Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Pros, The Cons: Resident Evil 1.5(The Prototype of RE2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pros, The Cons: Resident Evil 1.5(The Prototype of RE2)

Everyone on this fourum should already know everything about this rare gem of a game. It is probably one of the most talked about unreleased games in history so without further a do my pros and cons.

Pros. Absouletely love the blue atmosphere...felt like a James Cameron movie. The Police station setting was very good and felt more real and modern and at times felt like you were playing something out of a George A Remero movie. The Wepon Variety was astonishing probably the most weapons in a classic re game ever. Great Enemy A.I

Cons We have not played it yet...Capcom has not released it yet...Collector's do not want to release it...... people can get arrested if they do release it.
    Last edited by belmont1997; 08-31-2009, 08:33 PM.

Pros and Cons for a game that no one has ever played.lol

But I have to agree about the blue atmosphere and the police station of 1.5 looked like a REAL police station.
    Last edited by aris13; 08-31-2009, 03:59 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

People holding their breath for Capcom to ever release this will just end up suffocating. What possible incentive would Capcom have to release it?!

Anyway, I did like some of the areas, like the aforementioned blue-tinted police station that actually looked like a police station (and yes I know the station in RE2 used to be an art museum). Who knows, maybe RE 1.5 even had bathrooms...

Pros: Cool look and feel, lots of weapons, looked like there was far more detail in the police station as well as more overall ground to cover when compared to RE2.
      Cons: Elza Walker. She might have been cool (no way of really knowing), but I'm glad they went with Claire instead.
      Last edited by Det. Beauregard; 08-31-2009, 05:10 PM.
      Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Pros:
        The story (I think), the playable characters, different behaviour of the zombies compared to the final RE2, big bad baboon boss battle (I guess ), thick atmosphere through the blue hue some interiors of the alternative police station have (for example), side-characters as Marvin Branagh and Robert Kendo don't die the moment you meet them which could lead to some interesting alterations in the story, there is weaponry you can throw at your enemies, I heard you even find a suit that enables you to cross some areas which are on fire <- more variety and depth of play in the game, a nice soundtrack and it's an oldschool Resident Evil.

Cons:
        I haven't played it yet

Comment

Pros: Knife always equipped as a sub weapon like Dino Crisis,
          Computer Save Point, I haven't seen any item boxes in all the 1.5 footage so I think it uses the computer too the same as Dino Crisis, The protective gear for the various environments.

Cons: I'm not sure if i'd like throwing grenades instead of the grenade launcher it would be harder to kill enemies I think if you throw a grenade too far, it'd be hard to judge the distances needed not to mention the grenade launcher has a larger range.
          Last edited by kevstah2004; 08-31-2009, 05:52 PM.
          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

I'm not going to give any Pros/Cons because I've not played the game.

Yet.

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
            Cons: I'm not sure if i'd like throwing grenades instead of the grenade launcher it would be harder to kill enemies I think if you throw a grenade too far, it'd be hard to judge the distances needed not to mention the grenade launcher has a larger range.
            Only Leon used hand grenades, Elza used the grenade launcher.

Comment

With a little trickery you can use any weapon for any character either by renaming the PLW's to match the character or hack it with codes so it looks for PL01W??.PLW instead of PL00W??.PLW and vice versa.
              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Pro: A story that might be very interesting and one that can be used if they want to reboot the franchise.

Con: No can get their hands on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                  People holding their breath for Capcom to ever release this will just end up suffocating. What possible incentive would Capcom have to release it?!
                  Well, their legal eagles let the RE2 beta roam free which is pretty similar to the final release. But they seem not to want the 1.5 released. They still care about not letting us play it! >

Comment

The people who leaked the RE2 Beta were pretty much executed by Capcom Ninja Laywers. It's part of the reason no bugger will release 1.5...Capcom are serious about hunting you down and killing you with a spoon.

Comment

Obviously during Code: Veronica's development, not enough of Sega rubbed off on Capcom.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixtro View Post
                        Obviously during Code: Veronica's development, not enough of Sega rubbed off on Capcom.
                        Yeah I notced that all of sonic's beta's and prototypes are playable

I bet sega was thinking this

"Man alot of people downloaded our incompleted work we should have put it on a disc to sell to everyone..... ahhhh welp at least we are not like those other guys whats there name ohhh that's right CopCam.... no that's not right hmmmm ComCam....no that's not right ohhhhh yeah CapCock.

Comment

The Great Sonic dump, glorious day. <3
                          Ahhh

Pros; BLUE, FUCKING BLUE, EVERYWHERE.

Cons; NEEDED MORE BLUE.

Comment

Pros: Variety of weapons, modern setting, side characters (that actually stayed alive), constantly respawning enemies in certain areas, amount of gore, zombie AI, body armours, characters clothes get damaged as they take damage

Cons: Barren corridors (don't get me wrong; the rooms are nice), characters look a little less detailed, not enough variety of zombie textures, animation looks a bit stiff
                            Last edited by abbatoo; 09-03-2009, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Defence Time!

Originally posted by abbatoo View Post
                              characters look a little less detailed
                              If you have seen the last known build of 1.5 you would be hard pressed to see the difference between 1.5 Leon and final Leon. And another thing is that the characters can find body armours (3 different types known), also clothes become ripped/blooded as the characters received damage and gradually got worse as they received more and more damage. I'd say that's pretty detailed.

Originally posted by abbatoo View Post
                              not enough variety of zombie textures
                              There were more Zombie types in 1.5 than there were in final, including several female Zombie types whereas final only had the one.
                              Last edited by Vixtro; 09-03-2009, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X