Your favourite moment in Darkside Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favourite moment in Darkside Chronicles

Okay, so the majority of us are fairly disappointed in Darkside Chronicles, or at least a little unimpressed. But I think we can agree that it has its moments, if in the minority. So whats your favourite moment?

For me, its the introduction to the Licker. As soon as you enter that room on the left of the RPD's main hall, and walk past the window, I was thinking, "will the Licker scurry past like in RE2?", and it did, and I was very happy!

Then you enter through the door, its incredibly dark and you can see blood everywhere, and you know that the Licker is incredibly dangerous. Absolutely fantastic. Its moments like that that make me want an RE2 Remake that much more!

"I won this game"......"I'm pretty much sure I know who it belongs to" fucking amazing
    Last edited by Dark_Chris; 12-18-2009, 09:35 AM.
    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
      "I won this game"......"I pretty much know who it belongs to" fucking amazing
      I agree, probably my second favourite scene. Simple but powerful scene I can see that being the popular choice here.

Comment

My favorite scene would probably be Annette's scene with William, Darkside Chronicles put Annette in such a great new light, seeing her crying to Leon and Claire asking them to tell Sherry that she always loved her...broke me down.

Comment

I really liked finding that corridor in the RPD covered in blood too. Looked pretty awesome.

I also really like the way Krauser acts during the first zombie encounter. He turns and looks at Leon and takes his eyes off the zombie (because he doesn't know it's dangerous). I really like small touches like that.
          sigpic

Comment

Alfred walking backwards down the stairs. I laughed for a good ten minutes when I saw that.

Comment

Ada and Leon kissing. ;)

Comment

BEWARE OF THE LONG POST!!!

Spoiler:

Comment

I really liked the end of RE2, where Leon told Sherry about her mother. Very emotional.

Also, as previously mentioned, "I won this game."
                  Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

The overall presentation was pretty good. Enjoyed the staff roll most as it's backed up by such a wonderful composition.

Comment

I liked a lot of things in the RE2 (Memories of a lost city) chapters.

It was so great to see so many areas of Raccoon City recreated so well. I was in heaven... and the Tyrant and Birkin forms were also done really well and Lickers too.

If I had to pick a moment it might be the ending FMV with Birkin's final G-5 form on the back of the train. The original movie in RE2 was awesome and ground breaking for its time. I actually thought they did it justice all these years later.
                      Watching that I thought about how nice it would be to sit back and watch an entire CGi movie based on RE2.

Comment

-I found most of the Code: Veronica segments to be extremely pleasing. I was a huge Code: Veronica fan back in the day (as, I suspect, many were). I am one of the rare ones though, that don't remember especially fondly Chris's segments of the game. Personally, I found them rather boring. So, I wasn't upset at all to see those segments removed.

-The cut-scenes were extremely well done.

-A lot of the characters looked great (save for Claire, whose face seemed to look different in every shot of it).

-Nostalgia of re-visiting police station IN the RE2 setting.

Comment

What I would say has pretty much already been summarized by everyone else.

I'll just highlight the "I've won this game", Annette's death and Leon's RE2 persona, as everyone as already said.

Comment

Another I forgot:

The zombie that drops into the basketball court in the RE2 section. I thought that it was just some dude that had commited suicide. I was a bit disappointed when he got up as a zombie.
                            sigpic

Comment

There were plenty of little highlights, many of which mentioned above. I liked how the story was told, switching from present day, to flashback and back. Nice touch.

But the Chris-Wesker faceoff scene was perfect, I would go so far as to say it was one of the most powerful moments of the entire series, not just this game. It's just a shame this came out post RE5. Knowing what becomes of them both beforehand softens the impact a little I guess.
                              "I've got 100 cows."
                              "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Working...
                              X