Devil May Cry Trial Editions investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devil May Cry Trial Editions investigation

Hi guys, this topic is for hacking the trial versions of Devil May Cry. I want to know How can I fully unlock a debug Menu, extract textures and sound files. I want to know everything about them and what software do I need to hack them and extract secret files.
    I'm really curious to see what remnants of RE4 are on there.this should be interesting to investigate.

Thanks

Last edited by ashkan; 01-20-2010, 08:01 AM.

Well, I don't think this trial edition has a debug menu... Do we even know if there's some "hidden" content in the disk?

Comment

what do you hope to find on the disc??its easy to extract the sounds,voices,tim2 files and the cutscenes.
      or do you want some other help for some other ps 1 Re demos??

Comment

No inspections of the Devil May Cry 1 trial has given birth to any interesting fruit so far...

However, it's worth noting that Japan has had several previews of this game.

There's a video on PlayPlay 2 vol. 1 (April 2001) (PCPX-96611) which, if memory serves me right, contains Dante in a different outfit from the final version.

There's also a playable demo in PlayPlay 2 vol. 2 (August 2001) (PCPX-96616), with the label "Devil May Cry - Trial Edition Ver. 2 (SLPM-61010)", which is probably just an updated version of the demo that was packed in with Code: Veronica.
        Last edited by Carnivol; 12-28-2009, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
          Well, I don't think this trial edition has a debug menu... Do we even know if there's some "hidden" content in the disk?
          I believe that there must be a way to unlock that debug menu like the other games that people did.

Originally posted by Robert_Kendo View Post
          what do you hope to find on the disc??its easy to extract the sounds,voices,tim2 files and the cutscenes.
          or do you want some other help for some other ps 1 Re demos??
          I want to know everything I need to know about hacking these trials.
          I have a US version now. also I will receive a Japanese trial version 1 soon which is the oldest one. I think it is the best chance for investigation. also I remember that @Inflames said that he found some textures from Biohazard 3, He believed that most textures came from the clock tower area, a painting, clock puzzle stuff, mine thrower, grenade rounds, herbs, ink ribbon but no player/enemy textures.
          So what can I do for the first step? what tools do I need to extract some textures?

Thanks in advance for helping

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
          No inspections of the Devil May Cry 1 trial has given birth to any interesting fruit so far...

However, it's worth noting that Japan has had several previews of this game.

There's a video on PlayPlay 2 vol. 1 (April 2001) (PCPX-96611) which, if memory serves me right, contains Dante in a different outfit from the final version.

There's also a playable demo in PlayPlay 2 vol. 2 (August 2001) (PCPX-96616), with the label "Devil May Cry - Trial Edition Ver. 2 (SLPM-61010)", which is probably just an updated version of the demo that was packed in with Code: Veronica.
          Thanks for the info.
          Last edited by ashkan; 12-28-2009, 03:57 PM.

Comment

I don't remember the file structure right now for the game, but it's a high probability that the game uses .ASF archives (possibly renamed), so try to use something like AFS Explorer to extract the files from them (assuming there are ASF files there)

Mark might've made some game specific tools for DMC too. Don't remember.

.PSS files are movie files (mpeg2 video streams with ADX audio, iirc)

There is a command line tool made specifically for converting the TIM2 texture of Devil May Cry. I don't remember its name, but I used it for the conversion of the Versus mock up screens that I lifted from the PS2 version of Code: Veronica (as the dreamcast texture tools couldn't properly handle the dreamcast equivalents of the same files)

[edit]
            I think I left links for some tools in the post about Code: Veronica. It's the 1st of April news post from this year. Heavy on butter and all that.
            Last edited by Carnivol; 12-28-2009, 04:00 PM.

Comment

if its a little help your you,i can send you a ADX, Converter,a AFS Explorer and a SFD opener to open the sound and voice files and the cutscenes

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                I don't remember the file structure right now for the game, but it's a high probability that the game uses .ASF archives (possibly renamed), so try to use something like AFS Explorer to extract the files from them (assuming there are ASF files there)

Mark might've made some game specific tools for DMC too. Don't remember.

.PSS files are movie files (mpeg2 video streams with ADX audio, iirc)

There is a command line tool made specifically for converting the TIM2 texture of Devil May Cry. I don't remember its name, but I used it for the conversion of the Versus mock up screens that I lifted from the PS2 version of Code: Veronica (as the dreamcast texture tools couldn't properly handle the dreamcast equivalents of the same files)

[edit]
                I think I left links for some tools in the post about Code: Veronica. It's the 1st of April news post from this year. Heavy on butter and all that.
                Thanks. I'm using "PSS Plex" for .PSS formats and I'm using "Game Graphic Studio" for .TM2 and .DAT formats. I don't have any problem with those formats. but I want to go deeper to extract some textures from Dante's clothes, hand made guns, walls and doors and etc for example.

if its a little help your you,i can send you a ADX, Converter,a AFS Explorer and a SFD opener to open the sound and voice files and the cutscenes
                Really? thanks in advance Robert. that would be great!
                Last edited by ashkan; 12-28-2009, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Well, as far as debug goes, DMC doesn't run on the same engine, so it probably doesn't follow the same debug activation system as RE4 does (but feel free to try. What was it again? Capcom.ini that needs the right lines added?). Never tried to active debug in it, though...

Comment

here are my tools:

Ive someone have some tools to open textures and items etc,please let me know..i need this tools...

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I uploaded that a while back not sure what build it is the life bar is different though.
                      If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

here are my tools:

Ive someone have some tools to open textures and items etc,please let me know..i need this tools...
                        Thanks in advance Robert! finally I have succeeded to download it.

Comment

thats good..its very easy tu use this tools,but test it by yourself

Comment

thats good..its very easy tu use this tools,but test it by yourself
                            How can I use AFS Explorer? what formats must be selected to load AFS files?

thanks

Comment

you have to open the big files on the disc with AFS explorer..i am not sure if this programm runs for devil may cry,because ive only tested it on the resident evil ps2 discs

Comment

Working...
                              X