Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Outbreak 3: What would you like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Outbreak 3: What would you like?

As the thread title says, if Capcom decided to bring Outbreak "file 3" to this generation, what would you want to see and features to have~?

Pondering on the success with Valve's Left4dead series, and people demanding for another outbreak, Capcom (with its core direction on having their core games to have a fair focus on online play) I think Capcom has the chance to create another sequel. I just would love to have a chance to play Outbreak online again now with how far online gaming has evolved on the console front. I just think it's the perfect time.

MT framework 2.0 (looking at Lost Planet 2's online component) could open up a huge window of creating your own avatar in the game along with your friends. Customizing your own unique persona and abilities to survive the horror around you. Returning to Raccoon City again is the best opportunity to go with (or why not Sheena Island or perhaps a new location?) since of the mythos from the first two still has a huge impact for me in the series. Also to think along the lines of left4dead, the number of game modes that can be applied to in-game (survivors being chased by special "infected/BOWs" being controlled by playable characters) would be a dream pick if I could think on what to add onto Outbreaks behalf.

This is just a few Ideas I thought off. Why not share your ideas and wishes to see if there was another outbreak!
    Last edited by Zombie Fred; 05-09-2010, 12:05 PM.

The important thing -> The servers has to run on Europe, too!
    And there should be more pictures and fan stuff, so you have to play it again and again. More stuff than in OB 1&2. And the difficulties must be harder than before.

The graphic isnĀ“t important to me. I like the simple design from the OB 1&2.

Comment

I''d love to see a news press office like in Nemesis. That "A day in Raccoon" scenario that was suppose to be in Outbreak. A school. Basically stuff like that.

Comment

I'd like to have some more environmental activity (such as we got with the elephant in the Wild Things scenario, in File #2).

Since the other stuff has been mentioned, I'd in all honesty would like to have friendly fire on the offline gameplay (really, some days I'd just love to smack the AI that absolutely do nothing regardless of whomever you're playing as to get them to listen to commands/requests).

Perhaps an unlockable "Natural Immunity" option to freeze the infection for free play, however cannot be used if playing online to be fair OR an option to at the very least, hide the infection gauge from appearing outside of the menu when it increases.

Making sure that the background music and sound effects can be turned down separately (Outbreak had it, File #2 didn't as it affected both the music AND sound effects).

Ah, areas should be bigger and shouldn't be limited to online/offline regions - should be accessible if items are found and these extended areas are unlocked.

If it were to be in Raccoon again, then I'd have liked to have seen Birkin/G (considering what was floating around on the discs...) at a point, Nemesis or hell... Dr. Cameron.

It'd be interesting if there was also a choice for Nightmare mode to have say... similarities to REmake with either Invisible Enemies, or "One Deadly Zombie" enemy types instead of what the usual is in it.
        sigpic
        Non-blurry Signature Version
        Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Can't believe that no one has said voice chat...
          sigpic

Comment

Voice Chat

Comment

Yeah I was about to say "where the hell iws voice chat?"

1. My hopes would to first and foremost make communication better. Voice chat works, but keeping simple commands to basics would be good for those without mics. RE5 made the communication layout more simplistic, but it actually helps for the range of gamers out there.

2. Also I'm getting tired of Raccoon City. That's the point of the "outbreak" I'm sure, but there's only so many locations in that city you can visit. To the point where we go to the city zoo now...what next? I'd rather we have chapters dedicated to layouts from other games or even perhaps have a new city altogether that is infected. Imagine a chapter dedicated to the outbreak in the mansion or Rockfort Island?

3. Crimson Heads and/or Ganados are also welcome. I wouldn't mind fighting with three players against such foes. But also other creatures from the new lineup would be fun or even expanded upon.

4. Make your own character. I don't care anymore for the original lineup. If I'm going to be in an outbreak I want to customize a character based around me. And I think most players would dig this idea. You can make him a civillian, STARS/BSAA member, Umbrella scientist, spy or mercenary, etc. Going back to the new level idea, Imagine playing a prisoner escaping rockfort prison or the Umbrella Training facility? Eh? Eh?

