Favorite title?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
    Who said a midget running around made it a great story? I missed the part of the thread.
    sorry stu i'm just saying...

Comment

No one said RE4 had a great story. That is a valid criticism of the game, because its story wasn't that great. This "debate" is because one member is saying he/she thinks the game had too much ammo, therefore the entire game and its gameplay are shit.

The ammo balance in the first playthrough is just right for an action title (not a survival horror title), and if he/she is referring to a second playthrough, then we have to take into account what we are comparing it to.

RE1 - If you complete it in a certain amount of time, you unlock an infinite launcher straight away. This allows you to breeze through the game in no time at all.

RE2 - Again, if you complete it quick enough, you can unlock an infinite launcher straight off the mark.

RE3 - Well, what can't you unlock? With the addition of the Mercenaries mini game, you can unlock an infinite AR, infinite chain gun, infinite rocket launcher and infinite ammo for every weapon in the entire game. On Hard Mode, if you pick up the Nemesis pick ups, it's even possible to unlock infinite ammo for a weapon of your choosing within the FIRST playthrough. This is a first for any RE game.

RE5 - Again, with the upgrades, you can unlock infinite ammo for any weapon in the game, as well as an infinite rocket launcher, Gatling gun, Hydra etc.

If we're going to criticize RE4 for having a lot of ammo in the second/third playthrough, what about the rest of the RE titles? Are they just going to be ignored then because we don't like RE4?

RE5 had better characters and a better storyline than RE4, that's a fair point. However I'm still yet to see valid criticism about the gameplay from KylieDog. "Too much ammo on the second run, it's shit" isn't really good enough. If that's the case, we have to say that about every RE title, so every RE game is shit, so why are we even here? Congrats though, Harry, you've done what I've been asking KylieDog to do for my last 3/4 posts, make a valid criticism of RE4!
      Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 01-09-2010, 08:12 AM.

Comment

lol your welcome

Comment

Knew I wasted my time, choosing to purposely be short sighted on every point I make. I hope for you sake was on purpose anyway.
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Every point you make? The only point you've made is "RE4 had too much ammo - it's shit", and "RE5 had less inventory slots - it's good". Both of which are your opinions. Why am I being short sighted? I find it bizarre that most other users who've replied in this topic agree with me, yet I'm the one that's wrong. ;) I also like how you YET AGAIN fail to address any points made in my post and continue to rattle on with the same drivvel. Do you think if you say "RE4 had too much ammo" enough, you'll hypnotize me into believing you?

Stu, MoS, sorry to break the news, but we are all short-sighted individuals because we do not agree with KylieDog.
            Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 01-09-2010, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Oh please, you break the posts apart to 'counter' one small part even though if you kept it whole your 'counter' is voided, which is probably why you broke my post apart so much. It is another form of the dismissing points tactic I mentioned, instead of tackle full points you break the post apart so the stong full argument is made to look weaker than it actually is.

Then to add to it you don't even make a proper counter argument to what I actually type, which again is just the dismissing of arguments. I'm pretty sure you are smart enough to know "is like having a infinite rocket launcher to wipe out a single ganado, only RE4 is slightly more subtle." was not direct example of rocket vs ganado, hence the RE4/subtle point, yet you reply "Which you could unlock in... let's think. RE1, RE2, RE3, and RE5." and act like I was talking about rockets vs gnado as a full example? That is either being very short sighted or purposely trying to avoid a direct tackle on the subject.

This really is the last post I waste in reply to you, please feel free to try and take another pop after I walk away. I do not care, I have better things to do.

Comment

Sorry to Alexia and all others involved, but I find this all hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                  Oh please, you break the posts apart to 'counter' one small part even though if you kept it whole your 'counter' is voided, which is probably why you broke my post apart so much. It is another form of the dismissing points tactic I mentioned, instead of tackle full points you break the post apart so the stong full argument is made to look weaker than it actually is.
                  This might be the best thing i've ever read on the internet. As one great big pile of shit it makes sense, but when you break it into much smaller shits it becomes nonsense?!

Comment

This might be the best thing i've ever read on the internet. As one great big pile of shit it makes sense, but when you break it into much smaller shits it becomes nonsense?!
                    Haha. Thanks man, you made my day.
                    Last edited by jagger916; 01-09-2010, 11:22 AM.

Comment

I think this is the equivalent of you putting your fingers in your ears and singing "la la la" while ignoring every post anyone else has made in this topic other than you. I've not evaded any points. Every point you've made, I've addressed. I've, however, asked you probably 5 times now to give me a valid criticism of RE4. You've failed to do that. In every post you make, you ramble on about how there's too much ammo in RE4, period. That's all you've said, nothing else. Your argument was weak, I didn't need to make it look weaker.

Let me break this down for you, because obviously you are struggling to comprehend what I am trying to say. YOUR ONLY CRITICISM THUS FAR IS TOO MUCH AMMO. That, my dear, is called an opinion.

Spoiler:

Your opinion is not a fact. I wouldn't have had a problem if you'd said "IMO, RE4 had too much ammo so I didn't enjoy it". To point blank say "It makes the entire game shit" is narrow minded, ignorant, arrogant and pretentious. Get over yourself.

Your likening to having an infinite rocket launcher per Ganado was exactly a full example, because you have nowhere near that much ammo in the first runthrough. If you did, it would have been in the second or third playthrough, for which you had an infinite launcher in every other Resident Evil so it cannot be compared, unless you're a fan of employing selective/biased arguments. The ammo: enemy ratio in the first runthrough of RE4 in either normal or professional modes had a balanced amount of ammo.

To me, this sounds like a bruised ego and a last attempt to scratch any ounce of respectability for yourself. All RE games had a lot of ammo after the first playthrough, so the fact RE4 lets you carry your shit into a new runthrough which leads to an abundance of ammo is not a valid reason to call the entire game "shit". Any RE game would be shit by that standard. It's a complete-non issue for an action-orientated game to begin with, anyway. Perhaps you have the "horror" and "action" genres confused.

Comment

I miss the zombies.

Comment

Lmfao. This is the most I've laughed at a post in a couple of weeks now.

Comment

Then to add to it you don't even make a proper counter argument to what I actually type, which again is just the dismissing of arguments. I'm pretty sure you are smart enough to know "is like having a infinite rocket launcher to wipe out a single ganado, only RE4 is slightly more subtle." was not direct example of rocket vs ganado, hence the RE4/subtle point, yet you reply "Which you could unlock in... let's think. RE1, RE2, RE3, and RE5." and act like I was talking about rockets vs gnado as a full example? That is either being very short sighted or purposely trying to avoid a direct tackle on the subject.

This really is the last post I waste in reply to you, please feel free to try and take another pop after I walk away. I do not care, I have better things to do.

Holy shit, the ego in the elitist is truly strong with this one. Damn I can't stop laughing, this thread has made my day.
                            Last edited by Zombie Fred; 01-09-2010, 11:27 AM.

Comment

More like cannot conquer a castle, so instead get a pile of bricks, conquer those and call it the same thing.

Comment

More like cannot conquer a castle, so instead get a pile of bricks, conquer those and call it the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X