Classic Resident Evil fonts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Resident Evil fonts

Hello, THIA. I'd like to get straight to the point and ask anyone here if they know what fonts the classic Resident Evil titles use?

Particularly, I'm looking for the same fonts that Resident Evil PS and Resident Evil 2, RE3, and RE:CV use in the game. I won't settle for the font the movie logo uses.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

The in-game fonts are probably internally made at Capcom and not something licensed. So your only option is probably to look for someone's custom made font package (or make one yourself. Which shouldn't be too hard, considering how easy it is to rip the full font sets from those games)

Comment

They are custom made fonts. They are basically just one giant image which the games segment to use as a font table.

So unfortunately there is no font type to be had for them.

Comment

You could start looking here. The font from those pics looks somewhat inspired on a typewriter theme... Hope this helps.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Does anyone know the font used for the classic logo?

Comment

Originally posted by wesker RPD View Post
            Does anyone know the font used for the classic logo?

It actually looks like a modified version of the font called "Impact".

Here's what I mean, I've uploaded a quick bit of editing in Photoshop.
            This is the order of work, mind you this is just something that took a couple of minutes to do - so this isn't exactly perfect.

[Final Edits to the font + Shadows]
            [Impact Font Edited]
            [Impact Font Unedited]
            [Official RE2 Logo]
            Spoiler:

I can probably try and make it into a font though - since I haven't seen an exact match with the edits on it and that I'm already working on getting the images that the other in-game fonts are in and turning those into fonts for OKei.
            Last edited by Enetirnel; 04-07-2010, 06:19 AM.
            sigpic
            Non-blurry Signature Version
            Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Working...
            X