Where are the DLC for RE5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the DLC for RE5?

5 months have passed since the release and there's no new DLC for the RE5 after the first one for the Mercenaries mode.

Where are my Josh/Jill side scenario? Are they going to release the PC-version new costumes as the next DLC? What are the plan for future DLC for RE5?

The new skin for Sheva in the PC version of RE5 is smokin'. I really want to see what the mod scene is gonna do to this game.

Comment

It was pretty obvious that the DLC that's already available for RE5 should have been included in the retail price tag, but was excised in order to make more money. I doubt there will be any more.
      Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 08-16-2009, 01:07 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

They were taking suggestions a little while ago for possible DLC over on capcom-unity, though I wouldn't really get my hopes up for anything to actually come of that.

Honestly, I'm more disappointed that there hasn't been even a shred of DLC for Devil May Cry 4 which, compared to DMC3 (and especially DMC3: Special Edition), was severely lacking in content. Heck, there weren't even alternate costumes for Dante or Nero. Even Dead Rising got a few extra outfits once it was released. It's a real shame.
        Last edited by Archelon; 08-16-2009, 01:06 PM.

Comment

I don't see any reason why we wouldn't be getting those PC alternate costumes as DLC, it's a quick way for Capcom to make money.

Comment

I want a new weapons, costumes, characters for mercenaries, etc.

Comment

Probably gonna announce something near Christmas I reckon.

Comment

I'd like Leon with his Re4 outfit to be there, also a midnight wesker that keeps his leather jacket

Comment

new mercenaries maps would be great and new characters for mercenaries too

edit: oh and some minigame with Josh, something like seprate ways
                  Last edited by Dark_Chris; 08-16-2009, 02:12 PM.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Well I'm more interested in a Jill separate ways!

Comment

The PS2 port of RE4 came out about eight months after the GameCube, so you'd really think that, by now, we would've heard something more concrete for RE5's DLC. I really don't think it's "too much" to ask for, honestly.

I'd, too, like to see a Jill scenario. So many empty spaces that could be filled by a side mission like that. What would also be really interesting about a Jill scenario is being in her POV. Half of it could be before the confrontation with Chris and Sheva, where she's still under the control of the P30, and the second half could be afterwards. I'd love to know what she is thinking while under the mind control. It'd be absolutely great for Jill's character. Plus, I still really want to control her while in the cloak. I love her masked outfit so much.

Comment

I haven't touched that game in months plus I'm trying to enjoy what is left of summer but some new DLC around September would be nice.

Comment

I hope Capcom decides to add a bit more to the RE5 experience in the future, rather than just some boring (and most likely) "costume pack." Now I wouldn't mind the complete removal of Safari Chris & Clubbin' Sheva - 2 of the ugliest alternate costumes I've ever seen - but that it a different story.

Like everyone else, I'd love an additional experience like "Assignment Ada" or "Separate Ways," perhaps from the perspective of Josh or Jill, to flesh out the story some more.

Or, I'd even take the inclusion of more enemies. For a 2-player co-op game (and even played solo), I find that RE5 has too few enemies. I would like the intensity ramped up, with double the enemies to try to overwhelm you...much like they are doing with the PC version of Mercs. But I'd like that feature to be available both in Mercs AND the main campaign. Something to balance out the fact that in subsequent campaigns you have powered-up weaponry (unless you sell all of your guns and purchase them all over again while leveling them up as you play - but I doubt many people do that).

Capcom pushed a LOT of copies of RE5 off the shelf, and I hope they don't wait forever to release some worthy DLC. After all, now is the time to acquire more consumer cash, before the big game push of early 2010 begins.

*Versus is not good DLC. I want something with substance (and replayability).
                          Last edited by Jill's Boob; 08-18-2009, 10:10 AM.

Comment

I played Versus for about a week and a half and haven't touched it since. I've had enough of RE5's "DLC."

My wish is for a Josh Stone scenario, but it will never happen. If it does, I'll be positively enthralled. But it won't. If there's a 'Seperate Ways'-type deal, it'll most likely be pure fan-service starring Zero Suit Jill.
                            Last edited by Vector; 08-18-2009, 11:02 AM.

Comment

I'd love anything, really. New costumes are always a plus IMO, and amusing. And I would love a side story ala Jill. Though they never promised us anything of the sort, so I'm not getting my hopes up too much. I do wish they would surprise us all though.

Comment

Working...
                              X