5. And for those without online a lone wolf mode off the bat would be nice. We need to cater to people who still can't play online without forcing them to deal with AI partners that will never be 100% perfect.

Let me know how that sounds okay.

Comment

I think an outbreak 3 would be cool they should add a bunch more levels like maybe one could be an abandoned insane asylum where everything is dark and hard to see something to make the players jump a little. but also have a some new players like throw in hunk and some stars/bravo people from RE1 p.s. dont forget tofu.

Comment

Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
                  Making sure that the background music and sound effects can be turned down separately (Outbreak had it, File #2 didn't as it affected both the music AND sound effects).
                  Yes, I find the volume options for file 2 to be very odd as well. I wanted to mute the ad libs in it, but I could still hear the characters make those puking noises when they're hit. I didn't like that the sound FX and music were baked together on one channel.

I would like
                  • Updated graphics, it doesn't have to be that much. They can imitate L4D for that, I think the ingame models for it are terrific looking!
                  • The location should be even more Raccoon. I want more buildings to explore. There's tons of rooms left unseen. Come on, it's a city, the possibilities are huge.
                  • Smarter AI. They shouldn't complete the game for you, but they shouldn't be total dumbasses. They shouldn't run under the elephant's feet. I know there's alot of idiots in the world, I still don't think 100% of people are like that...
                  • I'd like the original idea of no voice nor text chat and not being able to tell who's CPU controlled from who isn't.
                  • The AI like the cops or scientists should do more than stand around. Come on. Even Obscure had more fun AI to interact with and you could push objects around.
                  • Same voice acting director and main voices as the first game or something as high quality.
                  • Regular characters like the original game, no D-Cups or DragonBallZ pandering characters.
                  • Less big guns.
                  • Military characters should be unlockables.
                  • NPCs could start with weapons or unique items. I think it's no big deal if someone starts with an AR since there'd be no clip in it within the scenario anyway. So it's only 30 bullets. It's not any worse than Kevin having 14 .45 bullets at the begining.
                  • NO RPD
                  • NO SPENCER MANSION.
                  • No load times between rooms.
                  • DON'T IMITATE LEFT 4 DEAD, it's boring as hell.
                  • Make it possible to clear all scenarios without using weapons.

I AM CERTAIN SOMEONE WILL READ EACH AND EVERYONE OF MY WONDERFUL SUGGESTIONS AND MAKE A GAME OUT OF IT, THANKS, LOVE YA!!!
                  Last edited by The_15th; 05-10-2010, 09:07 AM. Reason: WALL OF TEXT WARNING

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                    Yeah I was about to say "where the hell iws voice chat?"

1. My hopes would to first and foremost make communication better. Voice chat works, but keeping simple commands to basics would be good for those without mics. RE5 made the communication layout more simplistic, but it actually helps for the range of gamers out there.
                    Only if the communication is optional. I do not want forced mic-whining or message spamming, as it happens far too often in other games.

Originally posted by The_15th View Post
                    Yes, I find the volume options for file 2 to be very odd as well. I wanted to mute the ad libs in it, but I could still hear the characters make those puking noises when they're hit. I didn't like that the sound FX and music were baked together on one channel.

I would like
                    • Updated graphics, it doesn't have to be that much. They can imitate L4D for that, I think the ingame models for it are terrific looking!
                    • The location should be even more Raccoon. I want more buildings to explore. There's tons of rooms left unseen. Come on, it's a city, the possibilities are huge.
                    • Smarter AI. They shouldn't complete the game for you, but they shouldn't be total dumbasses. They shouldn't run under the elephant's feet. I know there's alot of idiots in the world, I still don't think 100% of people are like that...
                    • I'd like the original idea of no voice nor text chat and not being able to tell who's CPU controlled from who isn't.
                    • The AI like the cops or scientists should do more than stand around. Come on. Even Obscure had more fun AI to interact with and you could push objects around.
                    • Same voice acting director and main voices as the first game or something as high quality.
                    • Regular characters like the original game, no D-Cups or DragonBallZ pandering characters.
                    • Less big guns.
                    • Military characters should be unlockables.
                    • NPCs could start with weapons or unique items. I think it's no big deal if someone starts with an AR since there'd be no clip in it within the scenario anyway. So it's only 30 bullets. It's not any worse than Kevin having 14 .45 bullets at the begining.
                    • NO RPD
                    • NO SPENCER MANSION.
                    • No load times between rooms.
                    • DON'T IMITATE LEFT 4 DEAD, it's boring as hell.
                    • Make it possible to clear all scenarios without using weapons.

