Nintendo Power Darkside Chronicles Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nintendo Power Darkside Chronicles Preview

I read the preview for DSC in the latest issue of Nintendo Power while I was out today running some errands. I would have bought the magazine to scan the article, but there was only one new screenshot, and it was of Birkin getting shot up by HUNK's team. Also, there really wasn't a whole lot of new information included, so I didn't see much point.

Even so, I thought I'd summarize some of the more interesting points for everyone here. Some of this information is rather spoilerish, so I'll be using spoiler tags for the benefit of those who are trying to avoid such details. The article described a single level from each of the three scenarios. The level in the Operation: Javier scenario was the same one on display at TGS, and the level in the RE2 scenario was, I believe, the first level, and they played up until the point where Leon and Claire first meet Sherry.

The CODE: Veronica scenario was the only one that provided any new details. If the first level was what was on display at TGS, then this wasn't it. It may have been the level directly after, but in any case, it was a level (and boss battle, for that matter) we have not yet seen. So, here's where the spoilers start.

Spoiler:

Regarding the decision to set the new scenario in South America, Kawata said that they wanted to set it in a place the series has never been to before, and they wanted a more exotic locale where they could come up with "interesting names" for characters. Also, they had developed a brand new lighting engine for DSC and wanted to show it off in a daylight setting to contrast the relatively dark RE2 and CV scenarios.

He also made an interesting note about Javier's relationship with a certain character:

Spoiler:

He also explained why they didn't put an RE4 scenario in the game. Initially, they had considered adding one, but the idea was scrapped when they couldn't figure out how to give Leon a partner character through the entire scenario, since Ashley can't use weapons, Luis dies, and Ada isn't working directly with Leon.

As I said, there wasn't a whole lot new, but some interesting tidbits nonetheless.

Wow, that was very interesting! Thanks for taking the time to post this! ♥
    sigpic

Comment

Nice.

Spoiler:

Comment

I was a little hoping that the RE4 will made it into the game as a single player scenario (like Wesker's scenarios in UC) but I guess I got too much hope, lol. Not blaming them though.

Comment

Nicely done Arc. I didn't read the spoilers, although I probably can deduce what they are, but the rest of it sounds great. I'm so eager to play this game.

My only fear about this game is that, it very well could be the last appearance of Ada Wong. If you look at the way things stand now, there is really nothing tying her down to anything in the storyline. Wesker is dead, and Leon is the only link between her and the story. Unless the "Organization" decided to make themselves known, be it friend or foe.

Comment

Nice article. Im not surprised claire doesn't meet Wesker to be honest. The original games still take precident after all so its no big loss. But Wesker watching Claire fly away is a nice added touch. As is Alexia/Alfred singing at the top of the cliff near the beginning. Hopefully there will be a few more nice added touches like this as they were few and far between in UC.
            "I've got 100 cows."
            "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Spoiler:
              Last edited by News Bot; 09-29-2009, 06:14 PM.
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I have a feeling that a lot of the original game will be cut out of the CV scenario. I mean, CVX was really long compared to the other core RE games...
                Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Not in terms of actual plot; the game just doubled up on backtracking for the most part. Otherwise, it'd be only an hour longer than other RE games at the most.
                  A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

Working...
                  X