No announcement yet.

Could it be... RE4... ignored???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree with ur point about the developers, but its still the only official word on the matter, so to speak. that an the re5 file stating that re5 plagas came from a sample extracted from europe. the whole notion of wesker getting plagas off the black market makes no sense to me at all. irving even implies in his notes that plagas will not make a marketable weapon until he has made changes. i still firmly believe ada gave wesker a regular sample from assignment ada an she delivered the master plaga to the organisation, ie another present.
    "I've got 100 cows."
    "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Its also quite possible Wesker went to Europe himself after the incident and had a team recover the fossilised Plaga. They were still very much there by the end of the game. The mine was pretty much untouched.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

no that to way out there though, there would ahve been a hint to that if that were true, you cant really make speculation on soemthing unless you have reasoning to back it up. i mean why would wesker himself go to spain with a whole group just to recover one virus monster? he's never done it like that before :/ just doesnt make any sence
        sigpic

Comment

oh yes he done, in RE:CVX Wesker and HCF unit attacked Rockford island in order to obtain T-Veronica virus
          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Itashious_boy View Post
            no that to way out there though, there would ahve been a hint to that if that were true, you cant really make speculation on soemthing unless you have reasoning to back it up. i mean why would wesker himself go to spain with a whole group just to recover one virus monster? he's never done it like that before :/ just doesnt make any sence
            Uhh, have you ever played Code: Veronica?

The man led an entire full-on-assault on an island in the South Seas, then another raid on a facility in the Antarctic. Going to Spain and walking for a while is not really out of character for him, especially considering the vast amount of Plaga he would be able to retrieve and the possibility of stumbling upon even more stuff.

Comment

Ada is where Wesker got the Plagas from. The only question is whether it was a "parasite body" (kiseitai, the ones collected by players in ADA THE SPY) or a "dominant species" (shihaishu, translated to "Master Plaga" and "Control Plaga" in the two games, and collected by players in the another order) sample. Or both. Judging from the turn of events, it was both.

If the "organization" is to ever become a plot point again (being the last unexplored bit of the old storyline), there will probably be a definite answer. Until then, let's not theorize about black market contacts and rogue missions in Spain.

The concept of being wrong sometimes is one of the hardest for humans to comprehend.

Comment

Sorry, but your explanation just doesn't make an inkling of sense.

Why would The Organization, a rival company to Umbrella, willingly give Albert Wesker, a traitor, the things they have been seeking themselves, which he is going to give to yet another rival company? Why would Ada willingly do it, despite Seperate Ways itself pointing to her being a "good" character overall? They already knew he was in contact with Tricell and knew thats where he'd make his move. Why did they supply him with something that could bring him ever closer to world dominance?

And I'm pretty sure the "Master/Dominant species" Plaga is different from the Control Plaga. Salazar and Mendez having one each doesn't make it seem very special, and Saddler's displays additional abilities.

If you can prove it without a shadow of a doubt I'll believe you though of course. I just can't wrap my head around it haha. I wish we could ask Capcom about this shit.
                Last edited by News Bot; 11-07-2009, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                  If you can prove it without a shadow of a doubt I'll believe you though of course. I just can't wrap my head around it haha. I wish we could ask Capcom about this shit.
                  Whatever happened to that interview Biohaze was supposed to do with Takeuchi?

Comment

Prime Blue, can you do me a favour? One of Krauser's lines says:

Originally posted by Jack Krauser
                    "The sample Saddler developed, thats all."
                    What is this in the Japanese version? Krauser implies that the Master Plaga sample is artificial. We may get closer to a concrete resolution if we know exactly WHAT the thing is. It holds quite a lot of importance in the game, which would be kind of retarded if it was just a generic Control Plaga.
                    Last edited by News Bot; 11-07-2009, 06:34 PM.

Comment

The 'another present' line still holds revelance though. In RE5 no one is in total control of all the majini like saddler was in re4, implying that no master plaga is involved because Wesker never got it. But there are plenty of control plagas in re5 so i'm assuming they are different things.
                      "I've got 100 cows."
                      "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                        The 'another present' line still holds revelance though. In RE5 no one is in total control of all the majini like saddler was in re4, implying that no master plaga is involved because Wesker never got it. But there are plenty of control plagas in re5 so i'm assuming they are different things.
                        This is what I assumed, that the Subordinate, Control and Master Plaga were all seperate. Krauser's line only accentuates that belief. The developers you mentioned in the official guide also mentioned just one sample, so its possible he only got a Subordinate or Control Plaga... but that doesn't explain how he ended up with the other.

So confusing. Way to go Capcom.

Comment

Why would The Organization, a rival company to Umbrella, willingly give Albert Wesker, a traitor, the things they have been seeking themselves, which he is going to give to yet another rival company? Why would Ada willingly do it, despite Seperate Ways itself pointing to her being a "good" character overall? They already knew he was in contact with Tricell and knew thats where he'd make his move. Why did they supply him with something that could bring him ever closer to world dominance?
                          I don't know.

And I'm pretty sure the "Master/Dominant species" Plaga is different from the Control Plaga. Salazar and Mendez having one each doesn't make it seem very special, and Saddler's displays additional abilities.
                          At least, the distinction does not exist in the Japanese version and was introduced in the process of localization (like the old "Mother Virus" and "Progenitor Virus" debate). So apparently Saddler's is the same as the others, but Ada's Report says he possesses a "secret art", connecting it to the unique ability the Salazar family used to control the Plagas: the special ceremonial staffs emitting sound waves (through "some mechanism") that an organ of the parasite bodies can sense. That seems to be Saddler's only advantage.

What is this in the Japanese version? Krauser implies that the Master Plaga sample is artificial. We may get closer to a concrete resolution if we know exactly WHAT the thing is. It holds quite a lot of importance in the game, which would be kind of retarded if it was just a generic Control Plaga.
                          Translated the scene some time ago. "Raised" as in "cultivated" or "bred". So, a common parasite body sample that was developed further.

The developers you mentioned in the official guide also mentioned just one sample, so its possible he only got a Subordinate or Control Plaga... but that doesn't explain how he ended up with the other.
                          There is no plural for things in Japanese, so it can be translated either as "sample" or "samples", depending on the context.
                          Last edited by Guest; 11-08-2009, 09:12 AM.

Comment

-delete-
                            Last edited by xfactor; 11-07-2009, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Ahh, well I suppose thats good enough for me. Thanks for the help Prime Blue. If you know of any other mistranslations, please let me know. Would be sort of counter-productive letting wrong info pass through. Hah.

Comment

From Adas Report:

"With the sanctuary of their old Umbrella ruined, those in power struggle to erect a new one. They are aware of their own crookedness and deceit as they engage in their personal war of light and darkness. That's why Wesker will stop at nothing in opening his new Umbrella."

What is with Weskers new Umbrella? Someone an idea why this was ignored in RE5?

Comment

Working...
                                X