RE2 PC help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE2 PC help

I recently got RE2 on the PC, I thought it was about time I did because Dark Biohazard is closing in on us (not any time soon but still...) and I wanted to get myself prepared for it just in-case an original copy of RE2 is needed.

I can get the game itself to run fine, even in a window which is really handy but I have 2 problems I need help with.

Firstly, the FMV's don't seem to work, they just give me black screens but the audio still plays fine, I'm not too fussed on getting them to work if it's any hassle since I've seen them all before. Secondly, this one is more important to me, I can't get any of my USB game controllers to be recognised by the game.

If I can get over these hurdles then I might even get into attempting some mods.

Which version of RE2? 98 or Sourcenext?

If its the 98 version, I know it tends to be something to do with codec packs that are installed. When I had K-lite codec or Ace mega codec pack installed, it would mess up
    RE2. Did you install the movie codec that the game tries to install when running the CD? I can't remember but I don't think I install that any more either and my fmvs run ok.

This may sound silly but is your joypad plugged in before you start up RE2? I know RE2 won't detect on when its plugged in during play.
    Last edited by Enrico Marini; 01-16-2010, 12:54 PM.

Comment

It's from the "Sold Out" range here in the UK from 2001, it comes as 2 CD's, I didn't have any option to install a movie codec though. The funny thing is, you can't install disk 1 (Leon's disk) until you have installed disk 2 first, I bet that frustrated some people.

About the controllers, I know about that issue and check to make sure I've plugged a controller in before hand.

Comment

A little off-topic, but... Is this you version, or is it a bit different?
        Resource to survival horror games releases - games, promos, demos, soundtracks, movies, and books.
        lostreleases // demopals

Comment

lol. I have the UK sold out disks too. When the flash starts playing and it goes to the menu install it always asks if I want to install Direct X 6 and intel video codec. Oddly my disks allow me to install either disk whenever. Do you have any codec packs installed at all?

A little off-topic, but... Is this you version, or is it a bit different?
          I have that version but my discs are blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Enrico Marini View Post
            I have that version but my discs are blue.
            Excellent. Will you please recheck the box/inserts and check if they are absolutely 100% identical, right down to each printed letter?

Any chance you can scan the discs, and the box+inserts if there are differences?
            Also, the matrix+IFPI codes from the discs would be helpful, too. Boring, I know. May be identical to the ones written on my site, but please check carefully for small differences if they appear to be identical.
            Last edited by Anders; 01-16-2010, 02:11 PM.
            lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Right, I know nowt about Matrix+IFPI codes and the box itself is back at my mums house in storage and I won't be going back there any time soon since my mum rents the place out.

Here are the discs:

Got them in 2001. They have been retired in 2003 and cloned so many times else they would be dead by now.

The version I got is on Ebay at the moment, if you want to see the box.

Comment

Great, I've been looking for pics of the original Sold Out edition (as opposed to me SO Extreme edition), but never found any. Now that I see that box I know I have, but I never noticed the logo in the lower corner. Guess I was looking for a box similar to mine. Thanks for the scans, I'll use them on my site once I get good scans of the box from someone. Let me know if you want your name/nickname to go with the scans (just send a PM, let's not clutter up the thread anymore, sorry Vixtro!).

(Matrix codes: https://www.crimson-ceremony.net/pr3.../intro_cd.html, scroll to the bottom. Not so important anymore now that I know you have a "completely" different edition, I just wanted to compare them if the two disc colors came in the same box.)
                lostreleases // demopals

Comment

I've worked with RE2 on the PC, and had a number of problems. I never experienced any problems with the FMVs though.

Have you tried saving yet? You might experience problems with that too.

Comment

I un-installed the game to have another go at installing it and I got the option for DirectX and InterVideo this time, I have DirectX 9.0 so I skipped that but I made sure to install the InterVideo codec and the FMV's work now.

Just still can't map any of the buttons on my controller...

Comment

What kind of Joypad do you have? Does it appear in the gamepad section of control panel?

Comment

What kind of Joypad do you have? Does it appear in the gamepad section of control panel?
                        I either use a wired Xbox 360 controller or a Sega Saturn controller via an adapter and yep, it all appears working in the control panel and works in any other game as normal.

Comment

Well thats a complete arse then. I use a PSX/PS2 joypad via a converter and I've never really had any issues with setting it up in the ingame menu. All I can suggest is getting a Joypad keymapper tool (which you can set profiles to for different games, and map the RE2 keyboard keys to the buttons). I had to do that for a DC emulator as it always thought my input when pressing a button was "up".

Comment

Well thats a complete arse then. I use a PSX/PS2 joypad via a converter and I've never really had any issues with setting it up in the ingame menu. All I can suggest is getting a Joypad keymapper tool (which you can set profiles to for different games, and map the RE2 keyboard keys to the buttons). I had to do that for a DC emulator as it always thought my input when pressing a button was "up".
                            Xpadder

It's free, works like a charm, and personally used it for RE2 on the PC. Worked just fine when I mapped the keys to sensible buttons (at least for me).

Comment

Working...
                            X