.
                Last edited by Zombie_X; 08-03-2009, 03:22 PM.
                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Kato was the director of the Saturn port of Biohazard, and the director and planner of the Battle Game within it (which is why the battle mode in Code Veronica shares some simularities).

Comment

Working...
                  X