Resident Evil: Your Biggest Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil: Your Biggest Challenge

What was the hardest puzzle/boss fight for you in past RE games. For me it was without a doubt, the water puzzle in RE3. Other than that, it was fighting U-3 and Krauser's final form on Pro Mode in RE4.
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

It was either the Tyrant plane fight or Nosferatu in CV, or the Mendez boss in RE4.
    A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

Nemesis in the RPD courtyard.

Comment

Definitely has to be the Tyrant plane fight for me.

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
          What was the hardest puzzle/boss fight for you in past RE games. For me it was without a doubt, the water puzzle in RE3. Other than that, it was fighting U-3 and Krauser's final form on Pro Mode in RE4.
          I have to agree with you on the water puzzle I never understood it until like 3 years ago i would always have to ask someone for help.

Comment

For Bosses: As many others have said, definitely one of them being the Tyrant plane fight in CV. To be more original however, another boss I remember being a real bitch for me was Thanatos from Outbreak, sucker killed off my team one by one. Didn't help that I didn't have internet on my PS2 at the time so I had to deal with AI controlled teammates. The only two other bosses I can think of that actually gave me trouble the first time and resulted in multiple deaths were Birkin's 4th "dog" form in RE2 and Salazar in RE4.

For Puzzles: Definitely the water one in RE3, that was just a complete bitch. Other than that, only other one that mixed me up a few times was the art room puzzle in RE1... Resulted in quiet a few deaths due to crows because of that.

Comment

the water puzzle in RE3 (wtf? its stupid)
              RE3 hard mode Nemesis in front of the RPD courtyard
              Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 08-31-2009, 09:40 PM.

Comment

I think most of us will agree that the water treatment puzzle in RE3 was the most difficult puzzle. As for boss fights, a few from the Outbreak games (on Very Hard mode) were insanely difficult. However, from the main games I would have to pick the Tyrant from CVX in the plane, Birkin's crazy dog form with spikes at the end of RE2's "A" scenario, and probably the clock tower Nemesis.

I found the bosses in RE4 and RE5 (sans Krauser on Professional Mode) to be insanely easy once you got the hang of the fight. However, I'm not counting RE5's Professional Mode bosses, because that was nuts.
                Last edited by Det. Beauregard; 09-01-2009, 01:36 AM.
                Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

That water puzzle took the piss in RE3 the first few times but since RE3 is my fave in the series, I've played it the most and now I can do the water puzzle very quickly.

Still the Clock Tower puzzle with the 3 clocks and oval objects gets to me.

Hardest boss fight...

Probably trying to fight the Nemesis in the Clock Tower after he's mutated with Carlos. I know it's completely optional but I would consider it a boss fight if attempted.

Comment

The only RE puzzles I remember really struggling with for some reason was the animal candle fountain thingy in RE0 and the clock puzzle in RE outbreak F1, in the university. I did struggle with the turning the valve in RES but that was cos of the stylus.

Krauser was always an arse for me till I found that knifing him was a lot easier. Nemesis was a problem for me in 3 till I learnt how to shoot him with the pistol. The only boss I really consider a pain now is the El Gigante from 5 as you can't move and he has friends.

Comment

Outbreak File #2. For some reason I can't grasp the game makes me it's bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                        Outbreak File #2. For some reason I can't grasp the game makes me it's bitch.
                        If you're playing it offline it's proper tough s*** on anything above normal because of the shoddy AI. It all depends on the scenario aswell, in File #2 I struggled with the first two scenarios, I just barely beat Wild Things on my first attempt (99% infection) and died on Underbelly on my first attempt because I didn't know there was a timer on the train. I'm just so used to having a timer appear if there's a time limit because of the main games . Yet when I played the third scenario; Flashback, on my first attempt I beat it fairly easy with about 60% infection just a minute shy of an hour, but then again that scenario was pretty much straight forward.

I now only play the Outbreak with infinite ammo because it's just too frustrating to play without it. If I was playing online with 3 other real people then it would be a different story because team work would actually come into play and make the game allot easier.

Comment

Yeah, Underbelly is where I'm stuck at the moment...the damned ticks are kicking me in the groin and laughing about it.

Comment

The water treatment puzzle was the easiest for me!!! i loved it...

The hardest time in RE??? it must be the Ndesu in Veteran mode. It killled me 16 times!!!!!

Comment

Tyrant in the original US version...no auto-aim so I ran around scared until Brad tossed the Rocket Launcher.

The puzzle in Resident Evil I want to say the B3 Lab where the painting on the wall had the Futhark runes containing the password was by far the easiest...The Alligator in RE2 I used to dump loads of ammo into until I figured out you could use the tank and a couple bullets to blast his head off.

Comment

Working...
                              X