Movie Umbrella > Game Umbrella

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So yes, Umbrella fucked up like usual.
    Uhh, no. Sorry, wrong again. The UBCS are disposable guinea pigs. They didn't expect them to be completely wiped out, but they didn't give a shit.

Again Umbrella employees = Umbrella.
    Explain to me very clearly how former/renegade Umbrella employees who do not associate themselves with Umbrella in their goals represent Umbrella.

Well that's terrific. I'm so glad those countless influential global figures played such a pivotel role in preventing Umbrella being taken down by Wesker and the BSAA.
    ...oh wait.
    Dead Aim = 2002
    Umbrella's End = 2003

That's the most fucking retarded analogy ever. Seriously. 9/11 conspiracy theories say that the government hijacked its own planes full of civilians to crash into buildings fall of civilians to justify a war.
    Nuking Raccooon City killed a bunch of people who were already "dead" and prevented millions more from potetntially suffering the same horrible fate.
    You misunderstood what I said and since you're being an argumentive little fuck I'm not even going to bother explaining it to you.

Someone over-estimates how hard it is to get a small nuclear device. It's been done countless times in fiction and by far less influential and financed groups than Movie Umbrella.
    Someone needs to stop referring to me as someone before I serve his scrotum on a barbed wire plate. A pharmaceutical company launching a nuclear weapon and not being torn into the ground is complete and utter tripelant bullshit.

RE1: One of their oldest, most prolific labs destroyed.
    Yet they still didn't count it as a failure. They instead made it worthwhile.

RE2 and 3: Botched assassion on William Birkin results in citywide outbreak.
    Ozwell E. Spencer from the beginning placed the Arklay Research Facility in the middle of a forest outside a town because he wanted the shit to hit the fan and the virus to get out. That was part of his plans, and a full live field test was required. Umbrella failed to initially retrieve the virus for reasons outside of their control. A monster wiping out the team is not a direct failure due to them being retarded or whatever stupid shit you want to come up with to make the movies seem half-intelligent.

CVX: Umbrella leaves one of its facilities in the hands of a blatant psychotic.
    Umbrella did not care for Rockfort Island or the Antarctic Base. Joel Allman (Umbrella USA Vice President) for example, does not give a flying shit about Alfred Ashford.

Survivor: Umbrella's own employee destroys their one and only Tyrant production facility because of Umbrella.
    We don't know if it was their only Tyrant production facility. They were still rolling out Tyrants by say, 2002.

Umbrella Chronicles: Umbrella backs up all information into one location so it can be stolen by one man.
    Yes, hence why I didn't deny this.

By the way, instead of throwing around shit arguments for me to constantly shoot down, try proving your original point. Because right now you haven't given a single valid reason as to how movie Umbrella is somehow better than the series Umbrella. Anyway, the simple fact that the movie Umbrella failed to contain the T-virus already invalidates anything you say.
    Last edited by News Bot; 10-25-2009, 06:47 PM.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Weren't the UBCS just used to gather BOW data and protect Umbrella's assets?

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
        Weren't the UBCS just used to gather BOW data and protect Umbrella's assets?
        Yes, they are disposable cannon fodder.

Comment

Uhh, no. Sorry, wrong again. The UBCS are disposable guinea pigs. They didn't expect them to be completely wiped out, but they didn't give a shit.
          Again you fail for not understanding a very simple concept.
          Umbrella. Was. Wrong. Therefore they failed.
          Guess what? If the UBCs are wiped out, who brings Umbrella that data they like to suck on? Oh right...nobody. So underestimating their casaulties could have very well ended up with absolutely no one escaping alive to give them that information they wanted.
          In fact, jury is still out on Nicholai being alive or not I think. So they may very well have had every single member of the group sent in to collect data wiped out. Chalk up another failure.

Though I can't remember if the memo between Nicholai and Sergei in UC is dated after RE3... Hm.

Explain to me very clearly how former/renegade Umbrella employees who do not associate themselves with Umbrella in their goals represent Umbrella.
          I'm quite sure Goldam creating an army of T-103s reflected Umbrella's goals but whatever.

If they work for Umbrella, who cares if they're renegades? Umbrella pushed them to being renegades in the first place. Why was Birkin hogging his research? Because Umbrella threatened to take it away. Why did Birkin release the T-Virus? Because Umbrella sent in a hit squad on him.

THere'd be no Raccoon City incident at all if it wasn't for Umbrella sending those mena fter Birkin. Fact.

You misunderstood what I said and since you're being an argumentive little fuck I'm not even going to bother explaining it to you.
          Well your concession is accepted.

Dead Aim = 2002
          Umbrella's End = 2003
          Fair enough.

Someone needs to stop referring to me as someone before I serve his scrotum on a barbed wire plate. A pharmaceutical company launching a nuclear weapon and not being torn into the ground is complete and utter tripelant bullshit.
          Except that's the whole point; nobody knew they launched the nuke. It was covered up.