I AM CERTAIN SOMEONE WILL READ EACH AND EVERYONE OF MY WONDERFUL SUGGESTIONS AND MAKE A GAME OUT OF IT, THANKS, LOVE YA!!!
                    I thought it was weird, considering that the audio files and the overall file layout seems to be quite similar to Outbreak (from what I've seen just from taking a quick look) - the audio and the background music were separate so it wouldn't have killed them to retain the original audio options, as I had wanted to turn the ad-libs off as well.

I have to agree with you on what you've said, the only time I'd like to see the R.P.D. again or the Arklay Mansion again would be in the initial outbreak causing the Mansion Incident through the forest or something.

Optional choice to keep the corpses around, instead of fading away (kinda ruins the atmosphere when they flicker away on the screen).
                    sigpic
                    Non-blurry Signature Version
                    Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

I've changed all the adlibs in my version for the file 1 ones. I haven't been able to edit any of the BLEARRRGHH! noises they make when being hit. IDK what they were thinking recording this... I can watch Japanese movies or anime fine... the first comparison that came to my mind "hearing" File 2 was it sounds like Ninja Turtles.

Comment

I would love for this to happen at some point. Especially with zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
                          Only if the communication is optional. I do not want forced mic-whining or message spamming, as it happens far too often in other games.
                          Generally that would be the case when it comes to mic support. The point here is range, and no one likes forced AI partners anymore than they like working with whiny gamers. However with a more simplistic layout of commands mic support might not even be needed although it is there as a benefit. Rarely did I ever feel the need to mic with a parnter in RE5. With Outbreak back in the day it always felt like a struggle to work with a partner because the features were to much to memorize and the need of mic support would have actually made teamwork an improvement. You'd only have a good run if you and your partners knew what they were doing in advance, but because there was no way to speak out beyond the "HELP ME!" and the "LET'S TRY TO STAY CALM!" quirks, working as a team felt sluggish and poor. With the classic system people play that style of RE at their own pace. And when you mix someone doing speed run to someone taking in their surroundings it usually ends up a mess. That's why mic support can help bring players on the same page.

Needless to say when you deal with online play you always run risk of whiners, ass hats, elitists, noobs, etc.

Thank God I added a lone wolf mode from the get go.

Comment

All of you make good points, and I have to agree on them. Optional voice chat, better non-chat communication, (RE5 improved the in-game communication from Outbreak) a create your own character system, and keeping the original characters, if not adding more. As you all may know if you know me(Ene and Smiley>>) that it was the characters of this game that hooked me. If there's a way to include created characters to interract with the other characters, perhaps through reply options, that'd be greaaaaat. (I've always wanted to tell Jim to STFU as it were. ><) I'd love actual cutscenes as well, not just an inner monologue with the character just...standing there.

Also, I do love Raccoon City...even if the game wasn't another extension of it, and moved to another city? I'd still love it. There's definately more places to go to. A mall, grocery stores, hell, I wanted a stage set in movie and stage theatres.

And hell, since we're in the new age and Arkham Asylum was able to do it, keep clothes and body damage in continuity throughout the level.
                            Last edited by Inferno04; 05-10-2010, 08:35 PM.

Comment

LOL... the same thing EVERYONE has wanted since the first Outbreak. Voice Chat.

Also, we can do without the "realistic" but sluggish character animations and controls. What would be REALLY awesome, and I barely know many of you but can already guess many won't like this idea but... Make Outbreak 3 a Multiplayer RE4 control style with the over the shoulder camera. But to make up for the long lost Survival Horror elements, emphasize teamwork and inventory over action. And sure why not bring back our beloved zombies as crimson heads. I mean after all these years I'm sure someone's modified the T-G virus to make useful BOW that aren't as slow as glaciers.

Comment

Working...
                              X