Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RE Archives question (translation project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE Archives question (translation project)

Hi!
    I'm doing a RE Archives translation project in Spanish and I almost finished it, but I have a few questions...

There are a few entries in the Glossary I don't undestand:

KONZERN
    GEORAMA
    Have these two words something to do with Resident Evil??

and this one...

ITS’ FINALLY OVER...
    A line both Jill and Claire say halfway through their respective games. In RE3, you can also hear it if you get killed in the boss fight that follows shortly later.
    (What the hell?? What are they talking about?)

Thanks in advance!

We are going to release it at www.residentevilcenter.net in a few days
    Last edited by albert; 08-25-2009, 12:53 PM.

I love RECenter. I'm one of the guys Michael had originally translating the site... I hope he asks for more help, I liked doing it!

As for the first two words, those... had nothing to do with RE, no.

When they say "It's finally over...", both are referring to the horror they experienced. They can finally relax. As for why Jill would say it if you get killed... either something they overlooked, or the fact that at least she can die and be at peace from the evil around her.

Comment

I'm not sure if a sane person would enjoy trasnlating 320 pages... My people always say I'm a little crazed

Anyway, I guess the "Its finally over" thing is some kind of twisted translation from Japanese...
      As for the other two... Why are they there? :/

Comment

No idea. And believe me, I need practice with my Spanish for high school. I'm gonna be in Spanish IV this year.

And it could be, but I still interpret it as them thinking they're safe. Like Jill says it in the clock tower as the helicopter comes for them. She thinks she can finally escape and be safe. Then, as we all know... Nemesis happens. Again. XD

Comment

Originally posted by albert View Post
          In RE3, you can also hear it if you get killed in the boss fight that follows shortly later.
          I haven't played RE3 in a long time, but from what I remember the only time Jill uses this line in the game is when she rang the bell at the clock tower and a helicopter arrived... and then Nemesis destroyed the helicopter, pierced Jill with his tentacle etc.
          They were probably referencing to this.
          Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 08-25-2009, 03:38 PM.

Comment

"It's finally over" is definitely the character's thought of finally escaping the insanity of what's going on around them.

However, I didn't know Jill said it if she died in the boss fight against Nemesis. Either she's saying it because she can finally die (and I guess death is better than living through more of the chaos), or it's simply a glitch in the game.
            Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

A Georama of Alfred Ashfords Military Traing Center is in Code Veronica.

Konzern stands generally for the the companys in RE.

To "Its Final Over":
              This can be a translation error. Of it there are several in the English Archives. In the German version the translation is completely different...

The English Archives does itself sometimes already with the manner of writing of the names hard. For example: Jon (=John, Chef form die Arklay lab), Alfred Ashcroft (=Alfred Ashford), Trevor Jones (=George Trevor)....

Comment

thank you.

I don't know if "konzern" appears in some file in the english version... Maybe it appeared in some japanese file and that's why they included it in the Glossary.

lol I knew those, I fixed them all. Claire Redford-- Claire Redfield, John Kendo-- Joe Kendo, Will's Report-- Virus Report etc etc...

And what does the german version say about that "It's finally over..."?

Comment

"Its finally over"
                  A remark of Jill Valentine or Claire Redfield who falls by the middle of the game.

Comment

thank you again. I decided to change it a little to fit it with the real thing...

Comment

Working...
                    X