Lisa Trevor and Uroboros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lisa Trevor and Uroboros

I got the idea from watching the Rebirth scenario in Umbrella Chronicles where Wesker says "nobody's perfect; not even you Lisa."

From REmake:
    -Lisa
    Administered [Progenitor] virus: Type-B
    Plasmolyzing of tissue during cell activation
    Virus fusion: Positive but delayed fusion.
    Body modification: Observed constant results.

From Wesker's Report 2:
    "Seven years ago, Birkin found signs of this effect in the female specimen. On the surface she had not changed at all, but internally, she changed continously and remained alive by merging and coexisting with all the experimental viruses she was administered. And the twenty-one years of internal mutation evolved her enough to accept the parasitic organism Nemesis."

Many people don't even think Wesker fully bonded with the Uroboros virus. But do you think Lisa could have?

In my opinion, I think she wouldn't have bonded COMPLETELY, but wouldn't mutate to a full-on blob (like Wesker in 5's final battle), as all the things inside of her rendered her practically immortal. I think her body would've handled it. That's just my opinion, though.

Comment

It's possible. I suspect Lisa was a Tyrant like Sergei - one of the people who wasn't just turned into a zombie, but with Umbrella's tinkering the Tyrant's got certain enhancements and a level of controlobility during there infection. Lisa was just a test subject until infected with the NE-Parasite, so she never got those upgrades but didn't waste away like other test subjects.

This would lead me to suspect that the people who ascended, who were didn't die from the progenator pollen may have also had the Tyrant gene. Maybe that particular tribe a much higher rate of the gene because the guy who had it was a chief, and would have the resources for a large number of children (increasing the chance of passing it on) and, possibly, several wives. Especially if, as the files suggest, they live for hundreds of years. And since in many communities the chief's succesor will marry one of his daughters, and the succesor must have the gene to survive the pollen as well, therefore making it even more likely that there child could have it.

Gene might be able to work this out in more detail. He's good at this stuff. My knowledge of genetics is relatively limited.

But if the two theories are correct...that Lisa had the Tyrant Gene and the same Gene is the one that allowed Ndipaya to survive the Stairway to the Sun ritual then yeah, she could have assimilated it. And since the Progenator is the base for the T-Virus it makes a certain sense that the same immunity would apply, although that's certainly not certain...the changes that created the T-Virus might mean it's a different gene.

Comment

It has nothing to do with Lisa's genetics really, it lies in the initial Progenitor variant she was injected with. Thats the whole point behind the file.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

It's been a while since I read the file, I must admit...but they never managed to create anything close to Lisa again did they? Wouldn't that suggest there was something unusual about her rather than the sample?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
            It's been a while since I read the file, I must admit...but they never managed to create anything close to Lisa again did they? Wouldn't that suggest there was something unusual about her rather than the sample?
            Actually, it has more to do with the fact that once she survived, she was subjected to countless experiments and further injections of Progenitor and eventually the T-virus. Lisa's invulnerability didn't actually arise until she was injected with the NE-alpha parasite. Her unusual physiology was the result of being a guinea pig for the numerous strains and variants of Progenitor and T, it wasn't a natural occurence that led to it.

Many people don't even think Wesker fully bonded with the Uroboros virus.
            This is pretty obvious. Wesker only bonded with a small amount of the tentacle leech postule things so he could kill Chris and Sheva, as he'd lost his powers by then. He didn't actually try bonding with the virus itself, just the tentacles.
            Last edited by News Bot; 10-18-2009, 01:22 PM.
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I know that was why she was difficult to kill once they decided to terminate her and why her intelligence level increased. I'm talking more about the fact that she survived when others didn't. No other samples survived, even the same sample batch (Jessica, her own mother, was killed by it).

Therefore, it seems a sensible conclusion to assume that Lisa was somehow different and therefore able to co-exist with the virus to a point. It took Birkin many years to do the same thing again, I seem to recall, and he used test data from Lisa to do it.

Comment

Working...
              X