Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone still play ps2 outbreak online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone still play ps2 outbreak online?

does anyone play resident evil outbreak file 1 for the playstation still? im thinking about hooking up the internet to my ps2 and playing again. but dont want to if no one is playing lol

I would if I could but I can't. Can't afford a Jap PS2, can't afford a Jap Outbreak, can't afford the subscription a month.

I've been wanting to bash outbreak again for a while but I can't stand solo.

Comment

i used to play games online but dont remember if i played outbreak or not. like it was fun single player so i bet its awesome multiplayer. wish they'd make another for 360.

Comment

Some of us played a while back. I know randomwab would like to go back and play it more sometime. We might get back into it eventually. I still have all the re-translation project files Dot was doing for the games, somewhere.

You do know that to play Outbreak online these days you need either a hacked copy w/modded system or a JP PS2 and JP copy of the game and a monthly subscription right? It's not as easy as just hooking up the network cable and playing anymore, since they shut down the non-JP servers.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, It's a dang shame really. I own Both JP Outbreaks. And would so love ot play online! But the only thing holding me back is the subscription. What exactly is this re-translation project? My guess is translating the JP Outbreaks? sounds pretty cool!

Comment

There was a thread made about this already

http://www.the-horror.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4090

Comment

I play, but no one cares that I do!

Comment

Originally posted by The_15th View Post
                I play, but no one cares that I do!
                I take you pay monthly to do so then? I always hoped someone would do what others did with the old Phantasy Star online for the Dreamcast. But I guess it's not possible with Outbreak as from what I can remember you can't enter your IP/Gateway etc.. in manually
                Last edited by Hunk_4TH; 01-11-2010, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunk_4TH View Post
                  I take you pay monthly to do so then? I always hoped someone would do what others did with the old Phantasy Star online for the Dreamcast. But I guess it's not possible with Outbreak as from what I can remember you can't enter your IP/Gateway etc.. in manually
                  I know what you mean, SCHTHACK have a free private server for Phantasy Star Online that anyone can play on provided they have either the Dreamcast, Gamecube or PC version of the game. I myself have played on there a bit with my Gamecube version. Sega had a monthly subscription game that had finished it's profitable usefulness and so ended it, released the network source code and basically said "have at it guys!".

Now I'm not quite sure who has or ran what but what I do know is Capcom didn't own or run the servers, it was a company called Snap (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and they owned the network code for the game. Because they have completely gone out of the game hosting service, they no longer support either Outbreak game nor are willing to release the network source code. Now this is only what I've heard but if this is true, who is hosting the Japanese servers?

Comment

Snap was NOKIA. The Japanese servers are handled by KDDI, a Japanese Phone Company.

Comment

I see, Still a shame they charge. How much exactly do they charge?
                      Last edited by Hunk_4TH; 01-13-2010, 11:20 PM.

Comment

10-15$ a month. They ban people I don't know why. I always shut down my PS2 instead of logging off properly. I dunno if that's why I still have my account from 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by The_15th View Post
                          10-15$ a month. They ban people I don't know why. I always shut down my PS2 instead of logging off properly. I dunno if that's why I still have my account from 2007.
                          That's not too bad. Oh really? I was reading about people getting banned in the other thread. That's strange. do you still play online? I own both JP versions but never bothered with the hassle of signing up. Nor do I even know the site :p
                          Last edited by Hunk_4TH; 01-14-2010, 03:35 PM.

Comment

From my investigation, getting banned from Outbreak seems to be somewhat random in most cases.

Dot50 and I got banned because the guide we used on how to sign up for the service said to put random fake JP billing address and info with our legit credit card number. They billed our cards twice. The initial charge (which was 73 cents) and then for a month of use, which was like $9.50. Then I guess they realized we weren't legit and cancelled us. Looking back on it, I know it was kinda silly to use fake billing info (esp. considering it is fraud). But I'm pretty sure that's why we got banned in our case. Carn and randomwab used their legitimate billing information and never got banned.

But while our banning could be explained, while I was researching it, I saw a lot of people that would just get banned at random. And although there were only a couple of instances, I saw some people got banned and had billing issues (they were still being billed while banned). Most people seem to recommend getting a pre-paid visa card and just keep it filled with enough to cover the monthly charge.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
                              From my investigation, getting banned from Outbreak seems to be somewhat random in most cases.

Dot50 and I got banned because the guide we used on how to sign up for the service said to put random fake JP billing address and info with our legit credit card number. They billed our cards twice. The initial charge (which was 73 cents) and then for a month of use, which was like $9.50. Then I guess they realized we weren't legit and cancelled us. Looking back on it, I know it was kinda silly to use fake billing info (esp. considering it is fraud). But I'm pretty sure that's why we got banned in our case. Carn and randomwab used their legitimate billing information and never got banned.

But while our banning could be explained, while I was researching it, I saw a lot of people that would just get banned at random. And although there were only a couple of instances, I saw some people got banned and had billing issues (they were still being billed while banned). Most people seem to recommend getting a pre-paid visa card and just keep it filled with enough to cover the monthly charge.
                              That sort of reminds me of creating my Japanese PSN account. Though I never got banned then again I didn't use a credit card lol.

I know you canceled your account but after you and Dot50 got banned did you two ever re-create the account?

Comment

Working...
                              X