Ozwell E. Spencer from the beginning placed the Arklay Research Facility in the middle of a forest outside a town because he wanted the shit to hit the fan and the virus to get out. That was part of his plans, and a full live field test was required. Umbrella failed to initially retrieve the virus for reasons outside of their control. A monster wiping out the team is not a direct failure due to them being retarded or whatever stupid shit you want to come up with to make the movies seem half-intelligent.
          It was a mistake on Umbrella's part, pure and simple. Whether it was a mistake their executive liked does't change the fact it was neither intentional nor what most of Umbrella wanted seeing as I believe the crazy old bastard was alone in his ideas.

Umbrella did not care for Rockfort Island or the Antarctic Base. Joel Allman (Umbrella USA Vice President) for example, does not give a flying shit about Alfred Ashford.
          Well that's good they don't care about having a private island in the hands of a madman. I'm sure the millions of dollars in construction and maintainence as well as all the various biological weapons were of no value. Umbrella must pis Thousand dollar bills since they keep blowing up their mansions and islands.

\
          We don't know if it was their only Tyrant production facility. They were still rolling out Tyrants by say, 2002.
          Making Tyrants =/= Tyrant production facility. There has not been any indication there was any other Tyrant factory other than Sheena Island's. A few Tyrants years later doesn't nearly equal to how fast they were chucking them out.

By the way, instead of throwing around shit arguments for me to constantly shoot down, try proving your original point. Because right now you haven't given a single valid reason as to how movie Umbrella is somehow better than the series Umbrella. Anyway, the simple fact that the movie Umbrella failed to contain the T-virus already invalidates anything you say.
          I alreay proved my point. You refusing to accept it doesn't invalidate it I'm afraid.

But allow me to actually invalidate your point.
          No, failing to stop the T-Virus does not put them below Game Umbrella. Movie T-Virus can mutate at will. Namely this gives it the ability to be transmitted through the air. Game T-Virus has never been stated or shown to infect people in this manner.
          Heh, Movie T-Virus > Game T-Virus too.
          Last edited by Becky's Butt; 10-25-2009, 08:57 PM.

Comment

In all fairness, Movie Umbrella is as incompetent as Game Umbrella. Diferent stupidness, same result = Viral Outbreak which fucks a town.

Movie Umbrella's actions resulted in a Mad-Max esque wasteland world.
            Game Umbrella's actions resulted in increasing bioterrorism around the globe (Degeneration, Darkside Chronicles maybe?).
            So IMO both screw up big time.
            Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 10-25-2009, 09:20 PM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Umbrella. Was. Wrong. Therefore they failed.
              They weren't wrong. Time to shoot you down some more. *sigh*

who brings Umbrella that data they like to suck on?
              Supervisors. In Raccoon City's case, just Nicholai since he killed the others. They are assigned to carry out more secretive missions (Nicholai also doubled as an agent of Monitor, and was also most likely the most important member among the UBCS for this very reason).

And yes, they acquired combat data. All of the Hunters in the series beyond RE3 were created using the combat data from the Hunter Betas. The Gulp Worm was based on the Grave Digger, and Nemesis' combat data was also retrieved successfully. This also seals the deal on Nicholai's survival since he is the only one still alive who would have access to all of it.

The UBCS were guinea pigs/cannon fodder, nothing more and nothing less. The Supervisors (who are injected with better anti-bodies against the virus and given much better briefing on the situation with readily available escape routes and such) are the ones assigned to collect the combat data.

THere'd be no Raccoon City incident at all if it wasn't for Umbrella sending those mena fter Birkin. Fact.
              Not really, zombies were already showing up in Raccoon City around August.

Except that's the whole point; nobody knew they launched the nuke. It was covered up.
              Indeed, more bullshit. A nuclear warhead doesn't go unnoticed over American soil. Or any established nation for that matter. Its a retarded concept but thats not surprising coming from a shit set of movies.

Umbrella must pis Thousand dollar bills
              Haha actually its pretty much stated this is true. And everything you just said is also, true. Umbrella did not care for Rockfort Island or the Antarctic Base in the slightest. Once Edward Ashford died, the Ashford family and their bases were left to themselves. Umbrella also did not construct either facility, Alexander constructed the Antarctic Base while Alfred built the facilities on Rockfort Island, such as the Prison, Mansion and Military Training Facility. It is generally his island (it is also described as the Ashford's personal island by the developers) but is also used by Umbrella because they 1) Took it over in the first place and 2) Because Alfred was still an employee.

There has not been any indication there was any other Tyrant factory other than Sheena Island's.
              And there hasn't been anything said to the contrary, so don't even try throwing it around as if it's a fact.

Heh, Movie T-Virus > Game T-Virus too.
              Wow, you're grasping for some mighty thin straws now. A virus cannot be better than another virus. Thats an absurd thing to say. Whats better to you, Agent Orange or Napalm? Agent Orange destroys foilage while Napalm does the same but with fire. Thats precisely the same shit you just said. Wow.
              Last edited by News Bot; 10-25-2009, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X