No announcement yet.

Operation Javier vs. Umbrella's End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with those who think that OJ (and even UE) should have been standalone games, either in the old RE style or RE4/RE5 style. They would have been much more interesting if we would have had full control over the characters' movements.

I have to say that while I like the story and environments of OJ better, the overall "feel" of UE was pretty cool. Although the levels themselves were pretty boring (save for the first chapter, outside in the snow), playing as Chris and Jill while infiltrating Umbrella's last base of operations was nice. And of course, Wesker's side of things was amazing, as well.

It makes me sad that Wesker was not playable for a chapter or two during OJ. It would have been cool if he had been more directly behind-the-scenes, as opposed to just standing on the cliff top.

How did he get to the top of the cliff? What B.O.W.s did he face to get there? This should have been a chapter!
    Last edited by Det. Beauregard; 12-06-2009, 01:30 PM.
    Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Each had there good and bad points Umbrella's End just seemed weak as it was just a rip off more or less and was all about shoot as many BOWs as possible. I liked how it showed a final end to Umbrella and how Wesker got the data. Operation Javier had a nice little story to it put it could be put into the vein as Survivor or Dead Aim that it's not important to the over all story of RE. Maybe if a little more was said about Krauser, kinda disappointed more was revealed or tied in with other RE storylines.

Comment

Probably Umbrella's End in my opinion. I like Jill, the first chapter was awesome, Krauser (and Leon, but not so much here) pisses me off, Operation Javier kind of bored me in places.

The only thing from Operation Javier I really liked was in Chapter 5 when Manuela realises the thing about feeling pain etc. etc. etc. and her death in the "bad" ending was, well, kinda beautiful. Wow, that sounded morbid.

Comment

Both scenarios are nice additions to the overall RE lore; and both go over the top sometimes, let's say final boss fights; but really they're the real point of interest from the chronicles series (except for the "behind the scenes" scenarios like Nightmare, Rebirth, Death's Door, etc.).

T-A.L.O.S. was ludicrous but reasonable at the same time. Umbrella's main goal (not Spencer's since we know what the old guy really wanted) was developing a superior BOW, and a computer-controlled, armored and missile-equipped tyrant sounds like that ideal. Shame it turned into such a lame boss fight .
          But Umbrella's end is not the same without the additions from the sub-chapters / secret scenarios.

Operation Javier went for a better narrative and emotional story, which in my opinion works very well. Manuela's story and Krauser's evil debacle tie in little facts from other games, and the change of scenario to a south american jungle was very, very nice.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Working...
          X