Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 - PC Hardware Requirements

Hello Sweethearts,
    I hope I'm not pissing anyone off right now by posting a new thread . I have looked for a similar thread with the search function and could not find anything so far.
    I was wondering if anyone could help me with advice on how to play RE5 on a PC. I was thinking of getting a notebook and if I could play RE5 it would be a cool plus. Since I got a console 2 years ago I stopped looking into hardware of computers and now I don't know anything about today's hardware.
    I have come across this notebook that supports the 3D graphics, but is it any good for RE5 (especially if we're talking No Mercy) :

# Prozessor: Intel Core i5-430M (3MB shared L3 Cache 2.26GHz) with Intel Turbo Boost up to 2,53 GHz
    # HDD: 640 GB S-ATA (5.400 U/Min.)
    # Memory: 2 x 2048 MB DDR3-1066
    # Grafikkarte: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 mit 1024 MB DDR3 VRAM
    # Laufwerke: 8x DVD SuperMulti Double Layer

So yeah ... Maybe somebody can give me an advice or name a complete different model.

Kind regards,
    Last edited by DeadArtist; 03-20-2010, 04:01 PM.

should be good, i did the benchpress mark tool for RE5 off of G4WL and got a 100 fps with a 5770 card. im using a desktop version of the i5 and the same ammount of ram so you should be able to get it to run on those specs

Comment

Yeah, your definitely good to go! Imo

Comment

Benchmark gives my laptop 3fps.
        Don't you just <3 laptops. ;D

Comment

what are you running gradon?

Comment

My graphics card is a Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family with 358mb ram. rofl.
            It can only run games before 2003, otherwise I get a whopping 10fps or less.
            I can't even run a DreamCast emulator haha.
            The graphics card is the only thing letting it down, and I'm not sure if you can even install different graphic cards into a laptop?

Comment

i tihnk there integrated into laptops.

Comment

Well thanks a lot for your help, I'll let you guys know on Monday

Comment

@ Gradon Your laptop sucks then sadly :/ It's not because it's a laptop it's the specs
                  Last edited by Hunk_4TH; 03-26-2010, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Well sadly I got the laptop and the benchmark demo and best I get is a B. Ihonestly honestly donĀ“t get it!

Comment

What settings did you use?

Comment

Well at first it was all on high and that got me a C . Now it's on medium quality, everything looks rather strange and I get something between a B and a C. The hardware is even better then the 'recommended' on wikipedia and it wont even work on medium? HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?! /weskerquote]

Comment

Working...
                        X