Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you play a Resident Evil Game?

Do you take your time and explore?

Beat it the fastest time possible to earn an A Rank or S Rank.

I beat the game first to learn the layout then always get an A rank afterwards when I first played RE2 however I got an A rank on my first playthrough never got a rank lower. I never use first Aid sprays in the following Games.

Resident Evil 1 (Even though theres no rank)
    Resident Evil 2 (The Reason why I never like using sprays)
    Resident Evil 3
    Resident Evil 4 ( I Just sell them)
    Resident Evil 5 ( I use them alot in Professional)
    Resident Evil CVX

I play it slow and explore on the first time but after the first or second time I like to do speed runs.

Comment

Likewise, I'll take my time the first playthrough and speedrun in subsequent playthroughs. However, if I wanna challenge myself, I'll hold off from playing for a long while then pick it up again to keep some semblance of horror in hopes that I forget a few things that pop up.

Comment

Same as above, and I mean I TAKE MY TIME...those elevator doors you always seem to be waiting for during a boss fight move faster than me lol. I just like to stare at every little detail, from the pictures on the wall to other minor objects in the background. I also like to just stand in certain areas for long periods of time and soak in the music...especially the save room music ( unless I'm playing RE5 ) and try to piece together the storyline in my head so that my brain will except that this new game is a new chapter of the original story I loved so much...no matter how far apart it has become lol.
        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Take my time first playthru, that means a LOT OF TIME to watch the files, and connections with other games of the series. Then I go for a good Rank to get all the unlockables...

Except Code: Veronica X. That game is just too damn hard for me. I get hurt a lot so eventually I use sprays. Shame on me.
          Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 08-31-2009, 11:29 PM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
            I also like to just stand in certain areas for long periods of time and soak in the music...especially the save room music ( unless I'm playing RE5 ) and try to piece together the storyline in my head so that my brain will except that this new game is a new chapter of the original story I loved so much...no matter how far apart it has become lol.
            I shed a tear! So beautiful and true. I do the same thing. ;-; Oh, Save Room music... I love you so.

Hmm, so... First playthrough, I take my time. Explore every nook and cranny, read files and documents twice, etc. I definitely do not rush. Once I'm finished, I go through the game again, still taking my time but not to the same extent as my first playthrough. After that, I usually start aiming for speed-runs, either to earn an epic ranking or unlock the bonus weapons or whatever. Once that's done, I just sit back and enjoy playing through the game as much as I like, to my leisure and to my pace. Occasionally, I challenge myself for personal goals on speed-runs and such.

Comment

Originally posted by belmont1997 View Post
              Do you take your time and explore?
              This.

I've only done speed runs on the games where I can get a reward for beating it in a certain time limit (e.g. RE0, Remake, RE2, CVX, RE5). Otherwise, it's pretty much impossible for me not to collect every item in the game. For example, in RE4 (and to a lesser extent RE5) I get really pissed due to the enemy-dropped pickups disappearing so quickly; I have to change my strategy to never miss any precious fading items (insane, I know). With earlier games I would still collect every item I could and store it in the item boxes, all 100% organized based on the power of the weapon/healing item.

I know. I'm OCD.

Also, I like examining stuff. There was more in the older games, but in RE4/RE5 it was fun, too. It adds a lot of depth to the world, where normal games would just have you running through rooms mindlessly blasting things with nothing to really immerse yourself in the world. This is the problem with many games today, in my opinion.
              Last edited by Det. Beauregard; 09-01-2009, 01:41 AM.
              Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

take my time and explore for the first few times.Keep playing at that pace until I can remember the game from start to finsih,then unlock any time based unlockables.

Comment

I beat the game at least once legit and then after that I mess about with infinite ammo and sometimes other hacks to make the games more interesting if I feel they need be.

To quote a great song;

Here's my key
                  Philosophy
                  A freak like me
                  Just needs infinity

Comment

Take my time, always. Never clocked RE0, RE1, RECV/X in the time limit for the unlockables as I tend to find speed runs and such boring. Though these days thanks to RE4's Knife everything policy, I tend to try to knife as much as I can in the other RE's, mostly zombies and dogs though. Pistol killed the Nemesis in 3 though, knife was too slow.

Comment

first play through's always warrant complete exploration , every room, every corner etc etc.

after that it's a mad dash to see how fast i can beat 'em

Comment

I play the game normaly first so i can learn the levels and make enemie stratagies, then i go back and find all secrets and things.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixtro View Post
                          Here's my key
                          Philosophy
                          A freak like me
                          Just needs infinity
                          Sexy song choice. <3

Either way, I'm like everyone else, slow paced and explorer first go, speeder the next.

Comment

Hey Gradon!!! long time no see!!!!

I don't really care about the time, as long as i can play them at night, with all lights off, and if there is raining, thats better!!!!!

Anyway, i love to explore everything.
                            Last edited by RE-Hiro; 09-01-2009, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Personally I nearly always play my games the same way, visit everywhere even if I don't have to. About the only thing I change from one playthrough to another is usually skipping the cutscenes after I've played the game for the 100th time!

Comment

Working...
                              X