Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full version of Still Dawn (PlayStation version) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full version of Still Dawn (PlayStation version) ?

Alright, I admit. I'm somewhat obsessed with this track. I'll get straight to the point though.

I'm looking for a complete version of Resident Evil 1's Still Dawn. I'm aware of the 3-minute BH Remix version, but there are things about that version that turn me off (the guitars and bass). So I'm asking for the version of Still Dawn that you hear in the game that uses only the PSone's sound chip. Does such a version exists?

tl;dr EDIT: Is there a longer version of this?
    Last edited by OKeijiDragon; 11-01-2009, 06:17 PM.
    If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

None that i'm aware of, PS1 soundchip? it's just a ps movie stream file that plays back on the credits with background music it sounds exactly the same on every system.
    The guitar reminds me of Noel's house party.
    Last edited by kevstah2004; 11-01-2009, 08:42 PM.
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

What you hear in the credits is the full song, I've looked/listened to the files on as many versions of Biohazard/Resident Evil PSX as I've found and it's the exact same length as what is on the original soundtrack (of course, the version put to the cutscenes is actually listed at 2:03 length, but that's because of the video transition/fade-out timing).

Nobody has recreated the Biohazard Remix length using soundchips from XA audio stream found on it. Of course, Roland synth can recreate it (example - Final Fantasy audio composed by Uematsu, the audio used in those games are played during the game on a set stream, instead of a full audio stream which is what has been used by Capcom).

In short, no. There isn't an extended version (to what I'm aware of) using the the exact sound limitations to the PlayStation chipset because it was recorded and replayed as a full audio track which is streamed/played with the credits in comparison to other games such as the example I've used that had each sound/instrument set to play within the game to create the song on the system. As it was a full-recording, the theme - as Kevstah has already said sounds the same on each system (excluding the versions of the game that featured the alternative songs/soundtrack).

Unless someone created a soundfont set using samples from Biohazard OR recreated sounds in-line with the restrictions at the time/recreated the audio wave types to have the same sound, then the only extended version you'll probably hear using that soundset is the original or Biohazard Remix album version. (I've personally looked for an extended version, or a fan recreation but have had no luck myself).

((Sorry, I'm terrible at explaining this sort of thing off the top of my memory - more than likely incorrect but it's what I can actually remember at the moment )).
      Last edited by Enetirnel; 11-06-2009, 08:04 AM.
      sigpic
      Non-blurry Signature Version
      Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Working...
      X