Where are the DLC for RE5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
    Versus is not good DLC. I want something with substance (and replayability).
    I completely agree. I haven't even bought Versus mode - this is Resident Evil, not Halo or something. RE4 managed to be an excellent game, and it's all single-player (the way RE games should be).
    Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

At this point, I think any hope of DLC is dead. The game has been long forgotten by everyone. If they had something in the works, I think we would have seen it by now.

Comment

Well, there's always the PC content, and a lot of games are doing some serious "rise from your grave" revivals on the DLC front... I'd say it's not good to say.

Comment

I hope the PC version is mod friendly.

Comment

If the 360 version is anything to go by, it'll be each individual file encased in its own .arc archive. Hopefully that'll spur people to crack the format. Infact, every Framework game has had 99% of its files in the .arc format.

Comment

I'm keeping track of the Capcom Unity thread about RE5 DLC, and Sven said he showed Takeuchi all the ideas posted on it (where Jill's separate ways/side mission and new mercs map are the most demanded content). 3 days ago in another thread he was asked about the status of it and he said the additional DLC is still being considered but there aren't any news at the moment to share.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Capcom will probably just throw in the extra PC costumes some time later this year and call it a day :-/

Comment

I'd be surprised if they did. They never just leave a game alone. Each one has always had multiple versions to try and milk it's potential dry, bar the sub games and, oddly, RE3 which only got ported.

DLC seems like an easy money maker for them. I'd be quite surprised if we didn't get stuff for download. At a premium price, of course.

Comment

If the game goes "Greatest Hits" soon(?), goes on Games on Demand, or evt. gets some sort of proper re-print soon, I suppose DLC is in order too (The Force Unleashed is about to throw out some new DLC levels, Mass Effect is getting some new DLC, F.E.A.R. 2 is getting a Single Player Expansion, Lost Planet had "Colonies Edition", etc.)

Doubt they'd want to miss out on the chance to spit out some more Resident Evil 5 stuff.

TGS is next month, I guess that might be a place to be!

Comment

RE5 came out March, so suspecting that the 'Greatest Hits' edition will be out March 2010.
                      Maybe it'll include new DLC...or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                        Each one has always had multiple versions to try and milk it's potential dry, bar the sub games and, oddly, RE3 which only got ported.
                        Don't forget REmake and Zero - apart from Wii ports they also didn't have another edition with added content.

Comment

True, but I think the point stands. Capcom loves money. Capcom loves easy money. Slapping some newish feature into an existing game and selling it again is something like to do, and with DLC they can get all the people who already own the first version and aren't gonna pay again for the new, superior version that is totally awesome and won't be added to again, honest.

Comment

Working...
                          X