Soon to be dilemma for PS3 RE5 fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soon to be dilemma for PS3 RE5 fans

Well, I find it weird that there hasn't been any news on the very soon to be released motion control for the PS3. I'm going to get the PS3 RE5 gold edition for the exclusive motion control support but we have to wait an additional three weeks I think (after DLC comes out).

Sucks since I'm such a big fan but I guess I'll need to do it unless I want to spend all that money on the DLC content first (which I don't) and buy the Gold edition later. Too much money.

So, do you guys think the motion control is going to make it in the PS3 version of RE5 gold? There hasn't been any news on it since that one conference a while ago and I don't see that big feature being promoted for the Gold edition release. Hmm... I hope it hasn't been canned because the motion controller can't come out in time.

Whatever happened to people just using a controller with buttons? When did it become not enough and obsolete?

Comment

Where's the dilemma?

There was someone at CES just last week talking about the motion controls, so it hasn't been canned.

Comment

There was news on it? Can you give me a link if you know? I just haven't seen the motion controls mentioned in any of the promotional materials on website or trailer so I didn't know if it was dropped.

The dilemma is whether or not the motion controls are going to be exclusive to the disc release. If it is, we have to wait an additional 3 weeks before it's release. If it's going to be DLC too, then well, no problem. Anyone know if the motion controls are going to be exclusive to the disc?

BTW, a controller with buttons is not obsolete obviously, but using motion controls to play this game could bring a completely different experience which is what I want if I were to buy the gold edition.

Comment

For the moment this is the only link i can find, i read something more "horse's mouth" the other day that i'll find on my laptop later. Failing that, a thread on Ask Capcom should suffice.

Capcom is releasing Resident Evil 5: Alternative Edition this coming spring, and the game will take advantage of the PS3's new wand motion controls.

Originally posted by djepic112 View Post
          The dilemma is whether or not the motion controls are going to be exclusive to the disc release. If it is, we have to wait an additional 3 weeks before it's release. If it's going to be DLC too, then well, no problem. Anyone know if the motion controls are going to be exclusive to the disc?
          The motion controller doesn't even have a release date yet does it? I'm out of the loop on it but i didn't think anything had been announced. The motion controls certainly won't be limited to JUST the disc, they'll patch them in later no doubt.

Originally posted by djepic112 View Post
          a controller with buttons is not obsolete obviously, but using motion controls to play this game could bring a completely different experience which is what I want if I were to buy the gold edition.
          Motion controls would be the BEST way to play RE5.

Comment

Originally posted by Karui View Post
            Whatever happened to people just using a controller with buttons? When did it become not enough and obsolete?
            It's not that controller with buttons is not enough, just it's, for lots of people at least, more comfortable to use some kind of pointer in shooter games, be it Wiilot, Sony's wand or even a mouse.

Comment

Motion controller doesn't have a set release date, only "Spring 2010" much like how RE5 gold was advertised before it was dated. You think Capcom will release a patch for free that allows all RE5 ps3 versions to support motion control?

I guess from that conference demo a while back, I thought they said it was coming with RE Gold.

Comment

^Well, Capcom was promoting RE5 AE as the first title to implement motion controls, so it will arrive eventually if it isn't included on the disc. And I'm sure the patch would be free.

Comment

The ability to use Sony's wand in the game may be in the retail RE5 Gold version or the 2.0 patch, because, afterall, we've already seen the game being played with the wand so they've implemented that. However, to actually use it you still have to wait for Sony to release their controller.

Comment

I'm sure they will patch it, even for just regular RE5 copies. Try and cash in on the 2.5m+ copies of the PS3 game as best possible etc.

That thing would be so imbalanced in Versus though. No chance in hell to dodge anything.
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Karui View Post
                      I agree. To me, motion controls are really gimmicky. There's a few instances where it works nicer than a controller (e.g. RE4 Wii Edition), but in general I find them largely unnecessary.
                      Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                        I agree. To me, motion controls are really gimmicky. There's a few instances where it works nicer than a controller (e.g. RE4 Wii Edition), but in general I find them largely unnecessary.
                        Count me in for this too.

Comment

hmm... looks like I'm not getting the gold edition then. DLC it is.

Comment

I'd say it's likely it's getting patched into the current version of the game. Unless the game is made in such a wonky way that they can't patch it in in any conventional way and disc release is the only option... doubt that's the case, though.

If people wanna do some tests with the 2.0 patch (this requires you to of course have the patch installed + a PS3 EyeToy):
                            Try to connect your PS3 EyeToy on different menus and/or during gameplay.-> look through the menus for anything that appears to be different.
                            Try to unplug the PS3 EyeToy on different menus and/or during gameplay -> See if the system reacts to it being unplugged while the game is running.

Lots of stuff you can test to see if 2.0 adds anything related to it. Most likely, though, I'd say there's nothing for it in the 2.0 patch, and I bet there's at least one major system firmware update missing before there'll be any potential support to be seen anywhere. There are design rules companies usually follow when it comes to add-on hardware in games and warning messages, these involve messages to notify the about the sudden removal of supported hardware that is in use. Suppose that if the wand/gem is supported, it'll be very quick to tell you the PS3 Eye has suddenly lost connection (or been plugged in)

Comment

Working...
                            X