Survivor - Guncon Gossible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survivor - Guncon Gossible?

I'm just curious if anyone has ever looked into it before. I can't imagine they would strip out all the code that would make the guncon work. Anyone ever try mucking about in the files to activate it?

I would how wonder the guncon's work period unless your using the guncon 2 the older ones dont have a dpad to move your character

Comment

Funny you should mention that... I was thinking about the exact same thing last night, if it'd be possible to simply re-activate the Guncon support in the US version (as I refuse to believe they put a lot of effort into removing it)

Probably only requires a quick comparison of the main exes + a quick monitoring of the system memory of all 3 (or at least two) to quickly find a way to reactivate it (as I really do doubt they went out of their way to remove it)
      Last edited by Carnivol; 09-05-2009, 02:35 PM.

Comment

SLPS-02553 doesn't support guncon either which is odd cos capkore SLPM-86749 does.
        You should maybe do a file comparison between SLUS-01087, SLES-02732 and
        SLES-02744, I have SLES-02732 if you need a file list / md5 hashes.
        Last edited by kevstah2004; 09-05-2009, 02:46 PM.
        If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
          SLPS-02553 doesn't support guncon either
          What? It says right on the back insert that it supports GC?

Not to mention the "Rescue Shot Bubibo and Bio Gun Survivor Trial Versions for GunCon" demo disc which was distributed by Namco with GunCons... (though if you ask me, I'm not sure if this was given to whoever bought a GC at a specific time, it seems too rare for that).
          Last edited by Anders; 09-05-2009, 02:56 PM.
          lostreleases // demopals

Comment

I was going by the back cover the logo is missing

although above the warning it say Guncon on both.
            The original release makes it out as if it only supports the digital controller and dual shock controller whilst the capkore version supports Guncon and the dual shock contoller.
            EDIT: SLPH-00034 is the GUNCON the logo threw me it doesn't even look like a gun it's the same as a controller.
            Last edited by kevstah2004; 09-05-2009, 03:22 PM.

sigpic

Comment

I've never looked at Guncon stuff in general, so I don't know how it handles the PAL/NTSC conversion for screen positioning and stuff, which is why I (just in case) would need to have access to multiple versions to take a look at this.

Unfortunately, as I just told Dot50Cal, I can't even find my PAL copy of the game right now. So I've not got a single version (sans the demo) to check things in at the moment.

And, yeah, to my knowledge, it's only the US version that doesn't support the GunCon (with the, probably true, rumor story being that Gun + GunCon support was killed 'cause of the whole school shootings + violent video games thing)

[edit]
              And, oh, there's just a different compatibility logo on the back of the re-release (Basically, instead of saying it supports the SLPH... whatever the heck the GunCon was, it says it supports gun controllers,I think. Kinda hard to make out what that replacement logo says, but there's at least something about Gun controller on the first on line)
              Last edited by Carnivol; 09-05-2009, 03:06 PM.

Comment

The created FileList is showing 8hours in front of what my DVD drive says ugh???
                Last edited by kevstah2004; 09-05-2009, 03:41 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X